Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Wrestlemania XX card (and thread)

• 13-03-2004 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Final Wrestlemania XX card (and thread)

So guys!
    Its tommorow :) Ive been posting alot of updates due to the fact that I couldnt keep editing the same threads. But this is the final one. All has been declared and I have it all here, all 12 matches in total.

All thats left is to do is get the beers out, go to the supermarket and stock up on junk food and kick back....

Heres the matches :)
    ===============================

MAIN EVENT(RAW);
    Worlds Heavyweight title Triple Threat Match:
    Chris Benoit V (champion)HHH V Shawn Michaels

MAIN EVENT(Smackdown!):
    WWE Title match:
    (champion)Eddie Gurrerio V Kurt Angle

Interpromotional Grudge Match:
    Goldberg V Brock Lesner w/ Special Guest Ref. Steve Austin
    (Both Brock and Goldbergs last matches with the WWE)

RAW Grudge Match:
    Chris Jericho V Christian
    (with a possibility Trish Stratus will be at ring side, but for which man?)

Interpromotional Evening gown Match;
    Raw's Miss Jacky Gayda & Stacy Kiebler V Smackdown!'s Sable & Torrie Wilson

Interpromotional Grudge Match:
    Kane V The Undertaker
    (Plus the long awated return of the origional Undertaker)

US Title Match:
    John Cena V (champion)The Big Show

Tag Team Handy-cap Grudge match:
    The Rock and Sock connection V Evolution's Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Ortan

First Ever Cruiserweight Open:
    (champion)Chavo Gurrerio defends his title in an undisclosed elimination style match. His opponensts are:
    Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragoon, Tagiri, Akio, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Funaki, Jamie Noble & Shannon Moore

Womens title Match:
    Molly Holly V (champion) Victoria
    Advaced Stipulation: If Mollly does not regain the title, she has to have her head shaved in the middle of the ring.

RAW Tag Team Titles 4 corners match:
    (champions)RVD & Booker T V Jindrake & Cade V LaRessistance V the Dudley boys

Smackdown! Tag Team Title 4 Corners match:
    (champions)Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi V The Basham Brothers V The APA V The self-proclamed Worlds Greatest Tag Team
    =====================================
    No matter what anyone says, Im looking forward to it...

Hanza

Which of these matchs are you looking forward to the most? 27 votes

RAW main event for the Heavy weight title
    0% 0 votes
    Smackdown! main event for the WWE title
    7% 2 votes
    Jericho V Christian
    14% 4 votes
    Brock V Goldberg
    14% 4 votes
    Undertaker V Kane
    22% 6 votes
    Rock and Sock Connection V Evolution
    14% 4 votes
    John Cena V Big Show
    7% 2 votes
    Cruiserweight Open
    0% 0 votes
    RAW Tag Titles
    18% 5 votes
    Smackdown! Tag Titles
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Oh man its gonna be great!
    I went for Eddie Vs Angle.
    I just think that match will be the best going by the ten minutes they spent in the ring at the SD RR it will be good.

I reckon most of the matches will be top class.

Must remember to get a few beers in for tomorrow nite!:)

Totally buzzing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Voted for the cruiserweights, expecting some high flying action in that one.

All the matchesa have potential a few have the potential to be dire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I voted Jericho -VS- Christian..Its had the best build up {apart from Kane -VS Undertaker} but these two can deliver a solid match up and it should be really really interesting cause both can work every style high flying, mat based {technical} and hardcore. Plus the Ayotola of Rock and Rolla is my second favourite wrestler of all time {Bret Hart being my favourite}.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 nitemonkey04

Brock vs Goldberg will be f****N amazing
    im so lookin forward to that and BROCK
    PLEASE DON'T GO THE WWE NEEDS
    YOU

• Advertisement

Goldberg cant wrestle, Lesnar will have his mind on his NFL career. The match will stink the building out. And even is Lesnar was total WWE he still couldnt carry Staleberg to a good match. You would need Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar just to make him look decent.

