Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Standby Option

Options
  • 15-03-2004 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I have HP Pavilion t340.uk. When I installed windows 2000 on it, I had standby option on the menu to make the PC to go into Standby mode.

But recently I found out that there is no standby option, but only 3 options
    1. Logout user 2. restart 3. shutdown

I checked out the Advanced power options but didn't help me out to get that option nor in the BIOS. Don't know whats the problem ?

My question: How can standby option disabled/vanished automatically which was working fine for the past 3 months after installation ?

If any of you lads any tweaks on how to enable Standby option in windows 2000.

Thanks a million,

ww)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tweakui has options to enable this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

I have tweakUI configured on my machine. But I couldn't find any options on it though. Could you please point out to the tweakUI that you are using.

thanks very much (Giblet)
    ww)

Advertisement