Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting from servers

Options
  • 13-03-2004 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

ever since i upgraded to dc.7 i get disconnected every so often and is highly annoying! (cavan combat is one of them)

does anybody else have this type of problem!?
    i have punkbuster enabled and upddated to the latest version and i follow the rules too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What message do you get, just "Disconnected From Server"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yea thats it and sometimes the game frezzes on me so i have to unplug my PC
    what a dose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by jank
    yea thats it and sometimes the game frezzes on me so i have to unplug my PC
    what a dose!!
    That happens to me sometimes. Count to 39 seconds, and it usually unfreezes.
    Sometimes, it totally goes, tho. No idea why. Updating everything to try to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hold down your power button for a few seconds, it'll save you having to unplug it.

Try a full reinstall of BF and the mods. I had a problem where anytime I loaded a map the game crashed. A full reinstall fixed it for me :)

Does this also happen when you try and play a single player game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

nope doesnt happen at all when i play single player and ive been playing a lot of single player to get good at the heli's so i can kick some ass in multi lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You need to update your punkbuster install. Go to the punkbuster site, bf1942 section.. look for a 'pbweb.exe' file.. download it and stick it in the PB dir for the bf1942 install and run it. That will update PB. Run every day or two after that to keep it updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I was going to suggest what Moriarty said, except jank posted:
    i have punkbuster enabled and upddated to the latest version

I had that prob, it wasn't updating automatically, kept kicking me out for 2 mins "Time out" something about updating PB. Just got the manual updates and it was fine after that.

Jank, do you get any errors at all that could give some indication of the prob?

Advertisement