Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is ranieri up to??

• 13-03-2004 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

If anyone seen the match today they should agree that chelsea need to buy a new Centre half!!! Desailly was So poor it's not even funny!! he barely got more then 6 inches off the ground when he was competing for headers!!

They have two excellent players in Gallas and Terry, but to have a squad the size they have and not have more then two players for that position is ridiculous!!

They have more midfielders then you can shake a stick at but no cover at the back???
    Parker, Rueben, Cole, Duff, Gerimi, Lampard, Petit, Veron, Makalele, Gronkear (sorry can't spell that!! :) ), stanic.

Now i know he is building a huge squad to try and win everything next year, but surely you would have to look at the backline first if you want to compete at the highest level (look at AC milan's defence!!)

For an Italian manager, Ranieri is making very few defensive purchases.
    Someone take that checkbook off him!!

Oh, and who do you think he should buy a Desailly replacement?
    I think Nesta if he would leave Italy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

get montero from Juve. he's about to be boo-ed out of Italy for that SHAMBOLIC piece of defending for the Depor goal.
    now that's only 1 goal tho. he's good enough for england. get him.
    or Real's cover for R. Carlos. Raul Bravo. he looked great at LB. convert him to CB.

P.S. this is the Premiership. NO ONE wins game by defending and not scoring.
    ANY team can score against u at ANY time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bravo is Reals staring CB, and he sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Have to agree Seaneh!!

I wasn't only refering to the premiership, the champions league needs you to have good defenders (Real Madrid Aside) Man Utd's Early exit thanks to poor defending prove that.

p.s. if no one scores against you, you never lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I have to say, I think Ranieri is "up to" trying to win more games. Presumably in this case, he was trying to keep Desailly interested, and match-fit (which he clearly wasn't). If Gallas or Terry get injured, he wants a sharp Desailly to come in and replace them, rather than the lumbering one we saw today. Only matches can give him that sharpness.

It worked out well in the end though. They kept yet another clean sheet, although it may have been more to do with Marco Ambrosio in goal on this occassion, rather than the people in front of him.

I agree with EvilHomer - if you don't concede, you never lose. Admittedly, they're not fantastic going forward, but they are second in the league, and only because Arsenal have made the greatest start to a Premiership season ever. Not exactly a reason to drastically change tactics. Same goes for Valencia - second only to possibly the greatest team on Earth. I enjoy watching good defending, and so I say good luck to them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by Aliminator

Except today where all the winners had clean sheets ;)

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Except today where all the winners had clean sheets ;)

Hyzepher

Yeah;) He mush be used to watching United play:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Hard to believe Raul Bravo was actually on loan at Leeds under El Tel.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If I was a Chelsea fan I wouldn't want any more players other than a right winger and right full. They have Huth as cover for Gallas and Terry, if they buy another world class CB it will only make someone unhappy. They 25+ clean sheets this season. F*ck cover, 11 world class players and have decent backup is fine.

BTW - Am I the only person who absolutely dispises (sp?) Jimmy F Hasslebaink?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Yeah;) He mush be used to watching United play:D
    actually, i was commenting on how Arsenal have not kept as many clean sheets as they should have. even leceister and wolves scored against us (RE: your final point evilhomer).

and JF Hasselbaink will be kicked out of Chelsea in the summer IMO.

Advertisement