Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[SPOILERS] ALL post Wrestlemania XX talk here!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Cena Vs Show
    Not even Cena could carry this one, Show is so slow he's only leaving the arena about now. (5/10)

Raw Tag Tiitle match
    Zzzzzzzz.......time for coffee (4/10)

Jericho Vs Cristian
    Good match, great heel turn, the first time in a long time the WWE have properly executed a story. (7/10)

Rock/Foley v Evolution
    Good Match with a good finish, fair dues to Mick for putting Orton over. (7/10)

Playboy match
    As expected an excuse for the Divas to show some skin. (5/10)

Cruiserweight match
    Disapointing in many ways, some great action but too short and it was obvious Chavo was going to win. (6/10)

Smackdown tag
    Slightly better then RAW and that's all that could be said for it. (5/10)

Womens Match
    Showed that the girls can wrestle, funny watching Molly get her GI Jane cut. (7/10)

Goldberg/Lesnar
    Even worse then I thought it'd be, only good thing was the crowds reaction (0/10)

Angle/Eddie
    Good match, clever finish (8/10)

Undertaker/Kane
    Good entrance, nice to see Paul Bearer again. Match as expected. (7/10)

Benoit/Michaels/Triple H
    Match of the night, good moves all round, all players sold each others moves and fair dues to HHH for taping to the crossface. Well done Benoit! (9/10)

Overall an O.K. WM The Tag divisions in Both brands need major work. The cruiserweights need to be let do their thing. And it's good to see that wrestling ability finaly counts for something. Bye Bye Brock & Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

The mid card was pretty sub-par... Cena - Show, jericho - christian, rock n sock - evolution, and the last three matches were the only ones worth talking about tbh.

RVD carried the RAW tag match(i only say that because he was trhe only one that did some actual wrestling moves; where the hell did jindick and cade go, didn't even get in.)

the SD tag match was ok but had so much more potential, elimaintion or nothing.

Christian nearly injured Jericho at least twice.

Ultimo, Noble and maybe Rey and Chavo were the best in the cruiserweight match. Thought they might have pushed ultimo after his first victory (billy kidman ouch with the shooting star press over the top, didn't get enough height)

Angle Eddie - still seem to come up with original ideas for Eddie's character, might be why he's so popular.

Undertaker - dead man gimmick alot better now. He's still the phenom but he more like the biker dood (let's hope he doesn't act like an outspoken prat like sometimes he does and leave paul bearer do the talking)

Benoit, about time they rewarded actual wrestlers. At one point HBK coukldn't keep up and I think HHH needed a bit of a hand too. Great match, Michaels gettin booed was good, shows how much fans wanted Benoit to win and how far he's come.

Mcmahon, you feel sorry with lesnar and goldberg match. Don't know did lesnar purposely not do a move (except a punch or two and f-5) or was he just disinterested. Austin should have kicked both their asses after 30 secs (even though not an Austin fan) I liked vince thanking the fans. Poor man been fecked about by the lads, surely you don';t think he's that bad a guy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I think it will be HHH/Lesnar at WW 21 what do yes think of that.My mates were at it in new York and had a blast at What I can gather and they held a rather offensive sign directed towards me as my mate while watching it live spotted them and saw the Irish Flag.They were in the fifth row and will definitely return next year even though it is in LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thought it was a nice touch to have two of the Radicalz in the ring at the end!
    It will be very interesting to see how SD pans out now without Brock.:dunno:

I want to watch WMXX again sober:rolleyes: but i still think it was just OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I was 100% sober and I thought it was terrible - if it wasn't for the main event it would have been a major disaster. For all the abuse Trips gets at least he put in a decent effort although Benoit was the real star.

