Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuakeLords Season 2 - Clans?

Options
  • 27-08-2001 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

QuakeLords ended yesterday with TSW coming top. Well done on the league Eric, nice job.

Just wondering about teams for the next season which should be starting in 2 to 3 weeks time.

The Irish Clans that registered for this season were nD, INC, CW, GT, CD and ZT.

CD and ZT obviously showed they hadn't the interest to show up, and afaik they are being excluded from next season unless somethin rapidly changes. Just wondering, are there any other Irish lads that could put together a clan for next season?
    There are loads of oldschoolers that still hop on here that used to play loads of Q1. Fukk it lads, ye should come back, the more the merrier. Maybe Sico, Fanj, Hav and the nethouse/acid lads could form a team. CG started off with a "we're ****e and dont care" attitude and found their feet very quickly once they got into it.
    Dev, you were too busy this time round to enter, maybe CG could ressurrect themselves for season 2?
    There are loads of single players around, just hook up together and form a team.

ql-logo2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 27-08-2001).]

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Im game this time round, anyone wanna set up a clan ?

Slaan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Right - I'm here to state the ZT case as far as I can see it.

We didn't have a team because the people who agreed to play for us obviously didn't show. I appologise on the Clan's behalf and from a personal pov.

Eircom's net service in Galway is dead and they have no idea when they were getting round to fixing it. I went to play and couldn't dial. I had no idea that the game didn't go ahead yesterday till I read quake.ie this afternoon.

Sorry to the clans who got a Default against us - I tried to get the clan moving and playing, but clearly their agreement to play was lip service.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Slan, Your already in a clan u muppet wink.gif

As Ronan said, we need more clans. This league was a great success and the next will be better. If people need help with proxies and the likes, im going to do up an entire help guide of how to get cracking in qw.

Cmon guys, stuck yur name down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

What about clan EZ?

Hey,

Whats done is done. What we need is teams that will be able to make their games every week without fail. Again, it will probably be a four week season, 2 games per week, so its not that much of a commitment.

Dont be fighting it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    Occasionally "getting some" [1] doesn't help either smile.gif</font>

Al you ugly fukker, stop pretending you have a bird and get online u lazy kunt.

As Gman said, maybe EZ would enter this league? Or were they an amalgamation team?

So, what teams that played this time round are coming back? nD are, with a full team, i.e. the gloves are off and the arab is back.
    Damo/Von, keep CW going and enter again. We know INC will be there, and GT. So we have four teams at least. Cmon lads, a couple more enter so we dont have to pad it out with English heads again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

i'd play for sure but i'm behind a firewall...

gwan u l33+ hax0r get thru it

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

The clans aside,
    I was just wondering about the maps, obviously the best ones, e1m2, dm2, dm3 will be staying.

How about some new ones, to throw it about a bit. Was trying to find out what the english leagues use but no luck. Any ideas?

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I'd mabye try playing over modem, but i dont have a clue about QW. MOst of the q3 console comands dont work, cant get a config scripted, cant figue out how to strafe jump in it etc, etc.

I'd say theres quite a few pll like me, who never played a FPS online b4 q3,

Could some1 set up a help section on q.ie for QW newbies mabye ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I dont think ukcldm2 or androm9 should be pld cos they are complete ****** imo, maybe some of the other default maps like e2m2, dunno if thats really a tdm map but there is a few that could be pld but i forget which ones they are atm smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Yeah cheers Vin,
    that's so f*ckin helpful,

Name and shame the maps lads

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

First i wouldnt count on GT just yet, now dont bite my head off (as that wot usually happens), But if this league goes ahead on Sundays its doubtful GT will be able to play. We have the worst turnout for sundays and lots of our players cant make it. Dont hold me to this, but this is wots happenin!

]GT[Nexus

Clan Gauntlet

FUKK SAKE NEXUS JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY :)

Micks right about the maps, E1M2 DM2 and DM3 are the 3 best maps and we should definitely drop androm9 and UK2. I dunno any other good ones really, think we should stick with those 3.

Havok, I'll put up somethin on q.ie with configs etc.

Well,

Im gonna go through the maps that are around. Androm9 and UK may go into it as we need a variety. I CBA just playing Dm2, DM3 and E1M2. Im tempted to put in DM6 for a larf smile.gif

Nexus - I was wondering, cos I know you have a **** load of CA players, why dont you get some of them up to-speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I turned up once for zt I think, I was working sundays before that, and I studied for my repeats last sunday, as I knew kharn was the only one who would turn up. An acid + some other people team would be great. Perhaps if you want to give us overlord zero? smile.gif Also, I think sunday is a pretty good day, but I would be in favour of having it later. I wonder what other people think about this.

£5 for Overlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

look at me - I'm making people happy, I'm the magical man from mystery land

Its "Look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the magical man from Happy Land in a Gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!"

Gerry, theres loads of players to choose from. Nobody is leaving nD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bunny:

look at me - I'm making people happy, I'm the magical man from mystery land
    </font>

That explains just about everything...

• Advertisement

Look at me I'm mr right, from correct land where nothing is wrong.

Look at me, I'm mr about-to-get-my-little-head-beaten-in-when-ronan-gets-back-at-the-weekend.

and ye kuntz better not have wrecked the gaff while i was gone either.

there are now flies on the flies

well you wont be getting past me in a hurry

I knew it. I fukkin knew it. Well whatever minger wrecked the place sort it out.
    Although u were at home yerself for a week......hmmm....(although u cant see it there are little images of Woody and Gman wrecking the gaff in my head)

no fookin hesitation Bunny, u'll get a brick in de fookin nose.

*cough* Quake
    *cough* Maps
    *cough* topic smile.gif

btw, for any Clanless players :

http://www.quake.ie/html/featured-area.asp?item=24

Bunny, Im going to get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

My CA players dont like DM, thats y they play CA MP tongue.gif

]GT[Nexus

Clan Gauntlet

Yes, try and drop androm9 and uk2..if you are going to stick in maps...put in dm6 (they play it alot in NA) and e2m2 (think they're using that in smackdown)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Please bow for the N3RD GOSP3L:

I can access the web browser (the .coms and the https) thru a HTTP proxy. Eeeeh, I can't access IRC, or Napster style progs. How do I HACK this SYS? You hacked the UL SYS didn't you? Surely it's the same game? Sonic?

P.S. I am totally fúcking brilliant at Q1.

• Advertisement

Dar,

You can probably bounce QW thru that proxy. We couldnt in UL because it was so tightened up, but I doubt they would use that kind of security on staff. (i.e. mingin tightarse UL anti-student security). Maybe try a socks proxy.

P.S. Oi'm fúckin, Oi'm deddly at scurtee

Advertisement