Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United-v-City(scores)

• 14-03-2004 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

A game United cant affors to lose,come to think of it they cant afford to lose any games for the rest of the season.

Predictions anyone?????????????

I say 0-2 for United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

2-1 to city.(not likely)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

i think a draw is on the cards
    man city will be well up for it
    2-2 i think, lets hope im right

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I think it will be 2-1 to united
    is silvestre match fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

UTD 3 - City 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i see 2-1 for city

• Advertisement

is silvestre match fit?

think he is out for an extra 3 weeks

fortune out for the rest of the season:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

2-1 to United i think, where did you hear Fortune is out, Henry_14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Sylvester and Ronaldo both play.
    3-1 to Utd

United: Howard , P Neville , Brown , Silvestre , O'Shea , Ronaldo , Fletcher , Butt , Giggs , Scholes , Nistelrooy
    Subs: Carroll , Bellion , Solskjaer , Forlan , Lynch

City: James , Dunne , Buyten , Distin , Wright-Phillips , Reyna , Sibierski , McManaman , Tarnat , Macken , Fowler
    Subs: Arason , Wanchope , Jihai , Sinclair , Bosvelt

Where is Saha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

1-0 to city from fowler.
    I love derbys :)

2:53 Goal - Robbie Fowler
    Man City 1-0 Man Utd.
    Goal by Robbie Fowler (Man City) left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right side of six-yard box (6 yards).Man City 1-0 Man Utd. Assist (header) by Antoine Sibierski (Man City) from centre of penalty area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/teams/m/man_city/html/live_hi.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

2-0 to City

Oh dear oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

arse...

is anyone watching it?

2-1 to city scholes is the scorer

31:50 Goal - Jonathan Macken
    Man City 2-0 Man Utd.
    Goal by Jonathan Macken (Man City) drilled right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from centre of penalty area (18 yards).Man City 2-0 Man Utd.

Anyone watching the game, is it good, whats happening to ManU

Watching it on premiership plus

united could be doing alot better.

Originally posted by phenom
    Watching it on premiership plus

united could be doing alot better.

sounds like a cracking match

thought it was on sky sports :(

34:44 Goal - Paul Scholes
    Man City 2-1 Man Utd.
    Goal by Paul Scholes (Man Utd) drilled right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from centre of penalty area (18 yards).Man City 2-1 Man Utd. Assist (pass) by Ryan Giggs (Man Utd) from left side of penalty area.

Ronaldo hit the crossbar with a brilliant effort he had the keeper beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

half-time 2-1 .

well its half time the score is 2-1. I think united can pull it back. They are looking good.

United are after missing a good few chances. Scholes should have made it 2-2

3-2 is looking very likely ;)

Is anyone watching this match online somewhere, on a stream?

Star Sports isn't working for me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Utd are all over city, apart from city's 2 chances they had nothing at all.

ronaldo's having a field day up against dunne, or wright phillips, whoever he's supposed to be marked by. giggs waste 3 good chances, 2 very poor finishes with his right foot. he has played a few class cutting passes though.

scholes is outstanding, always free for a pass, then plays it on simply. van the man is doing a superb job holding up the ball, very strong. there's no need to change things for utd, its only a matter of time before they get another goal or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by smemon

ronaldo's having a field day up against dunne, or wright phillips, whoever he's supposed to be marked by. giggs waste 3 good chances, 2 very poor finishes with his right foot. he has played a few class cutting passes though.

scholes is outstanding, always free for a pass, then plays it on simply. van the man is doing a superb job holding up the ball, very strong. there's no need to change things for utd, its only a matter of time before they get another goal or 2.

Same can't be said for the Utd back 5.
    Two soft goals from a poor city side.
    p.pete suggested before christmas that Utd may end up in a fight for 4th, I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything to that....

Originally posted by syke
    Same can't be said for the Utd back 5.
    Two soft goals from a poor city side.

i have to agree united are playing well up front. they have had 9 goals on target where as city have only had 3.
    United really have to sort out the defence
    The second half commences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't understand if City can play so well against United, why can't the turn on the heat against other teams.

Thats why Derby matches are so unpredictable.
    It doesn't matter how good the teams are, its just totally down to the spirit on the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

The reason they cant turn it on agianst every team is because there an average team.

