Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing 6310i phone and car kit

• 13-03-2004 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Before I buy another phone I need to figure out what way to go with the car kit...
    I know that the new phones will have a whole new "universal" system for attaching the new phones - but where does this leave me with the old car kit for the 6310i?

The sales lady said I would have to rip out the entire job, cable in all. Surely this is not the case, with a little knowledge couldnt I just put the new base in to replace the old base?

Has anyone done this yet?

On a side note, what phone do I get to replace the 6310i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You could make the move to a bluetooth car kit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The only parts of the old kit that will work is the speaker + Mic, everything else is new, and i doubt you could buy the kit with out the mic+speaker.

It sucks but its the only way.

CPW are doing the nokia Bluetooth carkit for E129, its used to be E349.

The new nokia kits are E179 (6610 etc)

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Had the same problem got a 6610 and car kit its easy enough to change over you can leave the speaker, antenna and mic and just rewire the rest...swap the base and chase the cables back for your new cradle.

The only other option you have is a new 6310i

Advertisement