Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The old "Henry to Madrid" chestnut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well you can never say never, but Henry has repeatedly stated his happiness at Arsenal and desire to remain there - I guess if Arsenal get a gigantic offer i.e. north of 60 mil they might go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Well you can never say never, but Henry has repeatedly stated his happiness at Arsenal and desire to remain there - I guess if Arsenal get a gigantic offer i.e. north of 60 mil they might go for it.

I dont believe Madrid will have that type of money this year, They are just playing their usual game on unsettling their transfer targets but Henry appears to be commited to the Gunners so I think it is very unlikely to happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

it looks like ljungberg is the one who might be moving.

Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg has broken ranks from the rest of his team-mates, stating he would not rule out a move away from Highbury.
    Vice-president David Dein revealed over the weekend that Barcelona had made a fresh bid for Thierry Henry but were rebuffed in their efforts, with the striker himself continually stating he does not wish to leave North London.

Sweden international Ljungberg, though, has reacted to reports Real Madrid are monitoring his situation at the Premiership leaders, with the goalscoring midfielder refusing to rule out a move to Los Galacticos.

Full Article

Barcelona will have to bid alot of money to get Arsenal to accept it. I dont think he will go but who can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Typical of Real to say they want one player while they are really interested in another. They did it at united last year saying they wanted RVN while it was really beckham they were after. IMO all this is an attempt to Unsettle the morale at highbury, time will tell if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by doozerjack
    Isnt this usually the first step in a player joining Madrd?

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_103622.shtml

I think he means it when he says he wants to stay and achieve at Arse, but if they flop again in Europe this year, wonder how that might change things . . .

*sigh* its not gonna happen, why do you people insist on bringing up these trolling topics.

"flop" in Europe, by which you mean what? They're in the QF's and favourite to go through. What exactly do you mean by flop?

This smacks of a flame-generating thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Bloody hell, how many times does the guy have to say he's completely committed to Arsenal......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by syke
    "flop" in Europe, by which you mean what? They're in the QF's and favourite to go through. What exactly do you mean by flop?
    I was wondering the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

agreed, henry is just not interested in a move and has stated that numerous times, maybe in the far future ie 3 years or more but at least not until ashburton grove opens in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

its madrids policy now to bring in superstars each summer and at the moment, henry is top of their list

give arsenal 40-50 mil and henry will be on his to madrid!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Chelsea already offered £50m and were refused, did they not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by kaids
    Chelsea already offered £50m and were refused, did they not?

yes, yes they did.

Henry wont be sold freddie is a different story though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

They're in the QF's and favourite to go through. What exactly do you mean by flop?
    Maybe if they didnt go through despite being favourites.:rolleyes:
    henry is just not interested in a move and has stated that numerous times

Do you really think he is going to admit to wanting to leave arsenal when they are doing well. Just like Beckham last year he will say he doesnt want to go right up to the point the offer is accepted(if it actually happens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

The word "troll" is brandished around pretty unwarrentedly on this site, if someone is stating their opinion and it conflicts with someone else they are blatently trolling.

Anyway Arsenal are in with a strong chance of winning the CL, why would anyone move from the european champions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think that it won't happen because I think once Henry leaves it means that Wenger will be leaving, and I don't see that happening for a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by crowl
    Maybe if they didnt go through despite being favourites.:rolleyes:
    I don't think it will be classed as a flop in Europe if they get beaten by Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

Originally posted by midget lord
    Anyway Arsenal are in with a strong chance of winning the CL, why would anyone move from the european champions?

sher how would henry move from the european champions when he is playing for arsenal
    milan are the european champions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

he has said it again and again how much he loves arsenal, he is not going anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Maybe Barca will take him......doubt it.....dont see him leaving unless Viera is sold.....then Wenger wud be off and closely followed by Henry!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/04/03/16/SOCCER_Barcelona_Henry.html

Advertisement