Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Security CDs

• 14-03-2004 11:10pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi-

pop to www.microsoft.ie/protect

You can order a copy of all the critical updates for your operating system (and there are loads of the sodding things) for free.

It would be nice to think Microsoft were being nice giving out the CDs free- but then it is their buggy software that they are patching in the first place.....

I am guessing that there will be a whole stable of new bugs and patches before the CD ever arrives, but then again maybe I am cynical.....?

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thanks great link for us 56K'ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Heres another one.

You get two disks - one useless - but the other not mentioned is a very useful full but time limited version of Visual Studio.Net 2003 on DVD

90 Days usage I think -

Again free and free postage - but it took weeks to get to me.

http://216.162.203.249/speech/ordersdk.asp?EventType=dl

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Great links, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

:D thanks guys, beats downloading them with 56k :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anyone else got more links for free cd's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

You can ring M$, ask for Direct Services and you can request free service pack cds :)

It is what it's.

Advertisement