Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got mine today :)

Now I just have to sit through an entire day of work before I play it.
    3 discs? You'd think they'd just put them on DvD at this stage. Alot of advertsiments in the manual etc....hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

stupid gamestop hadn't got it on the system this morning and i want that fancy copy that winters mentioned they had with the music on a seperate cd. if i get a chance i'll pop into town this evening on the way home and get a copy

When I asked in Gamestop last night the guy said they wouldn't have any copies for 2-3 weeks:confused: He rang the other branches aswell and they said the same thing.

Gobshites.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i should have mine in a hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

50 quid in gamestop with the 'free' music cd, (called Good Morning Vietnam, just seems to be a generic, 'soundtrack to the 60's' cd), Cyas on server later, Rev's gonna rename it Viet-Navan btw, simply because it's cooler and navan rhymes with cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

just picked mine up..29.99 (sterling) not bad I thought! I'm gonna get it up and running in an hour or so I hope the bugger works now!. Was surprised there were 3 discs too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Lowsy games suppliers and no show couriers *mummble mumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Poxy play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Got mine for 50yoyos allso. Waiting for work to finish and play soccer after so it will be about 8before i get playing.

Will look around for an irish server to play in.

VietNavan games1.iol.ie

• Advertisement

oh god lord it plays like **** man :rolleyes:

even at the very lowist settings it jerks along like a son of a bitch

Fair enough i only have a 5200 in the pc at the mo but come on !! on a 2600xp 512meg pc2700 ram 5200fx you THINK it would be playable but its not.....ERR hate to say this but might be best to give it a miss till its patched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Is it another one of these "patch it straight after the install on release day" jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Thats wierd:confused: Im runnin it on a P4 2.4 256MBram Radeon 9000 pro and I can play it on medium settings no bother.
    (thats with AA on as well:confused: )

seems to be

Nividia drivers seem to have a problem 9800 isnt fully supported 9700 haveing problems....etc etc etc

If this is a bug its a game breaking bug tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

for the record running mine at 1152x864 max setting - no problems (single player).

my specs:
    AMD 2800+
    1 Gig pc3200 ram
    9700pro 128mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

hmm, doesn't bode well for my Athlon 1800, 512 RAM and Radeon 7200 then?

running fine for me also max settings at 1024*768.

i picked up the copy in game as it was €45 it has 3 cd's but not music cd i didn't get the one in gamestop as i thought it was the same i.e. didn't say anything special on the box anyone know whats up with that?

data

k i got it running and it rocks i wuv it :D

download the lateist drivers from nvidia (56.65 or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Mine didn't arrive in the post today either. Arse. Monday it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Gamestop were very silly enough not to have it onsale this morning. Very silly indeed. Bought my copy in Game for €45 along with Jim.

A nice big 3 disc's.

• Advertisement

yeah very unprofessional imo, smyths and game had it and i go into the shop and there the gang of workers is mostly just standing round, game is the cheapest which i found amusing even cheaper if you have one of there card things which is quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

40.49 Euro in Game with a membership card.

I think it is decent enough though. Well enjoyed playing it. Though the fighters are slow and turn like dogs.

Looks like the battles will really heat up once everyone stops shooting at bushes because they have a gun they havent seen before. Overall I'm not impressed but excited. Gameplay should be class.

Whats the new Cavan combat server called for BF Vietnam again? cant find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Viet-Navan @ Ireland Online

its on games1.iol.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keyser Soze

AFAIK this is what the UnOfficial fix does to solve the refresh probs
    <SNIP>
    This is a simple fix for you guys having troble launching BF42 Vietnam, its a refresh rate issue which can be resolved by either going into
    Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings
    and editing VideoDefault.con
    and set renderer.allowAllRefreshRates to 1
    Happy gaming!
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Some of you have been looking for the Unofficial lagfix and have been complaining about the FPScentral mirror. Login and waiting problems so I have a quick mirror setup on my boards webspace. Download the zip and install the .exe file inside. Make sure you have the correct install path too.

icon-bfv.gifUnofficial BF: Vietnam Lag Fix (500kb)
    » http://members.boards.ie/winters/bfvietnam_lagfix.zip [ Boards.ie ]
    » http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?site=fileinfo&id=632&filegame=5&catid=12&cat=125 [ FPScentral ]

Like the new BF:V icon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Rev's gonna rename it Viet-Navan
    Yippee. He renamed the server to the name I picked :)

No money @ the mo, so no game, till I get a "real" job ;)

syco - how dod ur interview go dude? i got offered the position i went for today :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Any one (the more the better ) up for a game this evening / night on Viet-Navan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any one (the more the better ) up for a game this evening / night on Viet-Navan?

Count me in :)
    Im heading to server this minute.

• Advertisement

i will also be joining in a little bit :)

Advertisement