Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators & thread deletions

Options
  • 12-03-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I havent been here too long as you can see by my post total. But what i have noticed in my short time here is that it is almost forbidden to challenge a moderator. Now i dont know if it is certain mods that dont like this or if it is a general rule but it certainly stinks of hypocrisy. They, on one hand, will, of course discuss with other, should we say non]mods but if there is a repost that challenges them the thread is deleted. Are moderators supposedly infallible or do they believe that they are above the law? I certainly think that DeVore should intervene here and either put me out of my misery or sort this out.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Give a link to what you're talking about.

The normal order for a grievance with a moderator is to PM the moderator first, if you're not happy with what they've to say, post here, nice and calmly, with your grievance. Never post on the moderator's board giving out, because a) It's off-topic and b) It appears then that you're attacking the moderator themselves rather than their decision. It's rare a thread will be simply deleted. More often that not it's locked and/or moved to the recycle bin.

Moderators are just normal posters outside of their own board(s). There's no moderator that thinks otherwise.

Again, post up your grievance here so it can be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Originally posted by seamus
    Moderators are just normal posters outside of their own board(s).

Thats fine.

I cant find a link to what i am talking about and to be honest i dont have the time at the moment, but maybe i will after lunch.

Advertisement