Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Mod News ] Galactic Conquest v0.2 Released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not much logner to wait, hurrah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

this is the one I'm waitin for....

Hopefully will be able to dl it this evenin' but to be fair the demand will be high so in reality it looks like sat or sunday.

I got forgotten hope t'other day and it was stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    I got forgotten hope t'other day and it was stunning!

Stunning at over a gig! That be over a quarter of my cap (if Eircom ever decide to give me bb that is:rolleyes: )

Winters dude - I gotta say you are really on the ball as far as the download mirrors go..cheers m8 - I have been patiently waiting on this all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

thank you :)

There about all the mirrors I can find at the moment. Even got a BitTorrent in there too. Im going to try and download the mod over the weekend. PC will be online all weekend. Hopefully with this release the mod will get the recognition and support it should have always had. A real pity 1.0 was a unfinished release.

• Advertisement

I agree the first one left a lot to be desired but this time it looks like they did the right thing and didn't rush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

i've got the first Galactic Conquest mod downloaded and i cant find anybody who plays it online when i specify in my filters that only GC servers are to show up. Apart from specifying what servers you want to play on through the filter option is there any other way?

Still looking for GC online players

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Usual mirror, lil late cause down the country.....
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~ianoc/GalacticConquest0.21setup.exe
    md5sum : 4a05f4f5e20a4d81f8c76a3ebf69158f

Finally got it downloaded, after FOUR complete, yet dud downlaods (all downlaods crashed with 58k!!!! to go), but I prevailed! and fifth time I got it (yea, thats 2 and a half gig of downloading). Definately a LOT more polished than their first attempt, havent had a blast on-line yet, but definately looks playable. Sould be a good bit of fun for LAN parties and stuff.

• Advertisement

i'm 89% downloaded at the mo.
    i'd be up for a game in half an hour if you want

Im at 85% at the moment with about 4 hours to go still. I'll have it done by tomorrow or Tuesday. There seems to be a few servers popping up for it here and there so hopefully a good few people are giving it a go and seeing how great a mod it actually is.

Cant wait to play it :)

Damn 56k slowing down my playing times.

WAIT!!! If you're downloading from the same link as given above, it won't work!!!!

I finished downloading it a few mins ago and when i ran it I got a file corrupt error!!! Don't waste you're time.

I got a new one from megagames.com and am downloading it at the moment. I'll keep you posted if it's corrupt or not.

took me 4 attempts also..one actually was brazen enough to stall at only 28secs before completion!!

Just out of curiosity, what download software are you using. Is it just the standard Internet Explorer download stuff or a proper downlaod program such as Getright etc.?

If your using the inbuilt Internet Explorer stuff try a proper downlaod software. Ive had Getright alternating between about 6 servers over the past ... 25 hours and 4 minutes of downlaoding [64mb to go, thats only 4 hours!].

yup, i'm using getright
    When i get a file that works i'll shtick it up on my webspace and give you the address

off to bed now so i should have it on the net by tomorrow evening sometime. Maybe the morning if I have time before college

bye the way, if anybody needs any BF1942 mods ar patches downloaded nad they have a slow connection, you can by all means send me an SAE with a cd and I' can get it for you. I've a v.fst BB connection with a download cap of 8gigs per month which i dont get to use so I may aswell put it to use

So if you need help just pm me!

I used Internet Explorer download twice, crashed both tiems with less than 3 seconds to go, then tried DAP, crashed first time while decompiling, then second time it finished but the file was corrupt, the final time i used DAP it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I gave this a go last night, thanks to Winters' great links (FTPd it from clanserver4u.de, worked first time)...
    I haven't tried GC before so I can't say how it compares to previous versions, but I must say I like it! Especially the space battles, the slow lumbering capital ships are great fun to pilot around and pound other capital ships with - I can see some great battles being had with these. The Death Star map is good fun too, dipping into the trench feels just like in the movies! It's a very difficult map for the rebels (theres an invisible shield above the port apparently, so you can't just dive-bomb from straight above), but I guess this is only right. And running around in AT-STs is alot of fun too, the sounds are just right.

