Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notes in your wallet

• 12-03-2004 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Have you already tried this one? www.eurobilltracker.com It's actually quite interesting. There should just be more Irish people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

LOL the power of boards.ie

Three boards users top of the list for latest registrations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

prolly need way more subscribers to get alot of notes matched up across diff countries, at the mo most of the matches are just within the same country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I need more money:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh but we don't live in the states!

nice site liflap, I'm gona keep an eye on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

This is cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Originally posted by Lenny
    Ahh but we don't live in the states!

he never said we did :)

i submitted all the notes i got already.
    1 10 euro note :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Good site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Really cool site. Join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Here's another site kinda along the same lines.....

If you read books and throw them in the corner when you've finished, use this site and release them into the wild!!!! And then track em

http://www.bookcrossing.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Thanks for posting the booksite. I remember reading an article about this ages ok and couldn't remember the URL but now that I have it there's going to be some books out there in the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Excellent!

Havent left any out myself yet but I've registered!!!
    I'm half way there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hmm... This looks interesting, but I wish I knew where the short code was for my note :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by Kennett
    Hmm... This looks interesting, but I wish I knew where the short code was for my note :/

It's explained on the page where you fill in info on the notes - just scroll down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fons

I'm member since May 9th, 2002 AND I LIKE IT! :)
    I really like that there are a lot of new IRISH users, we need them.

So it would be great if you send the link (www.eurobilltracker.com) to some friends, or if you know about some other (big) forums, post it there.
    That way we'll get more Irish users!

Fons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ralf

Hello,

I am also member of the nice site follow your eurobills here
    If you have a newsletter or you know other good forums and tell all your friends about this site (http://www.eurobilltrackersite.tk) Than you have more chanse to have a hit in Irland.

Regards Ralf

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pretty cool site. Is it not dodgy giving a website serial numbers from money?

Originally posted by byte
    Pretty cool site. Is it not dodgy giving a website serial numbers from money?

No, definitely not.
    On that site can you follow how your money travles around the world.
    Once I had a note, which travelled 386 kilometres (241 miles) to me from a city in Germany (Braunschweig) to me in the Netherlands.

And a note I entered was in another Dutch city a few months later.

It's a very nice site, and after you registered yourself you can see a lot of statistics.
    The site is getting bigger and greater everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Fons
    No, definitely not.

Well if I was counterfitting money a database containing various serial numbers would certain help.

Reason? The serial numbers would have a checksum in them and also contain trap numbers (eg, never use number 14, 220, 541). A database like this would skip these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well as long as we still get to use the notes we enter then they can counterfit away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

if they only use the short form the info would be useless wouldnt it? (i aint actually checked on the site yet, just someone on here said they used the shortened form of the serial)

Will have a look on the site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

just registered, pretty cool, 5 notes entered - will be driving SO mad now to get at his notes (well thats my excuse now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Pretty cool site, my €5, well worn note was made in Ireland in 2002.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah deadly site alright.. Id heard of the american one alright..

Wonder if its an EU officially backed site or what?

as some of the points the guys made about counterfeit money i pretty valid

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

when they display the note serial numbers they actually block out most of the string with xxx's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Cool site alright...
    I read something about people writing the URL on notes... what's the story with that?
    I mean is it still legal tender, or can someone refuse to accept it based on a defacement?
    It's not exactly a wee squiggle like you sometimes see on notes.

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Cool site alright...
    I read something about people writing the URL on notes... what's the story with that?
    I mean is it still legal tender, or can someone refuse to accept it based on a defacement?
    It's not exactly a wee squiggle like you sometimes see on notes.

It's not illegal to write on the notes, but if it ends up at a bank, the note will be put out of circulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

i dont have any money!

Originally posted by Senor_Fudge
    i dont have any money!

Maybe tomorrow. :)
    Enter notes when you have some!! And it'll be alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

si tal vez

Originally posted by Senor_Fudge
    si tal vez

What does that mean? Is it Gaelic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

bah the short code wont work for any of my 20's, it looks like one of the letters is half hidden in the star or something...the 50 worked though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Originally posted by lifap
    Have you already tried this one? www.eurobilltracker.com?referer=12761 It's actually quite interesting. There should just be more Irish people.

