Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you currently downloading?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah same here, i will part my money where i know that it will be well worth it, im buying Unreal Tournment 2004 in the morning just so i can play it online etc and also will buy my copies of Doom3 and Half Life 2. As for FarCry ive downlaoded the 1st demo of it and didnt like it at all, it also ran very poorly on my p2.4ghz with geforce 4600ti so im gonna give the full game a miss. I also spend alot of money on Xbox and Gamecube games. As for movies/divxs i dont bother with those as the quality are never great, I buy the dvds that I want so i can play them anywhere, bring to friends houses etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

How i was just wondering what download spped you guys get? im still on my 56k modem waiting for broadband to reach my area. i get 3.00kb tops :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i get 54 kbs im with eircom radsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by irishpal25
    How i was just wondering what download spped you guys get? im still on my 56k modem waiting for broadband to reach my area. i get 3.00kb tops :mad:

If you are only getting 3kb max on 56k then i'd be worried ;)

Only 56k you should get 4.5kb providing you are just downloading.. not surfing etc.

For broadband your average speed is between 45kb-54kb.

Maybe you have a crappy phoneline with bad quality and your modem cant negotiate a faster speed.. maybe you just have a crap modem... maybe you live in the country and your phone pole is rotten and the copper cables exposed to the elements :) Maybe maybe maybe... you will have to wait and see when they test your line but don't get your hopes up...

People in brand new houses get line failures... Suppose it depends a great deal on the exchange and whether the last eircom technician was eating digestive buscuits and dropped a few crumbs in between the cables ;)

X

does anyone know whats up with novasearch
    its turned into a email service? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I think its about time that bans were handed out for references to warez sites. People just are not getting the picture.

If i was a mod (which i'm not,. which for some is a good thing), i'd have laid down more 1 week bans than you can count on your fingers by this stage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i get between 48 and 56kb/sec with eircom radsl, usually hoovers around 54kb/sec.

I started about 5 years ago with a crappy fresh new 28.8bps split line then wanted ISDN so eircom unsplit my line and had 64/128bps ISDN installed, then 2 months ago broadband came to my area, my isdn line failed the test but after alot of phonecalls to eircom my line then suddenly passed a week later.

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    I think its about time that bans were handed out for references to warez sites.

What references? Coz if you are talking about filesharing apps then you are way off the ball.

But I agree with you, if people are putting warez links such as http://www.getyourwarezhereitsfree.com (before you ban me again that site doesn't exist). Then they should get banned coz there is no other purpose for sites like that other than to provide illegal copyrighted software.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Ban 'em all! :D

tuxx's post (just above mine) shows a perfect example.

In my opinion, thats a ban

• Advertisement

why i didnt link to any sites, and the site i mention is a email provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by tuxx
    its turned into a email service? :confused:
    How is that post mentioning anything to do with wares, he's just saying that novasearch has turned into an email service.

By the way click the search button on the main site (not novasearch, the main one), if you want to search.

thanks i some how missed that link im blind :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

* Mutant_Fruit just lost himself up the mods ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    * Mutant_Fruit just lost himself up the mods ass
    Mutant_Fruit has a point. The multiple threads/general muppetry is starting up again here.
    Granted it's not as bad as it used to be, but for a forum with 3 mods it's a bit much sometimes.

well even though the rules say zero tolerance policy about warez that isnt the case and sure if thats the way they want to mod the boards thats fine its up to them

Originally posted by tuxx
    well even though the rules say zero tolerance policy about warez that isnt the case and sure if thats the way they want to mod the boards thats fine its up to them
    I'd imagine the Admins would look at it differently.
    The mods, in fairness, do lock/delete/mod warez posts. But people don't seem to be able to contain themselves around here, and the mods don't seem to be on alot so these threads get out of hand.

Rightio then, i'll explain my previous comment.

novasearch.net used to be a search engine for a warez site, i'm pretty sure most people here know what one i'm talking about.
    its turned into a email service?

That too me is a reference to the search engine for that warez site. He was wondering why that address no longer links to said warez site. Naming/linking warez sites, and search engines of warez sites, is against the board rules, which is why i made that comment.

Of course, you can always try and prove me wrong... in which case, i'll apologise.

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    I'd imagine the Admins would look at it differently.
    The mods, in fairness, do lock/delete/mod warez posts. But people don't seem to be able to contain themselves around here, and the mods don't seem to be on alot so these threads get out of hand.

I disagree I think the mods are on the ball... I got banned the other week for posting filesharing links. And from what I've seen very soon after a "bad" link like that is placed the mod has removed all the links...

Id love to know what this means...

"general muppetry"

X

Originally posted by Xcellor
    I disagree I think the mods are on the ball...
    Sometimes, yes they are. That is why I said "The mods, in fairness, do lock/delete/mod warez posts"

• Advertisement

i dont think many users of this forums will have problems with the way its modded

Well I certainly have no problem with the mods here. There are a couple of policies that I feel are a bit over the top but other than that tiz all fine.

When I got banned I didn't complain coz I deserved it. Quite frankly I wouldnt have blamed the admin for banning me completely because of my "I'm going to be a rebel today" attitude. But fair play to the mod who only gave me a week ban because of my otherwise "normal" enough posts previously.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Southpark 801

Yet another S to the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:D i was off pimping myself on Battlefeild Vitnam (which i bought btw)

anyway this has got a bit out of hand/off topic soooooo lock time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement