Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am now permanantly banned from the soccer forum for this incident.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Originally posted by bazH
    Tinky Get your ugly little self and jump off a cliff if your going to keep provoking me to flame you. Thank god for mozilla firefox to block your ugly little self and your cock loving signature off my screen because if i have to look at what you say followed by your retarded looking face, I will kill myself.

Thank you and **** off.

Is this the norm now?? acceptable is it?

To be honest if you had sent that to me I would think I had done something to deserve it and perhaps think about changing my approach, unless of course I knew a kindly mod I could hide behind of course.

Question: If one did feel the need to vent a spleen at jank, would doing so via "send jank an email" warrant a banning similar to sending a pm ? Is Boards.ie responsible for emails to users as well ?

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Tbh we all know that this could be settled very quickly but Michelangelo is in some sorta denial, Is he/she showing any attempt to resolve the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

bazH,

For Michelangelo considering he is new to Boards.ie . To have had the gumption to start this thread imo shows he has attempted to "resolve the situation", and he is receiving a substantial amount of support.

Personally, I do not follow soccer apart from the world cup. Therefore I am not a visitor of the soccer forum.

However, having read the posts on this thread. It appears too me to be a bit of a storm in a teacup, with a number of offended parties, who should imho 'kiss and make up' if thats possible amongst dedicated football fans ?...

Overall it is a sad situation which is not helping anyone. Particularly, the Soccer forum itself. What a pity that the more experienced soccer forum users were not a little more tolerant towards new users. Boards.ie is a great website which I admire, and for disputes to arise on a Soccer forum is of no surprise too me.

I repeat, maybe the more experienced Boards.ie members could in this instance give a lead and give a newbie a break :confused:

P. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Personally, I do not follow soccer apart from the world cup. Therefore I am not a visitor of the soccer forum.

<snip>

Overall it is a sad situation which is not helping anyone. Particularly, the Soccer forum itself. What a pity that the more experienced soccer forum users were not a little more tolerant towards new users. Boards.ie is a great website which I admire, and for disputes to arise on a Soccer forum is of no surprise too me.

I repeat, maybe the more experienced Boards.ie members could in this instance give a lead and give a newbie a break :confused:

Perhaps if you visited the soccer froum you would see that most of the experienced soccer users get drowned out by threadspoiling from alot of the posters on this trhead as most topics are hijacked into an Arsenal Vs. Utd flame war.

M was starting to go down that road imho and as much as he wants to blame jank (who is no angel by any stretch of the imagination), ultimately he is responsible for his own actions. Like it was said before, the rule "no abusingother posters" is in just about every forum charter, its in the rules and regulations of boards.ie as a site I believe, I have no doubt that you knew abuse in any forum is frowned heavily upon.
    Although reading some of the posts here, it seems many forget this.

Paddy20, im not sure what rose tinted theme you have for boards.ie, but its very plain to see that Michelangelo

1) Hasnt acknowledged that what he does was wrong

2) Cannot show a precise passage from Jank where his PM was merrited

boards.ie is indeed a great website which i also admire, but rules are there for a reason, to cover there asses and not 404 the url :(
    To have had the gumption to start this thread imo shows he has attempted to "resolve the situation", and he is receiving a substantial amount of support.
    Theres not one part of that true, there is no attempt whatsoever to resolve this, and i fail to see the substantial support.

He can still read the soccer forum, just not post in it. Look back through his posts, and its no great loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

Originally posted by syke
    M was starting to go down that road imho and as much as he wants to blame jank (who is no angel by any stretch of the imagination), ultimately he is responsible for his own actions.

No I most certainly was not going down that road. I am a very honest football fan. I admit when things are not as they should be. And I am the first to admit it when my team is a mess.

I admit I am responsible for my own actions which is why I brought this to the public forum to get a solution and if not, to accept the ban. All I am looking for is for an admin, to tell me if this is for good or not? I am not blaming Jank. Jank talks crap. Thats not disputed. I am just wondering why this is so " blown out of proportion ". It is just so unappropriate.

Originally posted by bazH
    Paddy20, im not sure what rose tinted theme you have for boards.ie, but its very plain to see that Michelangelo

1) Hasnt acknowledged that what he does was wrong

2) Cannot show a precise passage from Jank where his PM was merrited

boards.ie is indeed a great website which i also admire, but rules are there for a reason, to cover there asses and not 404 the url :(

Theres not one part of that true, there is no attempt whatsoever to resolve this, and i fail to see the substantial support.

