Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am now permanantly banned from the soccer forum for this incident.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

i think that that was a very poor decision on the part of the mod, the punishment should fit the crime, perhaps a temp ban from using PM's would be more appropriate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Raphael
    i think that that was a very poor decision on the part of the mod

What do your mates Donatello and Leonardo think ?

Maybe yourself and Michelangelo should consult Splinter ?

Cowabunga dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

perhaps a temp ban from using PM's would be more appropriate?

don't you love the genius ideas that sounds so easy when people type them but would mean a hell of a lot of work for the admins? cus i do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

i think that that was a very poor decision on the part of the mod, the punishment should fit the crime, perhaps a temp ban from using PM's would be more appropriate?

Your totally missing the point. unless you show genuine remorse any time soon, not only will you stay banned but people in general will peg you for a muppet for a while to come.
    Dissing the mods will do you no favors either.
    Cop on, admit you were at fault and make up for acting the twat. That's how life works, so that's how boards works.
    Before you reply and dig yourself in deeper, think about what I've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

ok so jank abuses Michelangelo and then Michelangelo abuses jank

Michelangelo gets banned...
    So how come Jank doesnt get banned? just becos he didnt send it in a pm?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by Tiesto
    ok so jank abuses Michelangelo and then Michelangelo abuses jank

Michelangelo gets banned...
    So how come Jank doesnt get banned? just becos he didnt send it in a pm?!

so where did i abuse him tiesto and how

if I did the mods would have banned me aswell, but since i didnt abuse him im not...see there is a pattern here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by patch
    Your totally missing the point. unless you show genuine remorse any time soon, not only will you stay banned but people in general will peg you for a muppet for a while to come.
    Dissing the mods will do you no favors either.
    Cop on, admit you were at fault and make up for acting the twat. That's how life works, so that's how boards works.
    Before you reply and dig yourself in deeper, think about what I've said.

No, Michelangelo has explained his case more than enough.
    The mod in question and Jank are the ones at fault imo.
    If someone abuses you in the pub , you do not go up to the barman and say "Excuse me , that bloke holdin the vodka martini just abused me"
    And the barman does not bar people for such offences OR ask them to say "sorry".
    If the guy starts screamin abuse in public' ie. not a pm. then its a matter for the mods.

I dont know why Im even usein the word abuse.
    Id call it a prank.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This is not a pub and if the soccer mods say that playground rules don't apply then that's that.

Originally posted by ecksor
    This is not a pub and if the soccer mods say that playground rules don't apply then that's that.

When a child goes to tell a teacher and the teacher takes action, then playground rules are obviously in effect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Typo on my part.

I don't mean to put words into their mouths btw, but by all accounts the children in a playground metaphor seems to apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

It's funny how I find myself
    In love with you
    If I could buy my reasoning
    I'd pay to lose
    One half won't do

I've wondered
    I've asked myself
    How much do you
    Commit yourself?

It's my life
    Don't you forget
    It's my life
    It never ends (It never ends...)

Funny how I blind myself
    I never knew
    If I was sometimes played upon
    Afraid to lose

Oh, I'd tell myself
    What good do you do
    Convince myself

Oh, It's my life
    Don't you forget
    Oh, It's my life
    It never ends (It never ends...)

And I've asked myself
    How much do you
    Commit yourself?

It's my life
    Don't you forget
    Caught in the crowd
    It never ends (its my life)

It's my life
    Don't you forget
    Caught in the crowd
    It never ends (It never ends)

Oh, It's my life... (oh its my life)
    Don't you forget... (don't you forget)
    Caught in the crowd... (caught in the crowd)
    It never ends (it never ends...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Personally I think it is ridiculous that he has been banned.. I too have been banned on one occassion from the Soccer forum for abusing Jank. The man/boy is incredibly childish and arrogant. His comments and opinions alone are responsible for the abuse he recieves. Supporters of the same club as Jank (Arsenal) agree with my sentiments and like me, feel he is the reason they have stopped participating in the Soccer forum.

I think the boards users that have been on the end of Janks comments should compile a single file of these comments and highlight them to the Admins. I personally don't believe in such messures but Jank has sunk to this level already and should be treated in the same way as he behaves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He shouldn't be banned from soccer, seems as it was a PM, and it has nothing to do with the actual forum itself..

....ah you know what I give up, I'm sick of talking to walls here, soon, nobody will be able to post anywhere due to people complaining of the stupidest things..................................................

...cya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Michelangelo
    Now I am premanantly banned from soccer.
    Be thankful you haven't been banned completely. Like Paddy20 said, PM's are not private - you're using boards.ie as a vessel for your abuse, which would land the admins in the shit if Jank wanted to sue you.

