Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV and ISDN issues

Options
  • 13-03-2004 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Have UTV yet resolved any issues with using ISDN for their dial-up service? I understand that it would only work on one number and that their dialer was useless.

I am thinking of getting ISDN in the near future.

Any updates on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    Have UTV yet resolved any issues with using ISDN for their dial-up service? I understand that it would only work on one number and that their dialer was useless.
    I've been using ISDN for UTVipXL, and before that UTVip, for ages now.

Only working from one number is not an issue: just make sure your TA dials from that number. It doesn't matter if you're making a call to or from that number at the time.

The dialler doesn't seem to be causing that many problems anymore. I can't use it since I'm on Linux, but tbh I almost never need the rollover number anymore.

Advertisement