He can still read the soccer forum, just not post in it. Look back through his posts, and its no great loss

You really have it in for me.

AND I already showed you if you were paying attention where Jank had encouraged me to flame him. If you do not even know what the hell is going on, perhaps you should refrain from posting in this thread. I acknowledge what I did was wrong, but now I want the mods to realise that banning me for life from the soccer forum is also wrong and totally OTT. I could have just emailed Jank. And what is the difference between what he said to me and what I said to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Michelangelo
    No I most certainly was not going down that road. I am a very honest football fan. I admit when things are not as they should be. And I am the first to admit it when my team is a mess.

I admit I am responsible for my own actions which is why I brought this to the public forum to get a solution and if not, to accept the ban. All I am looking for is for an admin, to tell me if this is for good or not? I am not blaming Jank. Jank talks crap. Thats not disputed. I am just wondering why this is so " blown out of proportion ". It is just so unappropriate.

Well I don't post anywhere near as much in soccer as I used to, for the reasons I've outlined above but I'm sorry to say I'm pretty sure I've seen you flaming in soccer before, possibly in some of the CL related threads. I certainly wasn't a bit surprised to see your ban announced by the soccer mods.

The admins generally don't interfere with mod decisions unless one of the very rare occasions where they deem it a gross injustice. I won't presume to second guess them as they hold their own councel, but personally I don't think this is one of those times.

Originally posted by syke
    Well I don't post anywhere near as much in soccer as I used to, for the reasons I've outlined above but I'm sorry to say I'm pretty sure I've seen you flaming in soccer before, possibly in some of the CL related threads. I certainly wasn't a bit surprised to see your ban announced by the soccer mods.

The admins generally don't interfere with mod decisions unless one of the very rare occasions where they deem it a gross injustice. I won't presume to second guess them as they hold their own councel, but personally I don't think this is one of those times.

Please point this out to me.

AND I already showed you if you were paying attention where Jank had encouraged me to flame him. If you do not even know what the hell is going on, perhaps you should refrain from posting in this thread.
    sigh, this is what you linked to
    Originally posted by Jank and you wonder why people call you a .......well lets not go down that road
    To which you sent a PM with a barrage of insults.
    I acknowledge what I did was wrong
    About bloody time, are you changing your original stance now?
    So instead of replying to him in that thread, I took it to pm as it seemed sensible

I mean, I don't feel guilty for sending him that pm. I feel bad about the consequences because I am permanantly banned from soccer.
    I could have just emailed Jank. And what is the difference between what he said to me and what I said to him?
    How could you have emailed him, do you have his email address(think about it.......<penny drops> )
    Was there something else he said to you, quote it, and paste it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

IF somebody were to send me a viscious and offensive PM i would report it. Noone has to take that kind of sh1t.
    And as for Michaelangelo, you know you have a reputation for being overtly controversial. This doesn't happen to everybody. Just the ones who are silly about what they say and get too passionate and resort to profanities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Michelangelo,

Goodness this thread is really becoming a farce. Here is my final suggestion to you.

Why not PM the Soccer forum Moderator involved and acknowledge that you now realise what you did was wrong, and ask if the 'ban' is temporary or permanent ?.. depending on the reply you could ask that the Soccer forum moderators reconsider their decision if needed.

You see I am trying to decide the best course of action for you, but as I have not seen your PM too 'Jank' that people claim was " viscious and offensive ". Nor have I seen who banned you, how it was phrased etc, I do not have the full picture which is not a help. I do not know if I can or even how I could see that evidence.

Finally, why not give what I suggest a try. You have little too lose and it would seem a lot to gain. If you do try it, then why not post the Soccer Moderators response here, so that we can all judge whether or not you are suffering an unjust decision.

I personally will not be making any further comment on this thread.

Good luck :confused: .

P. :ninja:

Paddy20, here is what he sent to Jank,
    Get your ugly little self and jump off a cliff if your going to keep provoking me to flame you. Thank god for mozilla firefox to block your ugly little self and your cock loving signature off my screen because if i have to look at what you say followed by your retarded looking face, I will kill myself.

