Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N'Roses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Also on that page is shakira - Live and "unretouched".

heheheheh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No new tracks either, just making that horrible cover of Sympathy For The Devil more available.

*wonders if Chinese Democracy will ever surface.... before I die that is*
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    *wonders if Chinese Democracy will ever surface.... before I die that is*
    Nero
    unlikely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

what rumors? there's ads on the telly already, ah i'm just sick of it all now so i am, give me chin dem already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Theres more...

Apparently Gilby Clarke is remixing some old Hollywood Rose recordings, like Shadow of your Love and Wreckless Life.

To be released in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/

- well at least the website is ready! The album is apparently finished and was delayed due to legal action trying to stop the Greatest Hits crap bring released. They are playing Lisbon in the summer, I wouldn't be too surprised to hear a few more European dates announced over the next few months, and if that happens you can take it the album is being released. It'd surely never happen but Slane would be pure legend

that's not an official site dude sorry.
    Dizzy just said that Buckethead is unofficially out of the band and Axl is getting guitar lessons off some guy in new york. i think chin dem won't be out this year...

also the official site is gnronline.com, which had 'Stay tuned for news on Chinese Democracy coming soon XX/XX/2002' - soon it said haha right, but now that's even gone! check it out, definatley won't be out this year

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Yeah it was announced on radio that Buckethead is out, but it's not 100% yet.....

....good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

the greatest hits album is purely a money spinner by geffen, all orginal members went to court to stop its release... dont buy it, we have all the songs already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Its being released by Universal, not Geffen. Unless Geffen s a subsidary of Universal..but I dont think so..cause I think they are a subsidary of Interscope..unless Interscope are a subsidary of Universal.. ****ing record companies..

Tom

Universal own them all man, geffen who've just come back or something, interscope might be going, and there's something to do with Sanctuary in there too from what i've been reading about gn'r in the last while.
    also Buckethead officially out according to mtv.com - Axl new lead guitarist i hope! ...
    "I'M ON THE NIGHT-T... hang on i can get this... AND I'M READY TO CRASH AND BUUUU... damnit!" although there's two other guitarists :dunno:

Axl needs the money to pay for all his plastic surgery..

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Ive heard the track Chinese Demorcacy, and it took me a while to grow on me. Where with the ole GNR, it was bang on and I went with the flow, but I dont think the new tracks will have the same spark.

Man if GNR were playing at Slane...that would be amazing!

The track Chinese Democracy is dire!
    It reminds me of "The Vines" with Axl singing or something.

They aint 'Guns N' roses' anymore, thats why its dire.
    I would'nt go see em, Id go see Velvet Revolver though.. Axl has had more than 20 musicans working on this chinese democracy yoke, including some guy that used to play guitar for N'Sync ! How Rock N' Roll is that !? Without Slash and Duff, who gives a **** what Axl gets up to.

He should rename the band, and stop riding the name Guns N' Roses, its deludes people into thinking they are good.. It may be.. 'good' but it aint GNR.

Tom

I don't know about N'Sync but current guitarist Richard Fortus was Enrique Englesias'(i'm glad i can't spell it) session guitarist! one thing though if you're a N'sync/EE guitarist, you know you're good - although gaaay.
    Oh My God and The Blues are among my top ten fav' guns songs(not 9 and 10, although i don't really have a list), both from the 'new' gn'r, although it was all axl n' izzy anyway.
    When John Freese left for Perfect Circle Axl re-recorded the entire drums for the album then, i bet he's going to do the same with Buckethead's guitar, who would want guitar all over your album who's not in the band and seemed to leave the band accromoniously(not glad i can't spell that!) - the album will never be out! :D i just think it's funny - Axl da man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

The GN'R Greatest Hits when into the Irish charts at no 1. maybe this will show MCD, etc there's a demand for them and will book them next time Axl decides to go on a world tour.

I'd rather see Axl's band then Velvet Revolver. It doesn't matter to me if someone's doing a Slash impression but Scott Weiland trying to be Axl no thanks. The first time I heard "Set Me Free" I thought of "it's so easy".

didn't get the Greatest Hits(yet :ninja:) but i heard that "c*nt" is dubbed out in 'Ain't it Fun'? If so it's the worst thing ever!
    VR will suck...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Just got my hands on it.

Track list:

1. Wecome to the Jungle
    2. Sweet Child O'Mine
    3. Patience
    4. Paradise City
    5. Knockin' on Heavens Door
    6. Civil War
    7. You Could Be Mine
    8. Don't Cry (Original)
    9. November Rain
    10. Live and Let Die
    11. Yesterdays
    12. Ain't it Fun
    13. Since I don't Have you
    14. Sympathy for the Devil

I think they should have had two cd box set with the second CD containing hits like Coma, 14 Years, Estranged, Night train, Get in the Ring etc.
    Disappointing really!:(

• Advertisement

so you want a studio Best Of?
    sure every song is a sermon in itself so everything is a best of ;)

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I don't see the problem with having the second cd? They have some great songs that were never released as singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Velvet Revolver will not suck. Believe me. Slash has always delivered above 80% perfection, and I can promise you this will be the best thing he has ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

I'm so glad Buckethead has left Guns & Roses. What a waste of his time, Axel doesn't no what he's doing ... cancelling shows and delaying this album for ages. At least now Buckethead may get on with his other projects and more instead of hanging around for Axel waiting to get his finger out. The rest of the band should leave to ... Buckethead can do so much better than the all new lame G&R.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Slash and Duff were on Trl today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Cianan2
    Slash and Duff were on Trl today.

Well thanks for that vast well of information there. How very informative. I'm glad we have you around to keep us up to date on the music biz...

Eh... what were they doing? Were they playing a game of chess? In the audience? Was it an interview? If so did they have anything interesting to say?

As for Vlad Drac;
    I'm so glad Buckethead has left Guns & Roses. What a waste of his time, Axel doesn't no what he's doing ... cancelling shows and delaying this album for ages. At least now Buckethead may get on with his other projects and more instead of hanging around for Axel waiting to get his finger out. The rest of the band should leave to ... Buckethead can do so much better than the all new lame G&R.

I hadn't even heard of bucket head before the crap new GNR, so I imagine he'll sink back into obscurity. He's obviously so crap he has to wear a ****ing bucket on his head as a stupid gimmick. I mean... WHY? I do however agree with you that the rest of the band should just split, and leave Axl alone to rot. He's just píssing off old and new fans alike now.

Roll on Velvet Revolver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

I hadn't even heard of bucket head before the crap new GNR, so I imagine he'll sink back into obscurity. He's obviously so crap he has to wear a ****ing bucket on his head as a stupid gimmick. I mean... WHY? I do however agree with you that the rest of the band should just split, and leave Axl alone to rot. He's just píssing off old and new fans alike now.

He's been wearing his Bucket long before the new G&R. You should check out some of his stuff, not saying that you'll like it as its nothing like old G&R. He's played in a number of Projects such as Praxis, Death Cube K and Cobra Strike. He's worked with Les Claypool and stuff too, and will be releasing an album with him soon. I'd recommend some of his stuff from the Praxis album "Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis)" or for some of his quite solo work check out the album "Colma". as far as I know he also did the Theme for Power Rangers too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Attachment: exposedbuckethead.jpg

Wow, did anyone else notice his pinky (c) finger? Eugenics at it's best...

he's an unbelieveable guitarist, but i'm not sure at his ability to write hits, i think that's what Dr. Loon was eluding to. Although his song on the Last Action Hero soundtrack ruled, that was a great soundtrack too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

What the f*ck is wrong with his finger??!!!

Advertisement