Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex

Options
  • 13-03-2004 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm old and cynical, but I think I remember days when we talked about more amusing things than the war in Iraq, riddle competitions and 'course suitability'.

What happened to all the teenagers talking **** about **** they knew nothing about?

What happened to the 'who do you fancy and/or hate' threads?

Where did Fio go?

What happened to the parties and the plans for underage consumption of alcohol?

Why is everyone so goddamn politically correct?

Why do I even care?

And why the hell is $hit blocked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

:dunno:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by strawberry
    And why the hell is $hit blocked?

time for the plunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you put open and close html tags (for bold text for example) you can get around that.

shit. was i supposed to say that?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Grace, are you drunk?

But you have a point. I do miss the tomfoolery of the old days, and many's the time I began to write a thread that could have crazy potential, but then I lose hope in all the young 'uns.
    And there is cookie goo on my keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I concur.

Fart boobs fart.

well with everything cept the "hate" threads, they always turned nasty when you posted "I F'ing Hate that *******" then a reply from then is seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I just hate you all and troll my ass off to just shut you motherlovers up. Heh... motherlovers...

But y'have a point. These young uns lack any kinda... fun. Stupid product of the Power Rangers. ALL OF THEM! They're either all too "cool" for posting up anything cause they're out getting langered cause they think it makes them soooo mature <yeps, all mature responsible people have kids at 14 :rolleyes:> or they're whingy little fuckers who won't shut up about all their stupid little piece o' shit problems. Wah wah! I've my daddy's credit card stuck so far up my ass! Boohoo! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

Yes, I've lost all sense and reason but I don't care. This is an ANGRY rant at all the eejits who ruined everything I ever cared about. Like my job. BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE HASN'T BEEN FIRED YET I'M STILL BROKE! GRR! :mad: and my plans for tonight have completely fúcked up!

So EXCUSE ME for being going on this inane rant.

<troll> :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

What happened to all the teenagers talking **** about **** they knew nothing about?
    see thread on iraq et al.
    this still happens. tho many of us are no longer THAT underage if at all. ah the joys of a beard (reminices on lost item*weep*).
    many parties. every weekend. hard thing is arsing oneself to such events.

i also agree that this forum is.....not the same that it used to be.
    nor is hte actual CTYI itself. it's been poisoned and polluted by all these post millenial n00bles. the gene pool of yonder is gone. it seems CTYI upped the required SAT scores to the top 3% as they also noticed such pollution of the place.

do write those threads nosmo. some of us are still here.

and HEYFUKINGZEUS sven. get a shrink/punchbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Nyopallo

Is that even possible for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i like cheese. i wish i had a ferret... they're all furry and slender and the like.

i suppose i'm relatively old in terms of ctyi and this bloody board... so therefore i qualify for LOUD RANTING SESSION OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! but i couldn't be arsed. :rolleyes: i agree with most of what was said... i still testify to having a vague idea of what i was talking about in said iraq thread though... ;)

but yes, let's have a drunken, underage, bitching about people party with lots o' swearing and Fio and non-politically correct party bags and no one caring about anything ever again. which is the way it should be in all fairness... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

why bother with those when the liqueur cabinet is five easy steps from your bedroom door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Man, that thread title is grossly misleading.

But to make this thread a little more upbeat for me. I think I'll mention some things I like in the world, as was suggested I think.
    So... I like bread, wizards, water, laughing, being giddy, smiley faces that go like :eek:! Monkeys... I like monkeys. All should like monkeys. I like beards. The really big kinds, not the little ones. You have to have a beast of a beard for me to like it. It has to be at a level where you can hide a small child inside. There's one kind of moustache I like too. It's the kind where it's all straightened and thin, and there are two strips of hair at the sides of the mouth that drop down to your belly. I want that moustache, but only a grey-white one. I also want a moose, and a place to store the moose. I shall name him pony.
    So I think that's the list of things I like in the world. I'm sure there's more but.... I feel somewhat weak at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Where did Fio go?

Fio's sitting in a computer lab helping to teach people how to BASH script.

Fio's been ill for nearly 2 months.

Fio's sick and tired of missing people.

Fio's too far away.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Strangely, the answer to a lot of the questions in the first post is "Neil"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Those hemorrhoids acting up again there boy?

*my only reply until drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Yes, I've lost all sense and reason but I don't care. This is an ANGRY rant at all the eejits who ruined everything I ever cared about. Like my job. BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE HASN'T BEEN FIRED YET I'M STILL BROKE! GRR! :mad: and my plans for tonight have completely fúcked up!

Oh yeah... about that...

erm... yeah. I'll tell you in person sometime :p

Oh and Neil, I'll be seeing you later ;)

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

aren't bellefire hilarious?! i'm so glad they're back.

Ian? Posting? WTF?

AND AIDEEN!?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Feh...

It's all so different.

We need the older people back as well as the young ones. That'll learn 'em.

Ian? Posting? WTF?

AND AIDEEN!?

Yes. I return. And I bring AIDEEN!!!!

yeah, i know, isn't it crazy?!!! wheeeeeeeeee, i'm back!! at least until you all start boring me again....

but yeah, seeing ian posting is really what drew me back here, he has such a way about him..... *swoon for ian*

tralalalalalooloolalalawheeewaheywaheyhoodyhaddy!! i'm feeling awfully giddy right about now!! so, sex then, how about that?

• Advertisement

Yaaaay I have influence over Aideen!! :D

But yeah... maybe I'll start posting again more often... But I don't know anyone here anymore. Hopefully some of the other oldies (like Aideen, Sven, Grace, Hug, Fio and Podge and everyone else I've come to love these past few years) will post more too. I miss you all :(

Nah. Screw that... let's form our own bulletin board with strippers and blackjack....

Or not. I like it here and I'll troll this forum for another 2 years I say (if only because it's what brought me here) and possibly more if I ever become an RA or TA <laughs his ass off>.

Nah. Screw that... let's form our own bulletin board with strippers and blackjack....

why, that's the best idea i've seen in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

We had one, but then SOMEONE (who may or may not sit beside me in physics, and who, for the purposes of this conversation, shall remain nameless) forgot to renew the domain.

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    We had one, but then SOMEONE (who may or may not sit beside me in physics, and who, for the purposes of this conversation, shall remain nameless) forgot to renew the domain.
    Shush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Nyopallo

I'm sure that the domain is not in high demand, and can be regained without much issues. Besides, it could always be changed to ctyizens.cx

However, it seems that ctyizens.sex will never come to pass
    the original domain was commandeered by those nice folks are interNIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Okay, listen, I've tried before repeatedly to offer alternatives to boards.ie/ctyi... if there is serious interest then I will do it again. CTYIZens.com is taken but surely y'all can think of alternatives. Tell me what you'd like to see, etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 c'nedra

hi, Im an old ctyi head (really really really old) but its good to see you guys have a forum to stay in touch. Pity we werernt such tech heads back in my day ;-)

• Advertisement

Who? And when? Ach... if you were before me you still may have known some of the RA's from my time...

Advertisement