And yes im very anti- Goldberg and anti-brock lesnar because he is WWE's version of Goldberg, only difference is Lesnar has talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

if its lesnars last match he might go for the shooting star press. I wouldnt be surprised if we never saw goldberg again

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

"And yes im very anti- Goldberg and anti-brock lesnar because he is WWE's version of Goldberg, only difference is Lesnar has talent."

Care to explain this statement???
    To me it makes no sense.

Basically Goldberg came first...Was built up as this big monster but he couldnt wrestle for beans....Brock Lesnar came second..built up as this big monster the exact same way as Goldberg but Lesnar can actually wrestle, though his mic skills are very bad but I dont care about mic skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

the last few weeks i was just thinking his mic skills where showing marked signs of improvement. This week actually when he was shouting down austin i thought they were actually quite good.

• Advertisement

They have improved but I think he's a guy who needs great mic skills, unlike Benoit who lets his wrestling do the talking.

Personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

How come Benoit's wrestling does the talking but Lesnar's doesn't??/

Lesnar is a far more convincing performer(IMO).
    Either way you cannot take from Lesnar's ability as a wrestler.

I think Lesnar is pretty good on the mic and even (somehow) made a Hardcore Holly feud somewhat come off.
    As for Benoit, I find him insanely boring, as a character and in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

benoit rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I've voted Jericho and Christian, I'll end up checking out the spoilers soon to see if they delivered. :)

Nero

How can you accuse Goldberg of seeing green and not Lesnar.

Originally posted by markomac316
    How can you accuse Goldberg of seeing green and not Lesnar.

1) he sat doing nothing while he was guaranteed money from WCW for it. Not that you or i wouldn't have done the same, but it goes to show.

2) the main reason he hasn't re-signed is because he wasn't getting the bonuses that other workers were getting. in other words, money he doesn't particularly need.

Lesnar left not so much for more money, and more for the fact that he made his.
    And i'll be expecting him back within a year, seeing as the NFL claim they haven't even heard from him and have little or no interest in him anyway.

Nero

Oh no, the last thing we need is a battle royal with mixed WWE/NFL stars for Wrestlemania 21!

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Didn't they do something like that b4?

Vince still trying to hold on to the XFL dream?:)

• Advertisement

Nah, he learned from the XFL, the promo for last years survivor series proved that.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I predict Brock will come back and finish the Undertaker's career. Think about it the Undertaker is sure to go on a bit of a run now and the fact he doesn't sell to people means he can't feel pain. So Brock comes back (here comes the pain) and destroys (or beats anyway :D) the deadman

Brock is gone, he cant handle the pressure, the traveling and i hope he doesnt come back because he wont get any respect what so ever, his reaction at WM proved that.

Time to lift the likes of John Cena into the main event, but they also need to move someone from raw to make up for the loss of Brock. Reguardless of how much I dislike the guy he was the most over guy on Smackdown. Bring Triple H over give him something new.

no no NO NO and NO!
    Putting Cena into the main event right now, you might as well put the dirt over his Grave. Give him another year before plonking him in there.

Isn't anyone learning from the Brock Lesner syndrome? Push a guy too soon and he'll have nowhere to go in the future.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Of course they arent learning Nero!

Behold... the new species of smarts. The Tick Ass Smarts that dont really have a clue... :)

Guys, why do u want wrestlers that have had exposure but for all intensive purposes are still green going for the main straps when it kills carrers faster then a Steve Corino entrance kills the crowds attention... Fuk'n Corino bastard!

Hanza

Easy Hanza, we were all marks at one point! :)
    Cena is a mass of potential, this aint rocket science, but if you still want to see him in five years time, then let nature run it's course as far as his career is concerned.

Bottom line.
    Nero

From reading backstage reports I think Cena can handle it. Hes not like Brock who just got into wrestling for the money and the same goes for Randy Orton.

