Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qw and q3 in linux

Options
  • 01-09-2001 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Probably even more quake related and more nardier than the weapon switching post smile.gif ok how the **** do i get qw and q3 workin in linux? Do i have to reinstall to new directories from my windows installtions? i only installed linux yesterday (mandrake8) and i dont have a clue, i haven' t been able to install my isdn ta and i can't install gfx drivers either but i'll bother the nice ppl on the unix board about that. So basically i need a step by step process, and before u mention commands i have to type tell me how to get up the console!!!! smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

This is prolly wrong but i always thought that you needed a "linux version" of the game as in buying a different box in the shop? or am i think of games for macs???

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

http://www.linuxgames.com/quake/

AFAIK you need a proper linux version of Q3, but you can use Windows/DOS Quake and Quake2 CDs to install under linux, with a fair bit of messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i have mandrake8 too... never got me gforce working right thought.. but didnt spend much time at it..
    quakeworld is fine.. i just mounted my windows partition... i downloaded thje zquake server for linux that works fine
    both mquake and zquake clients are available for linux i play software as i havent got gl working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Pity you need a different version for linux! More games should be linux friendly!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

Advertisement