As for Lesner vs Goldberg - what a disaster. Hope Goldberg never steps in a WWE ring again and as for Lesner I think I'd piss myself if I saw him on an NFL field. Let me say as a big American Football fan there is no chance in hell of him ever playing in the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

What was with the clip at the beginning of Vince, Shane and a baby (presumably, Shanes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Anyone else think the DDT Christian planted Jericho with was sick looking? Eugh. Decent match though. I fear it'll leave Jericho firmly implanted in mid-card purgatory for a few more months though.

Overall it was a pretty average PPV. Definitely enjoyed the last match most. Although Michaels did do his usual impression of a haemophiliac. Why does he have to bleed so much?

But kudos for putting the belt on Benoit. I'd say he can't wait to defend the title at Backlash in his home town.

The Angle Guerrero match was entertaining, as you'd come to expect from such talented workers as themselves.

I really enjoyed the crowd reaction to the Brock v Goldberg match. The look on Brock's face when the crowd got going was priceless. Good luck to Lesnar in his search to get into the NFL. He's gonna need it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I didn't think the Brock Goldberg match was that awful... was probably the most interesting match of the night in fact. I know the wrestling was terrible but so what? It was all about the crowd reaction, like an exact opposite of Rock Hogan at WMX8. The wrestling was irrelevant in the circumstances.

Kurt - Guerrero was a good match, but not as good as your typical Kurt PPV match I thought. I know these two are capable of more but it certainly wasn't disappointing.

Biggest disappointment had to be Taker, the match itself was reasonable, but he's just the exact same! And if Paul Bearer's gonna be there he could have at least done something...

The Rock was fantastic. Nobody does interviews like the Great One. Their match was quality Sports Entertainment too, had forgotten just how good the Rock is. Foley - Randy Orton kind of got overshadowed though I felt, after such a good build up I'd have preferred to see those two one on one and have the Rock do something else. Heck send him out to the ring on his own for half an hour he'll still be entertaining.

Triple Threat main event had to be match of the night, I expected Benoit to win but still couldn't believe it, especially that he made HHH tap. The match was good all the way through and had a great ending.

Of the other matches, Cena Bigshow and Y2J Christian were good but with such a long pay per view and so many big matches it was hard to concentrate at times, and the womens and tag team matches especially felt more like filler than anything else.

Average show all in all, be interesting to see what happens in the near future with so many big names leaving and with the Radicalz as champions it could be interesting to see how everything pans out. I personally don't see Brock coming back. He's still young, he hasn't been in the business for long, and he's decided its not for him. Nothing unusual in that, unfortunately for the WWE what is unusual is that he was already one of their top names despite his lack of experience and they'll have a tough time replacing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by James R
    What was with the clip at the beginning of Vince, Shane and a baby (presumably, Shanes)

it is shanes yea. when i saw that i was so expecting vince to announce that he was handing the business over to shane. it just had a passing the torch kinda look about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

vince probably suggested he was handing it over to shane. He may just be showing the mcmahons now and how shane and his son are the future dynasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I thought the opening shot of Vince in the shadows was great! He deffintly played Vince the chairman of WWE, and not Vince the power hungery tyrant. The opening movie was great. Very Wrestlemania.

Cena V Show was a terrible opener, and Im not gonna say it was Ok just cos Cena is the man. He looked seriously stoked to be at WM considering he was pushed out of 19 at the last mo last year. They both put on a terrible show, the end kinda restored a bit of credability to the opener.Nothing special...

(I will not comment on the following matches as I feel they were a total waste of our time and not worth mentoning: Raw and Smackers Tag Straps and Womens match)

Brock V Goldberg offended me. The crowd were totally entitled to cant the 2 like that. You go to an event and u spend the money you EARNED working on that ticket. You have the right to like it or hate it. And if you hate it... let them know you hate it. If we were all to stop chanting BORING or DONT COME BACK, and start a "WE ARE PERFECTLY SATISFIED WATCHING A MEDIOKER STANDARD MATCH BECAUSE WE ARE MARKS WITH NO BRAINS", the WWE would do what ever they wanted to do.

(Actually guys do u wanna try start that chant at the RAW show :) Come on! They would never forget Ireland!)