Plus they have to put in a good show in the derby or else be lynched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Why aren't united wearing blackbands on their arms?? It is supposed to be done by everyone, and if its not they should do, it is a f*ckin disgrace, f*ckin united scum-bags, are they too big to care about the rest of the world??

Originally posted by Healio
    Why aren't united wearing blackbands on their arms?? It is supposed to be done by everyone, and if its not they should do, it is a f*ckin disgrace, f*ckin united scum-bags, are they too big to care about the rest of the world??

ugh! take it to humanities or something

3-1 to city, sinclair capitilsing on a terrible spot of defending.

3-1

Looking bad for united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They think its all over......

_38198235_fergie_fog_300.jpg

homer2.jpg

.....it is Now! :D

City 4 - 1 Utd.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by PHB
    3-1

Looking bad for united

Afraid so. good in attack first half but didn,t continue in the second. Too many Defensive errors.:(

4 - 1 to city just now class goal from wright phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Aw man this is rediculous. How are Utd so bad lately? Could be down to Karma, I suppose... :p

Being beaten by City though - come on! This is the same team that went 14 league games without a win, were struggling along in 15th place, and have defenders even dodgier than Wes Brown! Even Utd should be able to beat them.

Who suggested they'll be in a battle for 4th place though??? They're 15 points clear of Charlton, and more of any other serious competitor. Saying they'll be caught is like saying that Utd themselves will catch and overtake Arsenal. No chance. Having said that, they're fairly limping along to third place at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Stunning goal by Wright-Phillips to finish it. The ball somehow stayed in play when it rolled straight down the touchline, Wright-Phillips jogged it into the box, left Brown for dead before scoring. It went over Howard and in off the crossbar, the cameraman lost sight of it as it was going in I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

fa cup is all we have now. utd have had a dose of bad luck in the past 2 games, simple as that.

theres no way city deserved to win 4-1, in a way and i hope im right, fergie will use the past week as motivation for the fa cup and next season.

whether we finish 2nd or 3rd it doesnt matter, winning the fa cup is crucial now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fa cup is all we have now. utd have had a dose of bad luck in the past 2 games, simple as that.

Bad luck???

how you call having a **** defense bad luck.

wes brown has been terrible and should be sold in the summer (not likely to get anything for him though)

silvestre played well today granted he made mistake for third goal but he shouldn't of played today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Utd had bags full of possession and chances in first half but in the second half Utd hardly created anything. Its all gone a bit pear shaped since the 3-4 victory at Everton. Van Buyten was immense today though.

city took their chances well and utd's defending is bad at best!

2-1 flattered city in the first half, i thought utd would put them to rest in the second but it never came, utd were **** in the second half and diddnt trouble james at all
    2 good subs by keegan at half time, ronaldo was causing a lot of problems but he didnt anything at all in the second half, and what a mistake by silvestre letting sinclair for the 3rd and that sealed the match
    what a goal by wright-philips though will go down as one of the goals of the season, he is something special and a real gem for city

utd will do well to finish second this season and with a performance like that they can kiss the fa cup goodbye too, can fergie pull this team around?
    it looks to me that his heart isnt in it at all much like the rest of the senior players at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Wow what a match!

Never been so happy to cheer on city before :D

Thought city were excellent in the air, seemed to win everything in the midfield and held the ball up very well.

Was well impressed with Ronaldo for a change. Thought he played a blinder.

Come on the Gooners!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

What the hell happened there 4-1 4 bleedin 1 to City and United didnt even play half bad well the **** defence strikes again i suppose. The leagues gone the champions league is gone we have to win the FA Cup so we wont be totally humiliated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

shaun wright-phillips legend

Ronaldo was outstanding. Great so see city win for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The first hals performance by United was the best they have played in some time.
    However in the second they went back to their usual ineffective selves.
    Very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair result, United did miss a few chances though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Id say fergys new pace maker got a good waring in.

I hear a lot of Man U lads putting this and other preformances like it down to low marale re: Magner and the horse.

Thats just like Man U,
    Shít! Pure Shít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Blindly optimistic doesn't even come close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement