Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 files

Options
  • 14-08-2001 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

i have an old versionn of Quake 3 here (dont know exactly WHAT version it is) and would just like to know, what updates i need and what add on patches etc i will need to be able to play the game online?

also, wheres the best place to find all these files?
    answers appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

You need the current patch that is on most servers - 1.27g. They can be found on ftp://ftp.quake.ie/q3.files/patches .

You may also need osp (ive lost track of what the latest version is with so many changes to it) but its probably best if you go to http://www.orangesmoothie.org for the latest version.

Lastly, you may need some maps for team play games. Which you can find on ftp://ftp.quake.ie/q3.files/maps

Have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I think we should upgrade to 1.29f as it has improved performance for 56k fag0ts like me, but i haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

1.29f is a beta.
    Its crap.
    Its buggy.
    Its not finished.

Dont upgrade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

ahh yes i forgot the whole beta thing, i must have been blinded by the idea of a playable game of 56k Q3A from my modem smile.gif

any ideas when this release will be updated past beta stage?

Advertisement