Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend in Galway

• 15-03-2004 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Just back from Galway after a great weekend trip with a few mates and I have to say- as a city, it is the most fun ever!

Been there a few times for weekends over the last couple of years and the pubs, clubs and people are absolutely fantastic! Way better than Dublin where I live and even the girls were gorgeous and aplenty! (no offense intended but this tends to be a problen in certain areas of Ireland!)

Im sure those who live in or near Galway probably will notice the extreme novelty value of my view of the place as i only go up the odd time but still- I am well travelled when it comes to Ireland (though I know im not saying anything new here) and I really think Galway is top class for late teens and twenty somethings!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

was planning a weekend in galway with a few lads for the start of june. You've just put this plan into action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im 23 and im lucky enough to live in galway, If you enjoyed it now, wait till the summer is in full swing, I really dont think there is a place like it Ireland, Such an atmosphere, Also when the sun is really shining (we can hope) its a short walk out to salthill, or if you driving, spiddal is only 15 min away. My parents Live in spiddal and i live in salthill so im blessed!

I recommend any big weekend of the summer, maybe not race week, as that can be a bit too much! But there will always be something crazy going on!

Its a pity that Eyre Square is being ripped apart for the next 18Months, was great for drinking on a sunny day and checking out the ladys.

Viva la Galway!

Sean

Galway Fact: Ernesto "Che" Guevara's Grandmother is from Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by rabbitinlights

Galway Fact: Ernesto "Che" Guevara's Grandmother is from Galway

ha ha ha haha haha hahaha ahaha!!:D :D:p

I dont have a sig but this is going to be it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

and so is Ming the Merciless

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Senor_Fudge
    and so is Ming the Merciless
    Roscommon, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

really?
    and that was part of my galweigan pride that fact was!
    thanks for bursting my cannabis bubble man :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Proof

His full name is: Ernesto "Che" Guevara Lynch

Odd but true.

Now all we have to do is find prove that he drank Buckfast, then he will really be a galway man.

Nice sig by the way!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Robbo
    Roscommon, methinks.

knock roe
    castlerea
    co. roscommon to be exact ;)

now, who would like to know which bog he does his planting in?
    bribes accepted to the highest bidder

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Can't wait to go up there now. For college and for a weekend this summer! Woow!

Advertisement