Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notes in your wallet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

So all these numbers are stored on some database? What's the value of these numbers? If someone were to get hold of them, what could you do with them?

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Therefore I won't be putting any of my bills in yet. I've been watching back to back episodes of 24! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bhoeyb

Originally posted by CivilServant
    So all these numbers are stored on some database? What's the value of these numbers? If someone were to get hold of them, what could you do with them?
    Yes, all the data is stored in a database but don't panic, what can you do with data of 2.000.000 notes ... nothing ... even if you want to find out if you're rich or not, it won't work because many EuroBillTrackers don't enter their own money but also that of family, friends, ...
    BTW, if someone wants to rob me because I've entered many notes, they'll be disappointed. Most of that money isn't mine :( ... I'm not a millionair.

Don't be scared, it's fun :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Sorry for bumbing a really old thread, but I thought it would be good to get some more publicity at the moment! It's for a worthwhile cause! ;)

I apologise I am breaking some sort of Boards rules by doing this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you're all such whores with your referrer ID's concealed in the links.

I agree- that's quite cheeky. Here's a "clean" link which isn't going to put you on anyone's referee list:

http://www.eurobilltracker.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by Panda

The fiddy quid i put in, was printed in germany for spain, apparently.

My fifty quid was printed in Spain for Germany, which was very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cool, thanks for reminding me about this! I'm gonna write all the info on money I get in a notebook from now on and post it on the site regularly.

Great! Good to see some more Irish people on board. Ireland is not well represented when it comes to numbers of users compared to the other countries, but we are beating Italy, Spain, Greece and Luxembourg!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by Fons
    No, definitely not.
    On that site can you follow how your money travles around the world.
    Once I had a note, which travelled 386 kilometres (241 miles) to me from a city in Germany (Braunschweig) to me in the Netherlands.

And a note I entered was in another Dutch city a few months later.

It's a very nice site, and after you registered yourself you can see a lot of statistics.
    The site is getting bigger and greater everyday.

Curious, I have a note in my pocket that I got from a colleague from Braunchsweig yesterday. I'm in Holland.
    Do you think this is part of a major cross-border note-smuggling ring? :)

• Advertisement

I just registered my first non-Irish note! It's a 20 euro note released by the Banca d'Italia in Rome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

This is a koo, idea. Fun to see where your notes and coming from and going to.

I've just entered 4 notes on the system. When I click on "View Notes" I can see the four notes on the system, but when I view my profile is says "Number of notes entered = 0".

That's a bit strange. I now the page is chached and all, but I've been waiting ages! :-) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fons

WOW,

Two days ago the 3 millionth note was entered!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

I've just stuck in four notes. 3 from Germany (I'm in Germany now) and the other from Austria. I have a mate and my brother coming over to visit soon. Maybe I'll swap some notes with them and put them in!

vgar wrote:
    This is a koo, idea. Fun to see where your notes and coming from and going to.

I've just entered 4 notes on the system. When I click on "View Notes" I can see the four notes on the system, but when I view my profile is says "Number of notes entered = 0".

That's a bit strange. I now the page is chached and all, but I've been waiting ages! :-) lol

That's because you 'Account Details' are updated every ... time, but sometimes it takes a longer time.
    MOst of the times it's updated directly after entering notes.

btw: we almost have 3.500.000 notes right now, keep entering your notes at http://www.eurobilltracker.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Fons wrote:
    No, definitely not.
    On that site can you follow how your money travles around the world.
    Once I had a note, which travelled 386 kilometres (241 miles) to me from a city in Germany (Braunschweig) to me in the Netherlands.

And a note I entered was in another Dutch city a few months later.

It's a very nice site, and after you registered yourself you can see a lot of statistics.
    The site is getting bigger and greater everyday.

if you read this in a dutch accent its funny.. ;)

• Advertisement

kirn wrote:
    if you read this in a dutch accent its funny.. ;)

really?
    cool!!! :D:p

I'm finding it very slow to enter data tonight.

It's better now! Here are all the places I've entered notes so far!
    billmaplogpngforauser.php?user_id=23672;check=-1008950541

simu wrote:
    I'm finding it very slow to enter data tonight.

That's always around 12 o'clock in the evening. (11 PM in Ireland)
    Then there's some kind of calculation to update the 'About the site' and the 'Tables' and lots of more things I guess.
    It's always kinda slow that way.

simu wrote:
    It's better now! Here are all the places I've entered notes so far!

Cool, you've been in Monaco (am I right?)
    This is my map:
    billmaplogpngforauser.php?user_id=3873;check=-114654678

• Advertisement

Yes, Monaco, Nice and Glasgow.

Your map is really cool, you've entered notes from so many places!

I'll be adding Galway and Berlin to mine in the next week, if all goes well.

simu wrote:

I almost had notes from antoher non-eurozone,
    Me and my dad almost received Euro's in Switzerland at a Motel. (yes, I'm a kid (almost 16½ years old :D)
    My dad paid wit Euro's. The woman asked: 'Do you also want Euro's as change'.
    My dad said 'yes', But 5 seconds later he said: 'No, give me Francs, I'll probably need them tomorrow.
    We were on our way to Italy.

And I also know someone who went to Canada, he didn't change his Canadian Dollars at a Canadian Airport but here back in the Netherland.
    Otherwise I would have some more dots on my map :)

But I really like my dots in Norway (also non-euro-zone :))
    My mother has some frieds there, some of them went to the Netherlands last year.
    (without knowing about EBT (=Eurobilltracker), they got some Euro's at a local bank.
    So I could enter them into EBT on/in/with (?) that place, because they received them there. :)

And next year, I'm gonna have some dots in Spain.
    Because I'll be there in or near Barcelona because of an exchange project with school! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The booktracker site is a better idea I think. people are more likely to enter it.

simu wrote:

Hee hee - I have Monaco and Nice as well! What are the chances? I even managed to find an Irish note in Monaco...

Since I joined in March I have notes from Ireland, France, Monaco, Italy, UK and US. Will add some more Italian ones and some from Germany in the next month.

Pity the map doesn't look very impressive yet.

billmaplogpngforauser.php?user_id=23802;check=1937150604

Blisterman wrote:
    The booktracker site is a better idea I think. people are more likely to enter it.

You're talking about Book Crossing, right?

It is also a good idea, but just think of how many notes pass through your hands, compared to the amount of books you read.

I have always meant to start using Book Crossing, just never got around to it. Might give it a shot next time I read a book I want to "free".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Fons wrote:
    My mother has some frieds there, some of them went to the Netherlands last year.
    (without knowing about EBT (=Eurobilltracker)

Fúck off with the referrer links, you utter prostitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Osku-82

Stephen wrote:
    Fúck off with the referrer links, you utter prostitute.

Thank you! :p Actually I find the board very interesting. Someone said here before that it is a magnificent waste of time, and that's what it kind of like is. That's why it is so addicting. Anyone here who hasn't registered yet? Well, go to either

http://www.eurobilltracker.com or
    http://www.eurobilltracker.com/index.php?referer=27166 there's my freaking referer number which you all like very much. :rolleyes: :D

So no one interested in this here??

Anyone? :D
    OK, bye then. :eek:

http://www.eurobilltracker.com/index.php?referer=27166

My latest map!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lifap

Hmm.. I never believed that this thread would become so popular. It brought hundreds of new EBT-trackers from Ireland and actually that was my only purpose when I opened the thread.

Yes I also added a referrer link into my first post. And I didn't like that other EBTers came to this same discussion and added their links. But that's just life :)

Regards

Petteri "aplfi" from Finland

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Wonder if its an EU officially backed site or what?

Tox

No, the EU has nothing to do with this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I reckon it's part of a counterfeiting scam.
    You put in the numbers and on the other side it prints out the notes somewhere.
    then it sends back to you some thing like "It is a note from [Italy] printed at [Banca d'Italia (Italy - Roma)]"

PH01 wrote:
    I reckon it's part of a counterfeiting scam.
    You put in the numbers and on the other side it prints out the notes somewhere.
    then it sends back to you some thing like "It is a note from [Italy] printed at [Banca d'Italia (Italy - Roma)]"

That's because the first letter of the serialnumber is for the country.
    If it starts with the letter S, then the note is from Italy.
    The other letters are:

L - Finland
    M - Portugal
    N - Austria
    P - Netherlands
    T - Ireland
    U - France
    V - Spain
    X - Germany
    Y - Greece
    Z - Belgium

R - Luxembourg (but they didn't print any notes)

But it's possible you get lots of notes from other countries, those are called 'pooling notes'.
    For example: Finland doesn't have enough €20 notes, and if France has some of them at the bank, then France give those notes to Finland where they'll be brought into circulation.
    But the banks want to print one value each so in some decates it's possible you won't get every value from every country.

Every printer has his 'own letter'
    That's the first letter of the shortcode.

btw: sometimes it's also possible that a country wants some notes of a specific value. And then they can ask a bank in another country to print them. So it's also possible that you get notes from Netherlands, printed in Germany.

Most of the times it are only higher (50+) values, but since last year there are also 'two countries combinations' on low value notes (€5, €10 (from the beginning of the euro) €20). For example: Dutch €5 notes printed in Austria.

I had a hit yesterday!, not a huge distance but I still like it :)
    And a week ago there was a German user who entered the 4.000.000th note of the site!

Wow! Well done!

There's a huge competition in this site... between The Netherlands and Finland. But I don't see that many Irish people competing. Fjon and only a couple of others. 719 users so far from Ireland. C'mon, even Portugal has got more users. Get your asses over to this site and register! It doesn't cost anything... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah what to do when the novelty wears off? :rolleyes:
    I'm bored with it... tbh I don't care anymore where my notes end up or where they've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You do realise that no note appears to have been recorded more than a total of 3 times. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Victor wrote:
    You do realise that no note appears to have been recorded more than a total of 3 times. :rolleyes:
    Shocking... but what does this mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shocking... but what does this mean?
    It means I don't think it's a worthwhile pass time to spam the internet with.

Advertisement