Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am banned from IT Carlow Forum

Options
  • 14-03-2004 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Im banned for standing up for myself where there is a repeated abuse of power by one of the mods. Ivan locks most of my posts so I felt a bit hard done by and said so on this thread he started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=146540

But now i'm banned by the other mod. I really don't think this is fair.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

attentionwhore.jpg

and

setmypeoplefree.jpg

Comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

originally posted by TomTom
    Right to save alot more hassel and this argument continuing for ages and ages I am going to set an example.
    Ciaran is doing his best and unreal you are not relenting so you have earned a one month ban.
    End of discussion.

seems fair to me, you were given ample warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I wonder if there is a disease called 'Banitus' as it appears to be spreading ?...:confused:

P. :ninja:

That or there’s a ever grown number of muppets joining p-diddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

That or there’s a ever grown number of muppets joining p-diddy

Have to agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    Im banned for standing up for myself where there is a repeated abuse of power by one of the mods. Ivan locks most of my posts so I felt a bit hard done by and said so on this thread he started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=146540

But now i'm banned by the other mod. I really don't think this is fair.

Shut the fuck up.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by amp
    Shut the fuck up.

I concur. I believe that assessment really takes care of all the issues raised here :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Paddy20
    I wonder if there is a disease called 'Banitus' as it appears to be spreading ?...:confused:

Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Entrapment , thats what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Jesus Bizmark, look up originality in the dictionary ffs.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sangre
    Jesus Bizmark, look up originality in the dictionary ffs.

I though it was funny !.......+ i just got up im not normaly funny at that time in the morning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by echomadman
    seems fair to me, you were given ample warning.

Did you bother reading the thread i linked to before you replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

lads ye're being a bit harsh on her dont ye think
    like telling to stfu
    thats not on

Senor_Fudge,

Totally agree with you. There are a number of 'piranha like posters' on Boards.ie, who seem too really wallow in a feeding frenzy type of insulting behaviour which is childish and unacceptable.

UnrealQueen is obviously the target of the moment, but no doubt the 'cowardly idiots' will soon pick on someone else. As they bore easily, especially if you do not respond too their posts, which is lethal.

Much more effective is to simply put them on your ignore list. I would advise UnrealQueen who has been suffering a lot from 'Banitus' & 'Lockitus' , both terrible afflications which effect some Moderators at times. Certainly diseases that should be scientifically/medically studied as they both appear to be contagious. ;)

P. :ninja: :dunno:

paddy a mod doesnt just lock something or ban someone for little to no reasion i think your being abit unfair to mods in general there (and the admins who wouldnt allow it anyway)

Ivan to his credit though long and hard about what to do with unrealqueen and a lot of the mods agreed with him ....you just didnt see the threads

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by bizmark

Ivan to his credit though long and hard about what to do with unrealqueen and a lot of the mods agreed with him ....you just didnt see the threads

According to her Ivan didn't ban her the other mod did but from what you are saying it appears to have been a joint decision. I found it stange for a mod to invite comment on their performance and then ban a user for making such comment and backing it up with her reasons.

I have only read the link in this post and so i m not aware of the history here .

ive analysed the threads carefully and followed them and i still think the ban against unrealqueen is not warranted
    sorry thats just my opinion

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I certainly think that Ivan was wrong to lock her threads (the two she mentioned, especially the 'what are you doing after college?' one).
    I think hes getting abit too strict on the rules there... it seems on topic to me, anyway.

Flogen

why does the board have to be modded so seriously and severely its not as if its after hours or anything like that its only a college board... frankly i cant see the sense in it

bizmark,

You are of course correct in stating that I did not see the threads. I am well aware that the vast majority of the voluntary and unpaid Moderators deserve respect.

However, as you are probably aware I have had my fair share of disputes with a few Mods in my time. Now I just ignore the ones that get up my nose, best policy in my experience.

I do not mean to knock 'Ivan' (Sorry Ivan) but we just can not expect every Moderator too get it right everytime. They are human and do err and have bad days like everyone, and that certainly is of no surprise either considering some of the blockheads they have to contend with. I just wish that when the odd Mod makes an unjust decision and the individual poster is naturally frustrated and feels helpless then a little compassion or a more detailed explanation might help to put matters too rights a lot quicker.

Hope that helps to explain my view. I just hate it when so much time and energy is spent on trivialities when we live in a world of frightening abominations and real tragedies.

• Advertisement

alright paddy no need to get too dramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Senor_Fudge
    why does the board have to be modded so seriously and severely its not as if its after hours or anything like that its only a college board... frankly i cant see the sense in it

the policy of the board is set down by the moderator, what s/he wants discussed there if people have issues with that they can be taken up with the moderator and I believe Ivan has been more then fair giving people an opportunity to air their opinions on his modding with the "I have a gripe with Ivan thread" or whatever it is called.

The fact "that its only a college board" is irrelevant at the end of the day this is "only" a website and it is "only" one forum on it that she has been banned from if we start looking at it from that perspective

Regards

Data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

amp, what the hell are you doing?

/scratches head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i think ivan was correct to do what's been done.

me and my friends (my friends and i even) have a private board where we post up all kinds of crap - crap that is only relevant to our small-ish group of people.

when u go onto the carlow it board and have to sift through basically - bad coronation street episode chatter (as was said) i think it's getting too much.

there's pm, irc, msn blah blah etc.
    I just hate it when so much time and energy is spent on trivialities when we live in a world of frightening abominations and real tragedies.

I do know where you are coming from, and it does get frustrating but relllaaax guy... otherwise we gots to close everything except the politics board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Paddy20 i feel you seem to suffer from a severe case of one-sidedness. everything i've seen that you have posted about you seem only to be able to admit that others err, but that you never do. as it is you just seem to believe that everyone else is wrong if their opinion is against yours (best depicted by that thread on AH that involved you adding everyone who's opinions you didnt like onto your ignore list.

Unreal queen there was a discussion on the mod board started by Ivan as to whether or not to ban you as you seemed to, from what i read, decide in every case that what he said was wrong and you could do whatever you damn well liked.
    In the end TomTom decided he'd had enough of your threads and banned you. fair enough in my opinion. your contribution to boards seems to be finding distinctly unfunny crap and spamming it all over the place. For instance the stuff you posted on illuminati :rolleyes:

Whether the single thread you used as an example was enough for a ban on its own, probably not. but it was most likely the thread that broke the donkeys internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I quite agree P DIddy, We must be cautious not to let this banitis you speak of run out of control......LEST WE FORGET

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Did you bother reading the thread i linked to before you replied.

Of course I did.
    you were warned in the thread. then you got banned
    hence: ample warning.
    stop whinging for a while and take your ban on the chin.

here's some advice
    look at what you're posting,
    think about it,
    maybe write it down on a piece of paper, leave it for 5 or 10 mins,
    then come back and if it still seems like a worthwhile thing to post,
    you're probably wrong,

crash_000,

Goodness you have some memory. Believe me I do make mistakes, and err ;) . Just like most humans. I am also very absent minded, and my diction needs improvement.

As for my "ignore list", well all I can say about that is at the moment I have only one person on it (I think) but I am always looking for new candidates, as it seems to work for me and stops me from totally losing my head. Then posting something really OTT and thereby getting myself banned in to the bargain.

Hope that gives you a better insight into my mindset.

Be lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheElder

The Council of Elders supports UnrealQueen.
    Her threads were un-fairly locked.
    She was unfairly banned.
    Ivan has acted poorly as a moderator and his future actions shall be monitored by the Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Paddy20

As for my "ignore list", well all I can say about that is at the moment I have only one person on it (I think) but I am always looking for new candidates

Im on it 3 times.

I like Paddy20, he's helpful.
    Every time Im unsure about something he comes along and disagrees with me and proves Im right.

Love

S. :ninja:

Advertisement