Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall for a network

• 12-03-2004 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

1 pc + 1 laptop = 1 cross over.
    Pc = broadband.
    I got ZoneAlarm and i told it to trust thus and thus ip on the network and i picked network when installing but i cant use the net on my laptop when its on.

Plus no point getting firewall for laptop is there if i have it for pc ?
    And is Norton firewall better than zone alarm ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Some firewalls just aren't compatible with internet connection sharing (ICS), you just have to check what works with ICS.

Personally, i've finally managed to make Kerio personal firewall work with Sygate Home Network, so i'm happy. Just experiment.

And if you have a firewall on the computer suppliying the internet, thats all you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ok thanks, i tried Zone Alarm pro trial and that has an option for a network...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

This setup should work fine with the basic free zone alarm and ICS. The only thing you might have to do is add the IP address of the laptop as 'trusted' in firewall -> zones in zone alarm

Advertisement