If Jank was consistantly having a go at you, you should have complained to the mods/admins about him, instead of telling him he had a mental disability and should commit suicide....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Talk about an over the top reaction! I confess I have been on the verge of giving jank a good rollicking on quite a number of occasions yet despite following the last posters advice and complaining to the mod nout was done.

It seems that every once in a while jank decides to step out from behind the mod in question and fire off a salvo or two and then jump back. I have personally avoided the soccer forum of late due to his intolerable post style.

Michelangelo I say fair play to ya son ! Say it like it is and give the assO a taste of his own medecine.

I have lost count of how many last chances jank has had on the soccer forum from a certain mod yet got banned almost immediately on another forum about a certain picture.

Tinky:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

DMT SAID:
    If Jank was consistantly having a go at you, you should have complained to the mods/admins about him, instead of telling him he had a mental disability and should commit suicide....

What are you talking about?

Stop making it sound so malicious. It was a pm telling him to lay off. Do you honestly think I meant it telling him to jump off a cliff? Surely a bit OTT don't you think? I wish you would stop making it sound so malicious.

Also, Dmt, I did report it to a mod and nothing was done about it. I also reported one of his posts previously and nothing was done. Again, I do not know for sure which post/or which thread I have reported but I know I did and yet nothing has been done.

Can an Admin please make up a decision on whether or not I can return? I have said all I need to say. And it is obviously getting me nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

And yet we see no remorse, anyone who reads the soccer boards, will have noticed that both Michelangelo and Jank are a pair of ****, albeit in a forum with a large amount of ****.

Also the modding of the soccer forum is very leniant to say the least(is it even being modded?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

And yet we see no remorse,

Remorse for what FFS ?

Jank is a wa**ker - simple as that, the truth was told, why should he feel remorse ??

The fairest thing to do in this case would be to ban the 2 of them for a week or two, but that'll never happen, it's difficult to find jank when he hides !!

Tinky

What are you talking about?
    Stop making it sound so malicious.
    A barrister would not agree with you. I refer you to the cases of Newstead v London Express Newspapers Ltd (1939) , Tolley v J.S. fry & Sons Ltd (1931) & Green v Blake (1948).

The facts are you implied Jank had a mental disability and you requested that he commit suicide.
    Like I inferred before, by making an abusive PM, the owner's of boards.ie are in essence publishing your abusive comments. Ergo, you are getting them in trouble and they would be justified in banning you permanently.

• Advertisement

Tinky Get your ugly little self and jump off a cliff if your going to keep provoking me to flame you. Thank god for mozilla firefox to block your ugly little self and your cock loving signature off my screen because if i have to look at what you say followed by your retarded looking face, I will kill myself.

Thank you and **** off.

Is this the norm now?? acceptable is it?

Originally posted by bazH
    And yet we see no remorse, anyone who reads the soccer boards, will have noticed that both Michelangelo and Jank are a pair of ****, albeit in a forum with a large amount of ****.

Also the modding of the soccer forum is very leniant to say the least(is it even being modded?)

Why are you calling me a wanker?

ffs , Id give up now,
    Originally posted by DMT
    A barrister would not agree with you. I refer you to the cases of Newstead v London Express Newspapers Ltd (1939) , Tolley v J.S. fry & Sons Ltd (1931) & Green v Blake (1948).

Look at this ****:rolleyes:

Put yourself in boards.ie`s boots, say Jank takes all this to heart and tops himself or something :(

You just cant abuse someone like this regardless if they are a twat are not, what if we all done that. Like i said Michelangelo is acting like a typical n00b, who doesnt understand the whole community thing, and feckin still doesnt. Why i bet he`s calling us all nerds at the moment :)

Because thats the image you portray.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145575

I strongly disagree

Put yourself in boards.ie`s boots, say Jank takes all this to heart and tops himself or something :(

You just cant abuse someone like this regardless if they are a twat are not, what if we all done that. Like i said Michelangelo is acting like a typical n00b, who doesnt understand the whole community thing, and feckin still doesnt. Why i bet he`s calling us all nerds at the moment :)

Ok, say if I took it all to heart. Jank portrayed to me that everyone thinks I am a ....(those dots can mean anything).

I could think everyone thinks I am a .... and that the whole of boards.ie think I am a ..... too. So I get really upset and top myself.

That is your logic used in this instance. See how pathetic and stupid it is?

You do not pick up the ball if you do not want to play. You do not say things to someone and not expect anything to be said back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

you are a wanker :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: if i had he power id ban you from boards for life

I strongly disagree
    of course you do, its your denial that you`ve done anything wrong which enhances this image.

There are at least five instances of you being a total agro muppet on that link i gave.

• Advertisement

You do not pick up the ball if you do not want to play.
    Sports analogies make baby Jesus cry....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement