Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutley Exchange

• 12-03-2004 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anyone on this? or know where it's located?

The place I'm in is failing the test and eircom are saying that it's either going to be caused by being more than 4KM from the exchange (unlikely since I'm living right beside nutley road) or due to something being up with the line itself.

Incidentally I called twice, the first time I called I mentioned that Esat had told me to call them to find out why the line was failing and the customer service practically scolded me for calling. The second time I called I pretended to be making a new inquiry and I got loads of information and help, the rep told me to check again in a week or two when the exchange was checked again, possible reasons for failure and so on.

For all the good it'll do I'm going to give comreg a note about this, it strikes me as sort of uncompetitive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

It is a damn disgrace that peoples lines fail and Eircom just shrug their shoulders and go. "Oh well... easy come easy go. We don't care you still pay us line rental."

I recall when I had a problem with my phoneline as in I was getting brutal speeds of 21,000 bps with dial up (previously had been getting 48,0000+). I phoned Eircom up and they were like "Well we don't guarantee our lines over speeds of 9,600 bps...". So well what could I say? But after a few days of this I phoned again, got through to someone who recorded the fault, and engineer was sent out, he climbed up the pole outside my house spent about two minutes doing whatever he did. Climbed down, I tested it and I was once again on 48,000 bps...

I'm not exactly sure how they test for DSL but I'd hate to think lines are failing because of something as simple as that...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

I get the impression that something at the exchange is poked and prodded, supposedly the exchanges are checked every four weeks which makes little or no sense to me. In fact is sounds like bull****, why would you need to check an exchange every four weeks? to see if some of the connections had magically become DSL enabled?

Anyway, there's ISDN in the house at the moment and according to a friend of mine who is reasonably knowledgable in these matters that might be screwing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Well ISDN and BB are incompatiable. You need to get ISDN disabled or whatever. I have heard on this board that lines with ISDN automatically fail.. So that might be where you should go from here...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by wombat
    Anyone on this? or know where it's located?

Nutley Exchange is right beside RTE the entrance is between RTE's entrance and the N11.

Advertisement