One or two things are not quite what they should be though... The design of the Bespin map feels very amateurish, and altogether isn't that much fun to play (lots of open space, not much to do). Likewise with the Judicator map, it just seems to be endless bland corridors. I only played them for a few minutes each though, so there may be more to them than that. The sniper rifle is next to useless - although apparently this is a known problem, and should be fixed in the next release. Exiting from hanger bays can be quite frustrating since what you need to do is apply a little thrust, then reverse to hover up, and then apply full thrust to exit the bay. Anything else results in crashing and burning. And I still haven't been able to get the hang of landing any of the craft, although I'd say this'll get easier with practise.

But overall the laser battles can be quite exciting, and the space battles finally give me the multiplayer X-Wing experience I always longed for! I'm looking forward to playing it again tonight.

Jazz - yea deathstar is a brilliant map..the TIE fighters make mince meat out of anything on that map - I feel sorry for the poor rebels I have never seen teh star destroyer destroyed yet. It takes a little gettin used to taking off but just use whatever you have set as reverse or down throttle to lift u up slightly...hover for a few seconds then slowly apply thrust in little increments until you clear the hangar and then u can zip off.

As for landing - just throttle off and hit reverse to hover then bring yourself down slowly.

Judicator is cool when u get used to it..don't forget to exchange your pistol for one of those handy blasters that are splattered around on the racks - makes life a hell of a lot easier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Pugsley
    I used Internet Explorer download twice, crashed both tiems with less than 3 seconds to go, then tried DAP, crashed first time while decompiling, then second time it finished but the file was corrupt, the final time i used DAP it worked.

wget -c [url][/url]

ok, I am not too happy.

After a nice smooth 35 - odd hours of downloading I also got a currupt file. Cant really figure out which miror yet was the culprut. If you install it going past the file check thingy it gets to 97% on the Texture.rfa before it aborts. :(

Anyone be able to send out a cd of this? Was hoping to actually get a few games of it in before BF:V on Friday. Cursed currupt files.

Winters, if you want me to send you out a cd i'll be more than happy. Pm me and we'll talk further.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by Winters
    ok, I am not too happy.

After a nice smooth 35 - odd hours of downloading I also got a currupt file. Cant really figure out which miror yet was the culprut. If you install it going past the file check thingy it gets to 97% on the Texture.rfa before it aborts. :(

Anyone be able to send out a cd of this? Was hoping to actually get a few games of it in before BF:V on Friday. Cursed currupt files.

I thought you were in DCU... would ya not just download it in L128 and burn it to CD-r? ya can save big files in C:/temp on those machines.

sure if you're desperate, im in ca in DCU too. I can meet you there and give it to you

Originally posted by dregin-x
    I thought you were in DCU... would ya not just download it in L128 and burn it to CD-r? ya can save big files in C:/temp on those machines.

Can you save files to the C:\temp folder? I tried to save stuff to pretty much everywhere and it kept saying I didnt have access rights. grrr... Last tie I tried I downloaded it stright to CD but that doesnt seem to work... wonder if I have a CD with me.

Also ... theres loads of fecking labs on so im stuck down in Lg01 or somewhere. no CD Burners let alone CD Drives in sight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

yes. C:/temp is open on all lab computers.

good.

I'll be up in L114/128 after this silly lab i have soon to download. I do have a nice 700mb blank CD with me. Are there any other CD burners amongst the labs beside those black Dells in L114 and 128?

and sweet jeysus we are going off topic... but I do want my GC.

there's burners in L125 aswell. Just make sure you stay with the computer while you download cos if it goes into standyby mode while you're away it'll stop the download as far as i know. Plus remember the number of the computer so others in DCU might be able to get it off the tmp folder before the folder is cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Everone done with GC?

Advertisement