Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldstyle Lan?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

jump in with the gaelcon boys and have it in october. it worked pretty well in the burlington. im not sure if the space is there in clontarf but maybe somewhere close.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Gaelcon doesnt have the space. hence the stopping of DubLAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

oh, and they dont like computer gaming nurds coming to gaming events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

The Tin-foil axe wielding nerds. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Our abrasive individuality just doesn't go down well with the gaelcon people. I think most "computer nurds" just didn't give a toss what the roleplayers did, but to them we were invading their event.

If it means anything, good location means a whole lot in making the lan fun - I think this was one reason why qp seemed more fun than dublan. But a lan at all is much more desirable than none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Or, perhaps they didn't like the way we made them seem extremely sad, and all we did was sit there and play computer games. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Any new developments? Still going ahead ya? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well lads,

If you have it after the 5th of October I will be there with bells on.

If not, have a good LAN and sorry I couldnt come.

Andy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

****.. better have it before 5th october then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Love you too baby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Just pushing this back to the top.

Any develpments on this ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

Yeah any more word on this .......... ???

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

E-Hub: 54 (13.89 posts per day)

Thats mostly noise afaics.

What I'm suggesting is a complimentary board as well as the
    public board here.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The hall seems to have a few issues with us using it on Sunday which means that we'd have to be out on Sunday morning about 9am (yes thats not a typo).

We're still looking into it but it looks like we are back to square 1.

Good to see there is still support for the idea.

Btw, the Gaelcon people didnt have any issue with us its just that they moved to Clontarf Castle and there just isnt room for us. Basically computer lans are a not cost effective use of space so when push came to shove we were the event that had to be cut. No bad feelings on either side I hasten to add.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Still showing interest...

Its hasnt gone away, far from it. We're looking at other venues and we might have found one. I'll keep you posted with news as and when it is confirmed news.

hang in there, we're not giving up on this yet...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Sounds like loads of fun, definately in.

Just wondering, um, I could lug my system unit up to dublin or wherever no problem - damned if I could take the monitor and anything else!

Any chance of perhaps renting the 50-odd monitors, keyboards and mice for it? How much would that cost? (although I assume most people are used to their own input devices... so scratch that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

*Boink*

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

surely Fort Fragg in Limerick would meet those requirement ... we've the venue booked for 3 days ... even booked a bar for afterwards. :-)

ok shameless plug

• Advertisement
Advertisement