Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Shock 2

• 14-03-2004 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I recently downloaded this ( its legit ! - not that it would stop me if it wasnt ) and Its an excellent futuristic horror FPS RPG game :) . I suggest you all try it . So far im on a ship and the computer has gone crazy , the computer controls all the security systems. The crew have some sort of disease and are zombied up.

Its quite scary , crew have hung themselfs or cut their wrists and theres dead bodies all over the ship , theres also stuff written in blood all over the walls , you have stats and skills ( RPG ) style and even mind powers . You can also get hacking skills etc ( v.deus exish ).

Its an old game but theres a patch for higher rez graphics ,it looks similar to hal life in apperance.you can download it from here without videos and its only 250 odd mbs :)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3924

gimmy your thoughts !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Definately one of the scariest games ive ever played. The lighting, the sounds effects the music, the general scenario all give it a definate creepy vibe. Just dont play at 3 in the morning in the dark with a cup of tea in your hand :) - tea can be hot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I have a copy of SS2, and it doesn't seem to work on windows 2000/XP machines. I might be wrong though, Just thought I'd let you know before you download it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

id have to say i read about it and then bought it and thought it was crap.
    Yeah there was an atmosphere but it was more of one of helplessness as u got mauled by zombie lads.
    Give me me Final Doom anyday as a horror game
    Scared the **** out of me manys the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im running XP , works grande.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to try it some time. I got the original System Shock when I was in america for $2 but haven't played it yet since I'm too lazy to set up a win 98 partition.

If you want another scary game try Undying. Extremely underrated. Its worth the price for the skeletons alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved Realms Of The Haunting... came out about 9 or 10 years ago, I think. Cheesy FMV (with actors), pretty good 3D engine (at the time), but it was the atmosphere that I loved - scary as hell. "Do humans still ... bleed?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by TmB
    I loved Realms Of The Haunting... came out about 9 or 10 years ago, I think. Cheesy FMV (with actors), pretty good 3D engine (at the time), but it was the atmosphere that I loved - scary as hell. "Do humans still ... bleed?"

It is a fantastic game, one of the best I got off you, bet you regret selling it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh.... no, not really. Enjoyable the first time, but I wouldn't play through it again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Is this available to buy again? Home of the Underdogs seem to think so...

I can't find anywhere to download it, and though Im pretty sure its against rules to post where, can you tell me if its still available to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Fantastic game, only thing to actualy scare me that I can remember. All those suicides, zombies moaning "kill me", and those ghosts. Such a great atmosphere, and all you've got is a wrench to beat them to death with. I really want to get a full version of the first game, but it seems impossible to find("If you go into that room, I will kill you").

• Advertisement

Crap on a unicycle, is this game creepy...even if some bizarre Win2K problem means it flickers all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I tried installing this and I couldent get it working, i must give it another go seeing as i forgot i even had it.

Damn! I had a guide to running it on the various OS's bt I can't find it...its floating around the net somewhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i installed the abandonware version, played for 10-15 mins. saved & shut down my pc and from that point on, it refused to play properly. i'd just get a blank screen if i tried going to new game/loading a saved game.
    fairly bizzare seeing as it stayed like this even after a hard drive format:confused:
    (i even tried it in win98 on a spare hd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Has to be one of my all time favourate games. I suggest anyone who's sick of the run of the mill fps that we're getting these days to give it a try. Sadly it seems unlikely that we'll see a SS3 due to the developers splitting and concentrating on the Thief series.

Advertisement