Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Options
  • 14-03-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Hi there was a short power cut in our house and upon rebooting my brothers machine i get as far as the login s creen and then get this error
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What can i do to sort this appart from re-installing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

What operating system is it?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

If so, try removing any PCI/AGP cards you have one at a time and reboot to see if one is causing a problem. If no luck with that, remove a stick of memory at a time to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'm getting old sorry I should have included that info

its running win2k
    atm im going to try repair the install and if that fails then ill go down the road of remove test replace.

cheeers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually associated with a dll or other file. Try reading further into the error message which should detail the file in which the problem is occurring. This will either pinpoint the prob or narrow it down greatly.

And what mbroaders said. It's possible some hardware was corrupted in the outtage.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

found this was caused by a corrupt video driver a couple of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I got this error when the voltage on my ram was too low ... (Abit IC7-G)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Retry in safe mode or last good boot - sometimes this works - if VGA mode works then it's the video driver.

Do you get any more information - it should mention a sys file or an address (at least in NT4 you could see which file was using the memory where the GPF occured)

Hope the power cut was not lightening related - if so then try removing the modem first ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

heh sorry lads the impatient bugger threw the drive into this pc and got what he wanted off and formatted thanks anyways for your help

Advertisement