Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty ,Irish servers empty 24/7 :(

Options
  • 14-03-2004 11:45am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

judging by posts here in recent weeks i imagine we have a lot of Call of Duty players here.
    The 2 Irish servers i know are always empty.
    Is this because they are running team deathmatch?
    I know the most popular modes are the new Headquarters mode and Search and Destroy.
    Added to this many servers run the PRM realism mod which is hugely popular.
    Its just a thought for whoever runs these servers.
    Do Komplett run them?
    Its a shame as i know of many Irish players including myself who play on foreign servers as TDM does not seem to be a popular mode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I play TDM all the time...what are the names/IPs of these servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Its run by Ronin on these boards.

There is a UK server frequented by a lot of irish people ( irish clans server).

It runs HQ, S&D and TDM in some random order. It also uses some of the features of the prm mod.

217.158.176.26:28960 is the ip. Stop by and say hi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Like you say, never anybody there.

I'm having alot of trouble getting CoD to work at the moment. I've tried reinstalling it 3 times but nothings doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

whats the problem your seeing BLITZ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the irish online gaming scene is dead,now its just an extension of the uk gaming scene
    gone are the days of popular irish servers everyone just uses uk servers now shame realy :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

the irish online gaming scene is dead,now its just an extension of the uk gaming scene

Hi Tuxx,i must disagree with you there.
    We have a large online gaming community at below link.
    I admin the servers there and i can personally say that we get a huge volume of Irish gamers on the servers.
    My DOD clan is hosted by jarhedz [we getting new improved server soon :) ].
    You will be pleasantly surprised if you head over and say hello to us.

Our clan channel can be found in IRC quakenet #radox and jarhedz on #jarhedz

www.jarhedz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Dcully, i play with the top uk clans in call of duty, Infinity-Esports, Void and Last Chance and PRM mod isnt popular. At All!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

gone are the days of popular irish servers everyone just uses uk servers now shame realy

Well i gotta admit that the irish scene isnt as vibrant in the games that i play as it was in days gone by. (UT but thats fairly old now and CoD).

However there are a lot of Irish people playing CoD. The reason that a lot of people play over in the Uk now is that the connections between UK and Ireland have improved dramitically. Most Irish people(with ISDN+) ping similarly to UK servers as they do to irish and more often than not have equal ping times to UK people. Thus as there is a larger scene in England people decide to play games on UK servers to get a larger mix of people playing on the publics. (ie u wont get many central and northern european people playing on irish servers but they will play on UK servers.)

I kinda expect this to continue until the Irish community's become really large. Of course there are exceptions.
    PRM mod isnt popular. At All!!!!1
    Tbh i dont know all that much about the Cod scene but Prm is popular enough (or at least parts of it) as there are a fair few clans in the league that we play in. That said i can imagine that none Prm is more popular as its more simplistic which attracts more youngsters (similar to the simplistic fashion of cs and its popularity).
    The above is not fact, it is my opinion.

Yeah i agree with you saying it is reasonably popular, it would be more popular if they removed the bugs etc, and the amount of clans who play normal cod without any mods is alot more and then you have the CPL which just plays the regular cod.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    217.158.176.26:28960 is the ip. Stop by and say hi :)

what's your name in there...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

The server Runs PRM by the way so many of you peps who play on normal server's may find it a bit strange @ 1st, However you're all welcome to come and play if you want as BK said you'll usuall find some of the clan there

dats me -<{1st-IB}>-Dragula

When i say every body i mean to exclude N1ck as he had to be banned.

sorry n1ck

D.

I can't seem to add it to my favourites. it never turns up on the server list and when I try to add it to the favourites manually I can't paste it or type it in... :confused:

Well im afraid to say im not banned dragula, because ive played on there a few times this week. :)

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I can't seem to add it to my favourites. it never turns up on the server list and when I try to add it to the favourites manually I can't paste it or type it in... :confused:

Get All Seeing Eye, its a handy server browser which lets you add favourites etc.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

Strange n1ck i havent seen ure name on the stats dats all, :D

Yea get ASE and u can add it in there m8

d.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

I have played on the Irish COD servers once or twice with people from other countries. It's a shame that more people don't use them. If the administrator's would rotate the map type to something other than team deathmatch then maybe more people would play on them!

By the by, the next patch for COD, 1.3 is released this week with two new maps and other refinements but no punkbuster added. They say the are adding it in a separate update.

http://www.callofduty.com/patch/CoD_patchcomm.html

Originally posted by Dr4gul4
    Strange n1ck i havent seen ure name on the stats dats all, :D

I have about 20 fake names i use. :)

Though as much, it's a shame you have to resort to using Fake names N1ck, however we can resolve this by an ip ban

D.

Ah, funny thing is half your clan dont know or mind me playing there, just cause your a cock you dont like me playing there. :)

no need for abouse now n1ck, i think you will find that it's the CLAN's decision to ban people from the server, and if i believe somebody is cheating i can have them banned, however you have been banned and you know why i believe you're previous post explains why you will be banned

D.

• Advertisement

lol? if u believe someone cheats? You accusing me of cheating now? Well apparently ive been banned from 2 leagues for cheating so you aint the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Dcully
    Hi Tuxx,i must disagree with you there.
    We have a large online gaming community at below link.
    I admin the servers there and i can personally say that we get a huge volume of Irish gamers on the servers.
    My DOD clan is hosted by jarhedz [we getting new improved server soon :) ].
    You will be pleasantly surprised if you head over and say hello to us.

Our clan channel can be found in IRC quakenet #radox and jarhedz on #jarhedz

www.jarhedz.com
    It's hard to call jarhedz "irish" these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

If you want changes done to the servers then give me a list of what u want and I'll make the required changes.

although I think you'll lose one those servers soon to make way for more popular games.

It's hard to call jarhedz "irish" these days..

Mostly Irish members, regulars,clans and servers are in Ireland.
    How more Irish do you want?

Hi hellfire,i think the headquarters mode is a crowd puller these days.
    Maybe an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Shamrocks!
    Hi hellfire,i think the headquarters mode is a crowd puller these days.
    Agreed - Headquarters mode is good fun; and "Heat of Battle" mod is very good, very like Day of Defeat; small mod size (for now) too - 35Mb

Yes Heat of battle is indeed very DOD like and is superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Mostly irish being around as many as their are english, disregarding from other countries 0_o

Me and a mate of mine from my clan were bored and thought we would set up an irish irc channel. Its #eire.cod if u wanna drop by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by Washout
    whats the problem your seeing BLITZ?

could not find configure.csv :(

Advertisement