Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the glass bead game

Options
  • 12-03-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

anyone read it?
    ive read 4 other heses books, this is by far the biggest, but he has me sucked in again!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No but I saw it in a bookstore and it sounds cool.

However, because I spent 7 years learning German I'm determined to read German language authors in the original and it's hard to get German books in Ireland. I did get Der Steppenwolf by him recently though and intend to start it soon. Have you read that? (I think it's called Steppenwolf in English?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i've read steppenwolf (in english!) and it's fantastic, i've also forced (!) several freinds to read it and they love it too. as soon as i had finished i had to reread it....

also read demian and peter caminzind, both good and interesting but nowhere near steppenwolf

have glass bead game on the shelf waiting to read it ;)

Advertisement