Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dredg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Saw them supporting glassjaw, very very good band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some time last year someone gave me a copy of 'el cielo' and after listening to it non stop for a few weeks, I eventually pushed it onto a few friends of mine and we spent a few weeks listening to pretty much nothing but dredg :)
    then I got leitmotif and did the same, took me a lot longer to get into but once i was there i really liked the album. haven't listened to them in a long time now though, when we first heard of them we all spent way too much time listening to the albums so now it's gona take a while before i want to listen to it again sadly..

also, check out their music videos.. damned cool artwork in 'same ol road' and erm..i forget what other song they made a video for, butit has a penguin in it! (from that song on leitmotif) ..they're a great band for having a story and purpose to an album . el cielo was written based on a painting by salvidor dali ..erm.. something about a pomegranate :p
    lemme dig up the link

http://www.incubusonline.com/jon/elcielo.htm

goesw throughthe concept that el cielo is based on, great read if you're into the album. has a page on leitomotif, and some bio on the band too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

cheers man.

hopefully we'll be graced with a new album soon eh...:)

Advertisement