Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Question.....

• 15-03-2004 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Ivan/ TomTom If ya wanna close or delete this thread thats fine.......

Just wondering what your thoughts on this are?
    Had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine on thursday night after going to scraggs(DJ), Dinn Ri (Karaoke) and then Tully's (DJ)

How many of you people would sooner go to a pub with live music till 12/12:30 instead of the usual DJ's EVERYWHERE on thursday nights??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Think that i would, it makes a change to the crap thatsome of the DJ's play all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I can remember when I was in 1st year. A friend of mine name Pearl, was having her 21st.

She invited me & francis, so naturally, we went.

I cant remember the name of the pub we went to but it was Karaoke that night.
    We all got extremely rat-faced, as per usual, and most of the lads, myself including (but not francis, cos he's a giant girl) got up on the stage.

We sang, "You've lost that loving feeling" from topgun.

Absolutely, the best laugh I've ever had, brilliant night out.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

So, on that note, I'd like to recommend Karaoke.

Its absolutely brilliant fun, after a few drinks you completely forget the fact that your making a complete idiot of yourself.

So, I'd have to say live(karaoke) music over a dj.

Also, a live band over a dj, anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd prefer a decent DJ till all hours but it is carlow so thats never gonna happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

one of galway's redeeming features : live music in most pubs most nights. tbh nobody likes/cares for DJ's. they are there so students will drink quicker(to a beat i'll have you know!).

i'd much prefer to see a bad live band than a DJ.

Well in a pub, id listen to anything really. A good rebel band will do but in a niteclub I'd rather have a decent dj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

you know Dempsey, you are on my ignore list for a reason. i'll presume you have not figured out why yet.

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    you know Dempsey, you are on my ignore list for a reason. i'll presume you have not figured out why yet.

That ignore list isnt working too well if yer responding to my posts. Ya wanna get it looked at

[EDIT] I misread, thought people were on about niteclubs not pubs[/EDIT]

The 2 of ye are about 1 spammy post each from being temp banned.

Keep this thread on topic please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Buzz's do kareoke some nights, and also has the odd live band.
    Dinn Ri does kareoke on Sunday nights, me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

God, I've had nightmares about karaoke's, where i work theres one every second week and my god do i hate them. I wouldn't mind a good live band the odd time, as long as it's not just another strokes-nirvana-rage against the machine cover band........but thats all we seem to get in the land of students. Anythings better than the white noise that comes out of the edge theses days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

I'm all for live bands, as it was said I believe, Buzz's have them the odd time - although doing cover's not always good, as I die a little inside each time I hear someone trying to cover Dylan, Moore, any other _good_ band/singer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

blue moose do some good covers and big generator are good too and have a fair bit of their songs

Originally posted by Ruaidhri

i'll persume he wouldn't really give a **** about your ignore lise

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I think I would be in favour of live bands and Karoke(Yes I have been known to do it once or twice...)or get a good D.J. that plays good music but make sure enough people are intrested to do that first(I am meaning rock and Indie people here...)if it can be organised I am sure it could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

i like a good dj as much as the next person, but a bit of variety would be nice! a good live band would be nice every once in awhile. monday nite in scraggs is pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

DJ's suck piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Stephen: DJ's suck piss.

I agree!

get a band to play some G n' R and thin lizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭walter

You called? :)

Indeed i did!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by walter
    Indeed i did!

Walter, whoever you are. Quit spamming the forum, edit your own posts if you have something to add.

Please try to stay on topic, if its not too much to ask.

sowwy :x

Originally posted by walter
    sowwy :x

uh-oh, you's in trouble for spammin again ya poohead :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do the tower not have a band on thusday nights anymore?
    The majority of the bands in buzzs are quie good but it tends to be the same ones again and again,
    Scraggs used to have them sometimes too but not as often as they could have,
    Joyces not have music on a thursday anymore either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    The majority of the bands in buzzs are quie good but it tends to be the same ones again and again,

Haven't seen a good one yet - unless your definition of good is songs being bastardised at a level no one who enjoys music should have to tolerate ;/

actually I think that *is* her definition of good..

what a funny coincidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Mordeth
    actually I think that *is* her definition of good..

what a funny coincidence
    And wot sort of music do you listen to? Non-metal music?

Eee god brain!

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    Haven't seen a good one yet - unless your definition of good is songs being bastardised at a level no one who enjoys music should have to tolerate ;/

for reading pleasure can i request that elitist comments on the subject be kept to a minimum (as moonbeam and mordeth were both saying, which reminds me sycho can all knight in shining armours please await the fairy tale to begin before jumping to the damsels defence :):):)

Originally posted by loismustdie
    (
    You should close your brackets Jenny

• Advertisement

the smileys probably threw her off....she's a bit slow

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

actually I think that *is* her definition of good
    Stop tryin to think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    You should close your brackets Jenny

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Ivan / TomTom this is gone waaaayyy off topic ..... Think it has served its purpose. My question was answered to a majority of Live Music Rocks and DJ's don't.

This can be closed whenever you're ready!

what the **** is it lately with people thinking they can tell mods when to close threads?

if tomtom or ivan feel the thread oughta be closed it will be closed, they don't need people to tell them when to do it.
    if the decision to close threads means that much to you, then pm an admin and beg to be made mod, you might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you mean like you did??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mordeth
    what the **** is it lately with people thinking they can tell mods when to close threads?

if tomtom or ivan feel the thread oughta be closed it will be closed, they don't need people to tell them when to do it.
    if the decision to close threads means that much to you, then pm an admin and beg to be made mod, you might get lucky.
    His thread was ruined by spam(partly my fault), he should have some say in closing the thing.

if users could close their own threads, there wouldn't be much need for a mod..

{edit}

I begged to be mod?

you got anything to back this up, or couldn't you think of anything better?

Thread closed, before this goes any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement