Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon contract cancelling ?

• 12-03-2004 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

I am just about with eircon 12 months,

1 . Do I have to inform them that I would like to cancel
    on the twelfth month or will any time after that do.

2 . are eircon the best for gamers, I was thinking of going to IOL for the 16gb download limit, but don't want gaming to suffer as a result of changing.

3 . how long is the change period, i.e.. no net while waiting for IOL to set up.

Cranoo ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

(1) Anything after the 12 month will be fine for cancelling.
    (2) From my own experience, I get pretty constant low ping's on Eircom.
    (3) it depends if Eircom will allow migration to IOL which would be a straight forward processs, but if they have to remove bb and renable bb then it would be normally about 14 days from what I gather.

Definitely call up Eircom support and ask them if they allow migration to IOL and call IOL and ask them if they allow migration from Eircom. Tedious process but time saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

With eircom at present and rang IOL recently to enquire about changing over.

Eircom should be able to transfer you over to IOL with no break in service however IOL told me that this service is not available yet. The process therefore involves cancelling eircom, and waiting for eircom to "release" your line, that may take up to 3 weeks according to IOL. You can then place your order for IOL and expect anything up to a further 3 weeks to get IOL set up. So if I were you I would expect anything up to 6 week wait.

That made my mind up for me - I'll stay with eircom on their €39 package until I can change providers with no break in service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

took 5 weeks for me to go from netsource DSL to eircom DSL (eircom are usually faster when you are going to them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Ok thanks Lads :dunno:

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
    Eircom should be able to transfer you over to IOL with no break in service

It's called 'migration'.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dlofnep
    It's called 'migration'.

Oh......that must be the technical term then. I bow to your superior technical knowledge.:rolleyes:

PS. It's actually called "bitstream port transfer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Oh......that must be the technical term then. I bow to your superior technical knowledge.:rolleyes:

Good comeback, this type of faux superiour knowledge sh!t really get's my goat up. I find this very condisending attitude on Boards quite commong place for some reason.

Originally posted by Billy-Joe
    I find this very condisending attitude on Boards quite commong place for some reason.

I agree it is, but I didn't start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I agree it is, but I didn't start it.

Sorry if it didn't come out right. I was complaining about dlofnep. I have no time for that kind of muppetry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by Billy-Joe
    Good comeback, this type of faux superiour knowledge sh!t really get's my goat up. I find this very condisending attitude on Boards quite commong place for some reason.

Techno nerds gone wild...i've been reading the for sale forum, man these guys rip people to shreads. Oohh it's on Komplett for cheaper... etc.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Techno nerds gone wild...i've been reading the for sale forum, man these guys rip people to shreads. Oohh it's on Komplett for cheaper... etc.

:rolleyes:

No need for insults Richard, and by the way that's a bit rich coming from a guy posting on an internet bulletin board after midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

coz if it was 11:59 it would be ok :eek:

i don't know if eircom are best for gaming but i had good pings and good connection with eircom. i know someone on iol though that has a similar level of service in that respect i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Demand that there be no break in service if you transfer. If needs be quote ComReg Decison notice D1/04 at them. Do not accept any bull about the need to disconnect and reconnect.

Did you edit your post after or before you googled what a bitstream port transfer was? And yes, i am fully aware of what a bitstream port transfer is and the industry standard name for it is called 'migration'.

Originally posted by dlofnep
    Did you edit your post after or before you googled what a bitstream port transfer was?

Before.

:)

Advertisement