Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undeliverable messages

Options
  • 12-03-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Am I being a bit paranoid folks. I keep getting "Undeliverable message " responses from Webmasters when I have not tried to send email to their site in the first place. Could it be that my email address is being spoofed and where the destination spam address is invalid, I get the "Undeliverable Message" response?

What are the other possibilities?

Cheers,
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

Hi Joe,
    Could be a virus on someone elses computer, and they have your address in their contacts list,
    The virus has taken two contacts, put one in the 'to:' field and sent the mail(virus) to them, then it takes a random name(in this case your mail address) and puts the 'from' as your mail, so when the mail gets blocked or bad addressed you get the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Could also be a recent spam technique. Any weird messages or characters at the bottom of the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Zentoad

Originally posted by Dun
    Could also be a recent spam technique. Any weird messages or characters at the bottom of the message?

No. Sometimes an attachment would be returned as well. I checked one of the attachments for a virus but it came up clean.

//JOC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this is the work of a virus, it has been doing the rounds for some time now. Most likely hasn't effected your computer though. Possibly not even the webmasters computer, but a third party who would have both addresses in their address book

Advertisement