I cant see too many people fooking around now that The Undertaker is back. Its time for him to lead the locker room and keep people in line.

And I honestly hope when you are talking about marks you are not talking about me. I've been a wrestling fan since I was about 3 years old watching it on ITV on Saturday mornings {im now 17}

It doesn't matter what you're into it for, if you get a major belt in your first two years of your career, there's really nowhere to go but down. As said last month, look at Angle. He was given the belt after a year and was then stuck in the midcard for the best part of two years when he dropped it. And why? Because they had to build him again because the strap was put on him too soon.

It's called learning to crawl before learning to walk.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

Best part of WM for me ?

Edge's return Promo !

( Only kidding , it was the triple threat , but i am very exciting about ol' Flipper feet coming back , i really think he'll do well )

• Advertisement

Yeah, why did we all forget about that :(

Cant wait to see Edge back.

BTW, that comment wasnt aimed at you markomac316, I was just messing! I just have never agreed that giving "Young Lions" as it were major belts, no matter how confident they look. Its not that they couldnt handle it, its that the company couldnt, the talent couldnt!

Cena is only inthere a little over 2 years. He was lucky he even got to stay,apparently his first contact with WWE had a few riffs, and he might have been told he wasnt ready. Personally, I dont know where they got that idea, people are still talking about his first match.

It was probally somethng to do with WWE not wanting to use his prototype angle from OVW.

Hanza

I'll never forget it either, and now it's immortalised in the before they were superstars 2 dvd, his match with kurt angle :)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    no no NO NO and NO!
    Putting Cena into the main event right now, you might as well put the dirt over his Grave. Give him another year before plonking him in there.

Isn't anyone learning from the Brock Lesner syndrome? Push a guy too soon and he'll have nowhere to go in the future.

Nero

he could do like the rock and go make moveies,

they should have learned from the rock, too young a guy will have nowhere to go if he holds the title 6/7 times before hes 30

Yeah but The Rock was a good two years in the industry, and whereas HHH wasn't main event material by the time that Survivor Series came along, The Rock was all they had to put the strap on. Austin has just dropped it, And they weren't gonna put it on Taker just yet as he'd made a bags of his last title reign the year before.

Besides, it set up for the killer Rock/Mankind feud that drew like nuts and also gave us the Royal Rumble match two months later.

Nero

And how good that match was, loved that fued was something special.

The Corporate Champion! THE ROCK!.

If WWE could make the new Rock who would it be? Cena or Randy Orton or Version 1 {i love the guy} or someone different.

I gotta say Version 1 Matt Hardy.

John Cena, at the minute, as far as mic work is concerned, there's nobody better :)
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I dunno about Cena. I admit he's great on the mic but can we really expect this rap gimmick to last? I can't see him still rapping in 5 years time for example. Will he drop it and just talk normal

Thats not the point, you think he still can't diss and take the piss out of people without rapping? He could drop the raps but he could still get the crowd going.

I personally think so anyway.
    Nero

John Cena is gonna drop the gimmick the minute it gets old, at the moment its on fire. He will quickly go from rapping to being totally aggressive, he'll drop the raps and just turn into a cocky street punk.

Thats the beauty of a gimmick, he can gradually phase it out when ever we wants and give it a fresh kick start.

Hanza

Cena can get the crowd going whatever way he wants, and as long as rap is popular he will be using that gimmick.

Cena can get the crowd going whatever way he wants, and as long as rap is popular he will be using that gimmick
    Its very easy to get a rap right :)

Oh John we're in New York!
    "Wazap Nu Yoook?"

And your fighting Big Show.... again
    "Big Show has a cat, that makes him fat!
    Word to yo mama BEHOTCH!"

See any one can do this shizbid homme word life basic wicked cool wicked welcome to the jungle! :)

Hanza

• Advertisement
Advertisement