Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTF Sunday on Cavan Combat

Options
  • 14-03-2004 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

lo all,

Bored? Nothing to do on a Sunday? Yea, I know how it is...

Just for a change from the usual conquest maps we play on Cavan Combat, I'm gonna try out CTF today and see what it's like for a whole evening with diff maps.

Is the server passworded?
    No

Are TIG playing on the same side?
    Sure, if we sort it out on the server

What's the timelimit/rounds/capturelimit?
    The server is set to two rounds of each map, with 3 caps per round being the limit, and a timelimit for 45 minutes per round. Which means you may be playing the same map for 1 hour 30 mins, just so you know ;)

What are the maps?
    • berlin
    • bocage
    • dc_basrah_nights
    • dc_basrahs_edge
    • dc_desertshield
    • dc_no_fly_zone
    • el_alamein
    • gazala
    • dc_al_khafji_docks

Unsure of the order of rotation, seems to be random atm, can't figure why. Probably one of you messin' with it.

If you think of another good map you've played you'd like to add, ask a server admin to add it to the list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hope to get on around 8'ish or so. Looking forward to it.

The Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Me's not TiG, but me's gonna be on in 5 minutes :)

[TiG]Chunks, [TiG]Darkireland, [TiG]Dataisgod and [TiG]TheHairyFairy are on now, tho (according to ASE).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

well I just got done playin the ctf night some good games and I got my ass handed to me on more than one occasion. CTF with DC is a whole nother world from my BF CTF experience..def much harder and I found it tough going. I'm used to expaking flag (its fairly standard in BF CTF) and things like that and I was surprised its a no no in DC still I live and learn..sorry Fairy for getting u that time but I didn't know.

Its too bad that Berlin was so short..I was only getting into the swing when Lucutus capped the final flag..I saw you even tried to stall lol

GG's

No worries IK.

I'm sort of 50/50 on using c4. If you are up against a good team it's impossible not to use it.

I hope everyone nejoyed it. I was as hung over as hell and never really got going but thats life.

Catch you all online soon.

The Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I think my hatred for Ctf is well documented but in saying that I really really enjoyed berlin and el al ctf yesterday.

could it be my cold heart is melting and im begining to accept the whole idea of it?

much prefer defending than attacking. specially on berlin. god i enjoyed keeping watch over the back alley on coalition side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You certainly are a man who likes keeping an eye on backalleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

you are a sick minded man

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    No worries IK.

I'm sort of 50/50 on using c4. If you are up against a good team it's impossible not to use it.

I hope everyone nejoyed it. I was as hung over as hell and never really got going but thats life.

Catch you all online soon.

The Fairy.

agreed - when up against a good team its necessary not only to have one engineer expak a flag but 2. Most teams sacrifice one guy to clear the expaks then try to snatch the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    Most teams sacrifice one guy to clear the expaks

And his name is forever remembered and decorated with medals....

Never got to join in on Sunday, was too busy working. Pity, I was looking forward to a few rounds of al khafji docks on CTF. And next weekend I'll be too busy in Vietnam to be playing. Ah Friday, cant wait.

Winters - I was scanning the net and came across a few poor reviews of the game and one in particular has got me worried, apparently it has a problem with radeon 9800 cards and settings have to be set at low or medium...I really hope this is scare mongering by twats as this is what I have and I have been looking forward to vietnam too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    Winters - I was scanning the net and came across a few poor reviews of the game and one in particular has got me worried, apparently it has a problem with radeon 9800 cards and settings have to be set at low or medium...I really hope this is scare mongering by twats as this is what I have and I have been looking forward to vietnam too!

It would be. There is NO problem with any card running the game [as long as it meets the minimum requirements]. The lead designer of Battlefield: Vietnam, AJ Marini was asked if the 9800 worked during a community interview and this is what he had to say:
    Fizban30: In a recent statement the 9800 was quoted as not working with BFV, has this changed since the game has gone gold?
    AJ: People say the stupidest sh*t
    AJ: Yes - of course it works
    Stealth97: lol
    Evil_Homer: I have ATI 9800 and it works fine
    Soldier-Micah: I hate people.
    Stealth97: k
    Stealth97: next question is
    Evil_Homer: Same goes for Nvidia 5950

From FPScentral/BF-v.com Battlefield: Vietnam Community Interview

So, it is pure crap. The card works grand. All you have to do is wait till Friday to play :)

thanks Winters - has put my mind at ease :)

Pity there is no CTF in it.

Is there any idea of when an Irish server might be up and running?

The Fairy.

I have a notion CTF may be added..or can be set up..possibly in a future mod..if its true I will also be disappointed. However, I have also read that the weapons are a lot more powerful and if tis is that case it will just be like DC and I will find CTF just as hard as I did the other night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

As of yesterday theres one running on games1.iol.ie

I still need to think of a stupid name for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Offaly Offense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

limrick combat come stab and shoot your way to the top!

(much like the real city) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Viet-Navan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by the_syco
    Viet-Navan :D

i like it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Alas, Lucutus suggestion has prevailed.

• Advertisement

I agree..Viet Navan is classic :D