Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie tag

Options
  • 13-03-2004 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

how do you loose the newbie tag and the stars etc. what is the procedure for advancment. How do you become a mod?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Your star and tag line reflect your posting which is supposed to reflect your standing/contribution to the community.

ie. more posts = more stars

you get a second star and change from newbie after 50 posts I think.

Not sure what your tagline becomes then (If you are female it becomes "fresh meat")

There are other ways to change the avatar/tags etc such as subscribing to boards.

You become a mod if the admins deem you a worthy contributor to the are aof teh board yo wouldbe modding.

Personally, I just slept with the admins one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I think it's after 50 posts you become a cool newbie, and then after 100 you become something else (can't remember what it is). Your stars also increase based on the amount you post. 3 stars is the highest, unless you're a mod. To be a mod, you have to pass the Amp test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Don't worry about the amp tests and sleeping with the Admins, those are just in-jokes around here.

You can find information on the "ranking" system at this thread --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114209

Moderators are picked by the Admins for various reasons. For example they might be an expert on a subject a particular board is about or they might have been helpful in the running of a particular board.

You can also subscribe to boards.ie to change your own tagline. You can find out more about the benefits of subscribing to Boards.ie here --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106995

Hope this helps.

Advertisement