Thank you and **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Right I have read most of this thread (:rolleyes:). The Soccer forum is being dragged down by a few users who are using it as their personal little flamewar battlesite. This is going to stop abruptly.

Michelangelo I was not involved in banning you as I was away but you were already on my radar as a problem poster based on what you had already posted. Jank you are on a final warning as far as I am concerned and if I have to take action where you are involved again it will be a permanent banning from Soccer for you.

The thing that really galls me is that I am receiving complaints from long time users of the Soccer forums about the level of child like crap being posted there and eventhou we (the mods) have done our best to treat you all like adults som of you insist in behaving like children. Therefore we are going to get extremely proactive and start to weed out the chaff from the board.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Warning noted and taken gandalf, and you can take my word that ill try my best to avoid misbehaving in future

One of the things that annoyed me about this thread is that people have used it to just to take a personal shot at me and blaming me for all thats wrong with the soccer forum and also blaming me for all or most the childlike behaviour on it.

However i will admit that i can be on the wrong at times and that sometimes im a bit too blunt and way too stubborn but as i said its a bit over the top to say that im the reason many users have stopped posting on the soccer board.

Also its unfair to say that i have the mods in my back pocket. It is unfair on my behave and also on behave of the mods
    They treat everyone fairly and lets be honest here it is probably one of the hardest board to mod fairly on boards.ie and they do a damm fine job imo.

Im actually really sorry that i ever even forwarded on that pm to the mod in question. If i knew that it would lead the soccer forum being dragged through the dirt then i wouldnt have thought twice of just deleting the pm in question

lets just hope the positives outcomes of this will lead to a more user friendly and flame/troll free soccer board.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by jank
    Warning noted and taken gandalf, and you can take my word that ill try my best to avoid misbehaving in future...........Im actually really sorry that i ever even forwarded on that pm to the mod in question. lets just hope the positives outcomes of this will lead to a more user friendly and flame/troll free soccer board.

I admire the honour showed in your last post Jank.
    But I personally commend you for forwarding the PM. The guy lacks any tact and the PM was as bad as an abusive e-mail. He is known for being very abrasive and I for one agree with what you did.
    Glad everyone has learned their lesson all the same.

Ok so I am banned for good then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Lads, lads ,lads... :rolleyes:

The moderator that banned him (michelangelo) from soccer did not make a wise decision. What i mean is that the insult / flames / whatever took place over pm - but started on the soccer forum. If i was mod of the soccer forum i'd have banned both jank and michelangelo permanently, or at least until they had an adequate amount of time to mature as respectable boards.ie posters. Banning one of them is not a good idea, as Jank will feel as if it is acceptable to taunt people into pm'ing him, and thus gets them banned. Both users should be banned from the soccer forum and michelangelo's pm'ing capabilities should be disabled for a few months.
    <insert comment about this post being my humble opinion and if i have offended anyone, then go shove your head somewhere dark, for a long long time>

This is totally unfair. Why won't an admin tell me if I will ever get back in to the soccer forum or not. As much as you do not like to admit it, Jank is a troublemaker. Most people who posted here know that and the people who have contacted me(who will remain nameless) also know he is a troublemaker. I did not start this. Jank did. I just finished it. He took it to the mods(which I knew would happen at the time) but I stopped a potentially good thread from being removed and took it to pm. I reported his posts twice before. Nothing was done.

If he can not accept that he is a total and utter troublesome poster who instigates most flame wars, then he does need help. He has dragged me in before in my Real Madrid thread. Well, Gangsta, Baz H and Jank have. Calling me a typical noob for lauging at someone(Gangsta) who said that "Man Utd are utter pants, at the end of their era and will never win anything" or something to that effect. Totally wild and uncontrollable comments that were purposely said to irritate me. Then Jank strolls in, calling me a troll. HE IS THE BIGGEST TROLL ON THAT ENTIRE FORUM!

Now I am banned from soccer for life thanks to the wonderful, biased Arsenal fan Thanx For The Fish who I also have a problem with. This is not fair. And I feel like a kid being put in a creche. And do not tell me "well you act like a kid, you get treated like on". I am not. I have not and I will not act like a kid. Why is everyone so blind to this incident? I am not at fault.

*Waits for Baz H to tell me how I am destroying the online community and how I should be shot, tortured and hung for my horrible horrible pm sent to Jank, the biggest asshole in the entire soccer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Whether or not you'll get back into the Soccer forum is up to the Soccer moderators.

