Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freeloader with mario kart doubledash

Options
  • 15-03-2004 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

right here we go

when i was in america last summer i bought a gamecube, yes an american one.

get home, rarely play it, used my mates action replay as a freeloader from time to time if there was games i wanted to play

now i went and i bought mario kart double dash, and it wont load... any suggestions anybody?

i have ordered the most recent freeloader v1.06b from play.com..... will that load it up for me?

any suggestions/comments will be helpful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=81&products_id=1964&
    according to that, its compatible with all gamecube regions... so i can't see why it shouldn't work on an ntsc console...
    can't recall hearing anything about mario kart not working with freeloader, they bundle the 2 together on liksang, so there shouldn't be any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

thanks for your reassuring post!

it should arrive in the next few days so ill let ya's know if it works or not

methinks i should just import games from the states! i hear its cheaper to do it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As an adjacent question to this thread, I just received the freeloader disc but it will not run in my GC. Does anyone know if there are different regions of the freeloader disc so that I may have received the american one??

ok update,

got the disc, and eventually got mario kart to load so woo hoo let the fun begin :D

there are alternate ways it turns out of getting games to load, the first being you just put in the the freeloader and then the game, the second being that you turn on your gamecube, put in the freeloader but dont actually press start to run it, wait until it loads up then put in the game.. the final way, which is the way i get it to work is if you load up the freeloader, press z, or R, cant remember right now and you get the american, european and japanese flags up, select the flag of the game you are trying to run and the flag stays in the corner of the screen.. then just put the game in
    As an adjacent question to this thread, I just received the freeloader disc but it will not run in my GC. Does anyone know if there are different regions of the freeloader disc so that I may have received the american one??

i ordered the freeloader disc off of play.com, its freeloader 1.06b or so, what one do you have, where did you get it and what region cube do you have?

it should load up no matter what region your cube is i think, thats the whole point!

Originally posted by krattapopov

i ordered the freeloader disc off of play.com, its freeloader 1.06b or so, what one do you have, where did you get it and what region cube do you have?

it should load up no matter what region your cube is i think, thats the whole point!

I got mine from play.com as well and it was the v1.06b. I have the silver zelda version of GC. krattapopov : Did your freeloader box have the UK flag on yours. Mine didn't (i have returned it as a faulty disc) although the pic on the website had. I wonder did I just get a bad'un?

• Advertisement

Did your freeloader box have the UK flag on yours.

no uk flag on mine, just a US one and a japanese flag, but it does sound strange to me, and fact being it probably was faulty in some way if it didnt even load up!!

Cheers

I just hope they don't send me the same one back. I forgot to subtly mark the box when I was returning it...:dunno:

Advertisement