Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paying for mmorpg items - stupid

• 14-03-2004 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

what do guys think of people that buy ingame items or high level accounts with real cash?
    personaly i think its insane and i dont see how people can enjoy stuff they havnt worked for
    a jedi master account from swg sold for about 1600 euro recently

but im quiet happy to cash in on peoples stupidity
    if my neocron account i curently have on ebay sells i will have made 600 euro in totaly from playing a game i enjoy

sometimes where im selling people stuff i feel like calling them losers for spending so much cash on a mmorpg
    but i dont as it might affect future sales with that person :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I sold a few DAOC accounts ,

one had
    Tusk - level 50 hero
    (cant remember name) - level 25 ranger
    RaR - level 42 eldritch

sold for 250 euro :D

then I sold an account with a level 48 warden and a level 24 ranger for 150 euro

Wish i had an mmorpg to play atm but cant find any good betas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Have to agree with that, can't see a point in buying items with real money. Account maybe but is it really worth it to save all that time?

I've been playing eve for the last few months and the leader of the corp I'm in had a second account for mining/hauling ore. College was takeing up a ton of time so he decided to sell the account, he got 150 euro for it. :eek: He had a think about that and is running a second account again.

Our corp merged with another for awhile, turned out that alot of the members bought items and game money from ebay and the likes. Scince we where a bunch of lazy miners we didn't mix too well and we split again. It was nice to see the teamplay they had but it was just way too hardcore. I always found half the fun is starting out and building yourself up, even deleted my character a few times to start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

some people put a lot of money into mmog and if you end up playing a game for a year, it can amount to 120 euro over a year or more in subscription money. selling the game account to recoup your losses is ok in my books. selling items from game like ships in EvE Online and dead branches of magic in your everyday fantasy mmorpg is a bit silly. if you're going to cheat, go all the way and not a step at the time.

if anyone wants to buy my 1 month old account for eve online, pm me. i will accept beer and other intoxicating substances as payment ;)

adnans

Advertisement