I've seen a few posts on other message boards about this site, all the posters quoting addresses with different refering numbers at the end of the url... is there some kind of race to see who can bring the most visitors in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by L5
    bah the short code wont work for any of my 20's, it looks like one of the letters is half hidden in the star or something...the 50 worked though

That's weird :confused:, I should be easy to read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I was mistaking an "I" for a 1.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What an amazing waste of time!

Originally posted by L5
    I was mistaking an "I" for a 1.!

The shortcodes have one letter followed by three numbers and again one letter, and a number at the end

example:

K001A3

Originally posted by bazH
    What an amazing waste of time!

That's your opinion, I don't force you to join. Too bad you don't like it icon_sad.gif
    But it's very funny to know where your money travles maybe to France or something. Or maybe it comes from Portugal or something, it's all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

shure isn't big brother tracking euros what with the rfid chips in them and whatnot ...
    O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Ha!

The only reason i looked in here so as i could boast the 60 yoyos that i won on the horses today.

Cool site, in a nerdy way.
    But then who am i to call it nerdy.....

The fiddy quid i put in, was printed in germany for spain, apparently.

Originally posted by Panda
    Ha!
    The fiddy quid i put in, was printed in germany for spain, apparently.

That's possible,
    Some notes are printed in another country than the country where they're printed for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Seems like a fun idea. How long, though, on average does it take to get a "hit"? Unless a lot of people in Ireland use it regularly it could take years. Sure we don't get too many foreign Euros here, do we ;)

Originally posted by fwk
    Seems like a fun idea. How long, though, on average does it take to get a "hit"? Unless a lot of people in Ireland use it regularly it could take years. Sure we don't get too many foreign Euros here, do we ;)

Well, the time to your first hit is dfferent for everybody, some people have to wait more than an year some people get a hit in a month or even less.
    In Ireland are two pooling notes (pooling notes that are notes from a country that are broughed into circulation in another country)
    In Ireland are right now some Italian €20 and Spanish €50
    You can know were your notes come from, just take a look at the letter before the serialnumber (serial number is printed twice on the back of the note (one letter followed by eleven numbers)

Letter - Country

L - Finland
    M - Portugal
    N - Austria
    P - Netherlands
    (R) - Luxembourg *
    S - Italy
    T - Ireland
    U - France
    V - Spain
    X - Germany
    Y - Greece
    Z - Belgium

* Luxembourg didn't print notes, they 'got' notes from Germany, France, Netherlands and Belgium.
    It such a small country so they didn't print notes for themselves.

Originally posted by Genghis
    Pretty cool site, my €5, well worn note was made in Ireland in 2002.

On all the notes is standing 2002.
    But they can be printed in 2003 or 2004 of earlier.

Originally posted by dead air
    I've seen a few posts on other message boards about this site, all the posters quoting addresses with different refering numbers at the end of the url... is there some kind of race to see who can bring the most visitors in?

Yes, but the most imposrtant thing is entering notes ofcourse!
    www.eurobilltracker.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

hahaha, cheeky bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bhoeyb

Hello Ireland ... So I was thinking, let me visit that site who brings all those new Irish EBT users.

And yes, I am that weirdo at n° 1 on EuroBillTracker.com :cool:.
    Originally posted by fwk
    Yes, it's fun. Not only following your banknotes but certainly our international community on our forum. I've even visit some forum members in Finland.

Getting a hit can take a while but you know, every banknote you enter, can be a hit ... you never know. It's like a lottery but doesn't cost anything :D .
    BTW, I've spent about 50 banknotes in Ireland. The must be somewhere ... they started in Dublin, Galway and Aran Islands. Try to find them! ww) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by bhoeyb
    Hello Ireland ... So I was thinking, let me visit that site who brings all those new Irish EBT users.
    Out of interest, how many users have been refered from this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bhoeyb

Last days, there are about 50 new Irish users but I don't know if they are all referered by this topic.
    But where are those Irish turbo-users?

• Advertisement
Advertisement