Im not gonna comment any more on this match yet cos Im still to angry.

Rock and Sock was a real wrestlemania match. MVP of that match was Flair. His geratric elbow was classic. The man as always. Foley looked a bit upset during the promo and end of the match.

Eddie and Kurt. Top guys top match! Great start, great end... More power to ya Eddie, Rock on Kurt... Nuff said.

Christain V Jericho, ie: Show stealer.
    Trish Turn was the shiznid. The best ending to a brilliant match by the 2 bets RAW stars. Bring on the world titles, get em while there hot! Speaking of hot... Good to see my old Trish back.... :D Trish: The next Female Legend!

HHH V Benoit V Shawn
    What was the WMXX moment we were thinking would happen, that one moment we knew WMXX would be remembered for. It was the tearful Benoit and Eddie celebration. Excellent match, worthy of remberence.

Unfortunitly all WMXX will be rembered for is that it was the 20th WM.

I actually no one commented on Kanes entrance. What was creative thinking with the september the 11th back drop. New York on fire? Look cool, but very disrespectful. New Taker was brillinat...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I'll be posting my thoughts on WMXX tomorrow, i've got mixed feelings on it so far, but i'm keeping stumb until i've watched it from start to finish.

Although it's nice to see the little guys getting their fair run at the top. For Benoit and Guerrero, it's a long time coming. Hopefully they'll give them a few months at it, especially Benoit as it'll give RAW some hope as opposed to being cannon fodder for Cripple H.

Nero

Forgot to mention that in my last post Nero.

Cripple H! Why the fuk didnt I think of that?

Nice!

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by Hanza
    Foley looked a bit upset during the promo and end of the match.

Probably killing him to put Orton over but I'd imagine that we'll see a 1v1 match with these two soon, maybe at Backlash - perhaps Hell In A Cell?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by James R

It was the backing up of the whole theme of where it all begins again. Vince started it, Shane will continue it, and then Shane's son will be next.

Reassuring as Mr Company Man LeVesque won't get his mits on it.
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Not a great show by any means.
    Taker (with new cowboy hat!) sucked.
    They tease it for SOoooo long and then do a half-a$Sed job like that?
    It was as if his costume didn't turn up or something and they found a hat for him to wear. SUcked.

SOrry, but was really lookin forward to it.

Goldberg vs Lesnar was a lousy match but good spectacle.
    Notice the way Lesnar is off the superstars bio thing, but Goldberg isn't?

MAin event stole the show.
    Overall was pretty disappointed.
    Draft might keep things interesting for a while.
    Would love if Benoit was forced to drop the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill

Would love if Benoit was forced to drop the title!

What kind of a nutcase are you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

O my god The Undertaker was hugely dissappointing he came out to his old brilliant music they had paul bearer they had the urn they had the eye thing he does here comes the s*it part THEY HAD HIM IN THE EXACT SAME F*CKIN CLOTHES AS THE BADDASS whats the point giving him a hat(which was nothing like the original one) and not having him wear his old Taker clothes. How can you people say that was brilliant. They built up my hopes so much then they just tore me down.

As for the HHH HBK Benoit i thought this was a brilliant match but Benoit winning it was a disaster all he did in the match was get the sh*t kicked out of him then try get the crossface on. Benoit is so boring. I was actually cheering for HHH in this one.

I'm surrounded by them :(

Was cheerin' for trips myself. HBK was gettin booed almost as bad as Goldberg so he couldn't have won it.
    Benoit feuds bore me silly. Hope the Radicalz get fuc*ed over really I do. I know you guys love them but no!.

• Advertisement

Did angle get injures in the match or was he injured if he was injured well then he didnt win because of that IMO. As for benoit the only word to sum up him is BORING hes boring on the mic and his matches are boring.

There seems to be two kinds of fans here: those who watch for the wrestling aspect, and those who watch for the entertainment aspect. Am I right?