Mods,

Please can I get back in to the soccer forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I did not start this. Jank did. I just finished it. He took it to the mods(which I knew would happen at the time)
    Poor baby. Get some brains and realise that you can't send abusive pms/emails to another user and expect to get away with it. If you have a specific problem with jank regarding something he said to you in a thread then get in touch with the Mods.
    *Waits for Baz H to tell me how I am destroying the online community and how I should be shot, tortured and hung for my horrible horrible pm sent to Jank, the biggest asshole in the entire soccer forum.
    Do you think your wailing about the unfairness of the world here is going to make the Soccer Mods welcome you back?
    You got banned for an abusive pm to another poster, you want to be unbanned but yet you insult him again right here? I can't believe you're not either a troll or just not very intelligent.

There's a new post in Soccer about childish comments and baiting and how it will be clamped down on. I only hope that the soccer mods (who do a great job) will rule ironfisted against posters like jank and Michelangelo, and that the Soccer board will become and interesting place to read again.

Couple of things here. You did report 2 of his posts but what you saw as insulting was actually not in those cases, there was no personal insults from what I read there therefore nothing happened.

Jank has caused issues in the past and is on a final warning any more crap from him and he is gone from soccer for good and maybe even boards (not sure if Dev gave him the nuclear warning or not). Thanx is not actually an Arsenal fan so I think that nabs your favouritism jibe firmly (I am but I have banned Jank from the Soccer forum in the past).

Now finally you want an answer as to whether you will be allowed back into the soccer forums? At the moment considering the way your going about it, then I would say a definate no. I suggest you chill out for a few days and send a PM to Thanx to see if you can resolve this.

Gandalf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

anks to the wonderful, biased Arsenal fan Thanx For The Fish who I also have a problem with.
    actually he supports liverpool (i think or it could be spurs i get confused!)

You are doing yourself no favours by calling me an asshole every chance you get.

Im not going to post about this issue again as ive said my piece already about this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

How has this thread gone on for five pages?

If he can not accept that he is a total and utter troublesome poster who instigates most flame wars, then he does need help. He has dragged me in before in my Real Madrid thread. Well, Gangsta, Baz H and Jank have. Calling me a typical noob for lauging at someone(Gangsta) who said that "Man Utd are utter pants, at the end of their era and will never win anything" or something to that effect. Totally wild and uncontrollable comments that were purposely said to irritate me. Then Jank strolls in, calling me a troll. HE IS THE BIGGEST TROLL ON THAT ENTIRE FORUM!

Now I am banned from soccer for life thanks to the wonderful, biased Arsenal fan Thanx For The Fish who I also have a problem with. This is not fair. And I feel like a kid being put in a creche. And do not tell me "well you act like a kid, you get treated like on". I am not. I have not and I will not act like a kid. Why is everyone so blind to this incident? I am not at fault.

I usually pay no attention to the little lovers tiffs that go on in the soccer forum, but this one really takes the biscuit. IMO, based on the Jank/Michelangelo exchange, both of them should have got temporary bans and nothing more.

That aside, Michelangelo has been nothing more than an immature little child about the whole thing. And I know he doesn't want us to call him childish, cos its not his fault you know, he didn't start it...:rolleyes: Tell you what Michelangelo, why don't you take your ball and go home?

Have some respect for the mods of the soccer board who have an horrendous time trying to clean up the sh*t that goes on there daya and night. Apologise for abusing the facilities provided to you by the creators of boards.ie. Then ask nicely can you get back into the soccer forum. Be a man about it.

Originally posted by lafortezza
    There's a new post in Soccer about childish comments and baiting and how it will be clamped down on. I only hope that the soccer mods (who do a great job) will rule ironfisted against posters like jank and Michelangelo, and that the Soccer board will become and interesting place to read again.

Yep operation "Ironfist" is now in operation. Any more crap from anyone and it will be dealt with.

I have had enought of giving these children leeway to drag that forum down to their level.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Tried to find my old 'Petition to ban all Manchester United supporters from Soccer' thread to bump, no luck unfortunately.

Actually why not make me a mod of Soccer, too many Arsenal supporters already :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think that settles that.

Don't abuse the private message facility again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement