Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sad fact quietly known?

• 12-03-2004 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

heres an interesting question, of all the people on this bord currently attending ITC and who are not 1st years who feels this year is THE most boring and badly organised year in living rememberance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Hear, Hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i do, but maybe its coz i have a moth in carlow and i have fooooooooook all airgead. or it cud b bout wat the other thread bout "ents guy" is about? r sumtin.

i admit, 'tis suckin ballz this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

only a bore complains about boredom

ther's no point sittin around blaming other people if you're not aroused by your lifestyle. tis up to us all to make our own lives and have fun, so what you waitin for, go crazy kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by loismustdie
    ther's no point sittin around blaming other people if you're not aroused by your lifestyle. tis up to us all to make our own lives and have fun, so what you waitin for, go crazy kids...

........That coming from someone who stays in bed nearly 24/7(just a joke).

The original poster is asking if it's the most badly organised year, which it was, but on the matter of it being a fun year i have to agree with lois-take a screenshot, we never agree on boards, life's only as good as you make it for yourself.

Be more careful with your SU votes for next year, that way you should enjoy the year more, or just continue to be pissed off because you voted wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

i do, but maybe its coz i have a moth in carlow and i have fooooooooook all airgead. or it cud b bout wat the other thread bout "ents guy" is about? r sumtin.

I’m sorry, can anyone translate this to English for me please, and I can’t understand a word of it.

Yes it's the "most badly" organised year, but what do you expect with a ban on happy hours, alcohol being slowly killed off, fags (finally) getting banned.
    What do you want? A ****ing bouncy castle?
    Your problem is that you don’t know what you want, and are pissed off cause you don’t get it.

And anyway you are in college to study *not* drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    And anyway you are in college to study *not* drink

LOL:D

/me falls of the chair laffing

Good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What do you want? A ****ing bouncy castle?

There was one during rag week last year. Wasn't down for the whole week this year, tho, so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Im in thrid year now I think that as the years go on the more seriously you have to take your course which leads to more study and less drink...(If there is people who know me on this board they know that is a blantant lie but at least I do try!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by The_B_Man

= I do think this years entertainment was pretty poor this year!!but it may be due to the fact that my girlfriend is hear noe(Who keeps all my money and decides when i go to the toilet) or it could be down to the poor entertainments officer we elected!or something!

I admit that this is a bad and dull year!

For does of you that can not pick up on words in text message form or poor grammer or spelling and feel you need to point this out every singel time you see this, then i must alert you that you are old!!!! i feel sorry for those of you that feel you need to gripe about other's posts because you have not yet reached the evolutionary standard the rest of the human race has!! And most of you that do comlain about this also boast a higher intellect than other's, prove it and shut the **** up!

When i first came to college i was convinced by movie's of american college that sex drugs and rock'n'roll was all in front of me only to discoover that you actually have to study to pass the year!!
    Definatly Richie (and/or his crew) was the best i ve seen at the entertainment, but there must be something seriously wrong in SU (Students Union) land, i do not belive they would have let the whole year go by including rag week, without a smeer of a comdian( a good one) or even a hypnotiste just cause there bad at there jobs!! Any way i belive this subject has been talked about in other threads before but thats all this forum seems to do, talk about the same subjects again and again until that once a month thing come's along that sparks off a new conversation to be added to the loop for a short period!! I think thats the defintion of something, now what could it be, oh i know the act of repeating the same thing over and over again is
    |
    |
    |
    v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

it died once i left i feer ... o and moonbeem and tomtom.... and flamegrill .

yes we made the year so good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That year rocked:)
    I think it was mainly the people though rather then the college as we didn't see the inside of the college very often.
    It was my best year of college by far:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

yeah mine too.
    good old 102 greenroad!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

102 is not just a house its a legendary place.
    That was without a doubt the best college year ever, the partys, the fights, the scheming robbing bastards. The days of endless fifa with cases of beer. the dutch gold wall in the sitting rom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Never got to see 102 but it sounds deadly.
    36 was also brilliant. Long stoned days among the rats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

don't forget about the bbq's, with lots of beer and the couch and tv in the back garden. and the war games. Elexes you traitor!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

That entertainments guy was going around to all classes today. We didnt get to see him cause we all legged it before he came back to talk after class. He's goin for Vice president this year. Im gonna throw my vote away before i vote for him. No way am i voting for the guy who promised this and that and the other entertainment stuff last year and delivered none of it when he gets the position.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

pullin all nighters 2 and 3 days in a row for the crack,
    Going back and being greeted by paddy wagons(which Tom missed:P)
    Magic roundabout,
    overflowin drains,
    singin irish songs in those bandstand thingies,
    deciding to move the unmoveable and giving up after 5 drunken minutes,

Somone go build a time machine

Think ye shold give her your vote, she been an excellent class rep, running for Vice Pres!!
    cat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Boards has been turned into an advertising place....
    Great.....

This post has been brought to you by; 3com, cisco, eircom, and microsoft.

A hold on i'm just saying i m voting for!!! Who are you voting for Sinnocence???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Manticore
    A hold on i'm just saying i m voting for!!! Who are you voting for Sinnocence???

Start your own thread if you want to talk about Carlow IT politics.

Where did you get that picture?

I'm interested in why you would go to the effort of finding that picture and putting it up if your just saying who your voting for... when you could just say : I'm voting for X, Y, Z.

I smell a scandal :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

I’m sorry, can anyone translate this to English for me please, and I can’t understand a word of it.

why don't you put hime on your ignore list? :)

nice1 dogboy, but id on't complain about bein bored :)

ivan why are you suspicious? the thread's about entertainment and manticore just put up a pic of a friend of his who's running for su next year. the topic had progressed to being careful who to vote for. it's not a scam or advertising campaign, did he break rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

She is going for the position of entertainments officer, but I dont think any self respecting male will be voting for her after saying she wants to bring girl power to the SU. And I don't think any self respecting student will be voting for this year's ents guy because he didn't seem to follow up on any of his promises. Boards people, join me in voting for Atari Jaguar as Ent's officer, even though they will be wasted votes, at lest they wont be votes wasted on candidates who probably wont do that good a job entertaining us, help make the word a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Next you will be telling me there will be bribery involved amongst the board members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well having seen her email, I think I'll be voting for her.

She sounds like she could be very good judging from the little information I can gleam from it. Hell, its as good as any reason.

She cant be much worse than that other clown.

Originally posted by Ivan
    Start your own thread if you want to talk about Carlow IT politics.

Where did you get that picture?

I'm interested in why you would go to the effort of finding that picture and putting it up if your just saying who your voting for... when you could just say : I'm voting for X, Y, Z.

I smell a scandal :ninja:

I dunno anymore!!!
    This thread is about the ents officer!!!yes or no???
    The time has come for a new one to be voted in!!yes or no????
    I'm telling other poster's who are also members of carlow it who i am voting in the hopes it may sway them to vote for her and she might actually do a good job!!!!

The picture was in a email she sent the class!

It wasnt much effort finding it!

And i dont think X Y Z are running this year but i ll call sesame street and ask!!

I apologise sometimes i forget that ivan is also a poster not just a mod and he may have just been sarcastic!!!Or maybe i'm wrong to be posting on a topic in a thread on the topic on the board where the topic is most effective!!What evil scheme will i come up with next!!!:rolleyes:

Manticore inc. does not except responsibility for any and all problems this post has caused you and hope's you have be well day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Vote Tux for President!

485276.76025.gif

hehe I really can't resist:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Was talkin to Ca the other day. She regrets putting that girl power (excuse for a) slogan on her fliers! She does seem like she wants to achieve something unlike that other waster. I'll be voting for her despite that unfortunate use of an exhausted and ineffective phrase.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

another candidate i would recommend is Mary harty(sowwy) for Equaility <---(WS) officer!
    Seems to really wanna be a help!!!

Advertisement