Im a bit of both i like to be entertained by the storelines but i like good wrestling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Originally posted by Exit
    There seems to be two kinds of fans here: those who watch for the wrestling aspect, and those who watch for the entertainment aspect. Am I right?

I agree some people on this forum like the wrestling while other people enjoy watching the storylines and backstage goings on. I myself enjoy both aspects of wrestling.

Originally posted by Exit

Maybe your right Exit. But a large proportion of WM was boring, simple as that.
    Why are you watching WWE if you want pure wrestling?

I do enjoy the wrestling aspect but yeah I love a good gimmick, I love a shock return or a suprise ending( Finish with Orton was excellent).

Forgive us Exit but if that is the way we see it then we cannot be blamed. After all it's the Entertainment that is priority over wrestling in the writer's minds.

And by the way, your comments sound like you think your above us or something because of your love of pure wrestling as opposed to the entertainment factor.

I won't lie. I love surprises and shocks in wrestling, and I like well-written storylines.

I also really like good wrestling.

But I'd rather watch an hour of Benoit wrestle than an hour of promos and backstage stuff.

I know Benoit is crap on the mic, and I think he's crap in a matches that go under 10 minutes. But give him something 15-20+ and there aren't much better for pure wrestling skills.

btw, reason I only watch WWE is because it's all that's available to me at the moment.

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    And by the way, your comments sound like you think your above us or something because of your love of pure wrestling as opposed to the entertainment factor.

Just seeing this part now. I am ;)

Nah, seriously I just don't understand the Benoit (and Guerrero, and Angle??) hate. I know people are entitled to their opinions, but I just don't understand them. That's all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Benoit is fantastic he is the best thing to happen in a long while to WWE. The whole Main Event should be him, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero and possibly a few cruiser weights.

BENOIT! BENOIT! BENOIT!

The guy is fantastic. You can tell he learnt his trade in the Dungeon.

I too love the storylines but what good is a fantastic storyline with a crappy blow of match. Unfortunality for Benoit a lot of people dont remember his storylines just his matches {not his fault they are usually badly written} but the matches everyone remembers the matches. Remember against The Rock OMG top top top draw, and the every match he's had against Chris Jericho and oooo so many more. He shows what wrestling is about, its about time a lot of people learned from him *COUGH BROCK LESNAR!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

WWE is about Entertainment probably more than wrestling hench it being referred to as Sports Entertainment but at the end of the day it is the matches that count not the storys.

Take WMXX for example. If you were basing the event on storys then Brock and Lesnar would be excellent but the fact of the matter was it wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Brock and Goldberg was pants.Benoit I think will do well as champ as Vince trys to make the actual wrestling instead of the entertainment aspect of WWE his main selling point of the company.I think Vince is moving with the times it looks like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

has anyone managed to listen to the interview with brock on kfan.com? i cant seem to get it to play properly, all im getting is ads. u can get it here http://www.kfan.com/fanclub/thankyou_listen.html

No way it will be an open lottery even though WWE is giving the impression it is.There will be a few main changes taking place but thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

it would be fun if they actually did a lotary and not a scripted one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

that would be really funny if that happened. It might actually work out better if they did that, imagine all the top guys on one show o how lack luster the other show would be...o wait they already done that, I wonder was it scripted :dunno: lol.

Matt Hardy and Lita will be on one show. They have that in writing.

I think it would be great to see HHH on a seperate show to the rest of Evolution. He isnt doing anything for them anyway. It would be great to see Ortan taking the evolution raynes. Cripple H aint doing nothing for Evolution, they are just there to make him look better.

Does any one think Edge will make a return on Raw next week?

I can also see Benoit going to Smackdown and leaving the belt on RAW. Benoit is too good at playing the under dog. I glad hes the champ, but do you think they might try and recreate the WCW firing thing?

Hope Matt Hardy gets on a show that he gets a better push on.

Hanza

Advertisement