Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Once again look at the Patches and Mods thread stuck at the top for ALL that you need.

I must go, i have an exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Aha! Thanks again Winters, you are truly the font etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Winters

I must go, i have an exam.

now that is what i call mod dedication on boards til the death :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Running it on - athlon 1800 xp , gf 4 ti4200 64 mb , 512 RAM . settings are at medium and playing at 800 x 600 . bit anoying that I cant use higher Rez , but it slows down too much :( maybe I need new drivers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Tusky Can u get the Graphics Quality bar up past lowest with your PC. I have a GF4 MX440 64MB and i cant even get it past lowest but everything else can go to high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You should be able to run it better Tusky. I have nearly all my setting on Medium or High on 1024x768. I am also running GF4MX, im quite amazed its holding up to it too. I Really need to get a new card.

Also for the most recent Graphics Drivers check out the Battlefield Patches and Mods thread. I updated it a couple of days ago with the newest NVidia drivers so you dont have to go too far from this board to get anything you need. Arnt I great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

The game is very good game in multiplayer mode, no doubt! But it lacks slightly in the variation department. The majority of levels are very linear and repetitive, and if it were not for the multiplayer aspect of the game, im thinking it would really suck ass!!
    Graphics are top notch for an online game and im sure the sound is great with a 7.1 suround system, but i think its just lackin those little touches that can make a good game a great game!
    Maybe im just being a cynical bastard because my broadband goes tits up every evening @ 8pm. you decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    It strikes me, after meh fisth bash last night, as a cross between desert combat/BF1942 and Operation Flashpoint.

It sort of is, now that you mention it. But flashy's guns feel much better. And opflash has laser designaters, and a mad russian called "The Dentist".

Thats exactly the kind of thing im talkin about, little touches that nobody really notices. Like if some of the soldiers sparked up a ciggie or somethin every now and then or if they threw some civilian bots into the mix in levels who could be miskaten as charlie like in all the nam movies. Theres tons of stuff if you just think about it for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I really enjoy the game now, but people have told me that bf42 was exactly the same when first released and although i only tuned in after 1.45 look at how great it turned out to be...just give this time and a few patches and with map making a bit easier now, expect new maps with every patch.

Good point Karma. Personally i cant fcukin wait for a patch to be released to see what more this game has to offer, im sure all of you feel the same. Im presuming were going to be treated to several addon's as well, should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Does need a patch hope they add a few new map's maybe a few new tanks etc

Bah back to downloading 200 meg patchs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

You'll be pleased (or perhaps not) to know that each branch of PC World had 50 copies of Battlefield Vietnam on sale on Good Friday for €14.99. I picked up the very last one in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Laggy piece o crap as far as I am concerned.

Wa? I get about 200% less lag on my 56k than I did with 1942 or its mods. You sure your settings are right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Finally got PC worthy of playing it and seriously not impressed, it feels wrong.
    Looks nice but somfin not quite right about it, anyway runs like a dream on my cheap assed pc.

Radeon 9200SE (cheap 70 blip one)
    Xp2400
    512DDR
    Built in sound and runs at 1280 about 50 FPS avg.

Me not a happy bunny :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I've been experiencing the same merc, (1mb NTL here too) Pings generally around the 50/60 mark but still loadsa annoying spikes every 5 secs or so. They don't seem to register on my ping but it's a very definite spike (no-one believes my lag excuses when I get fragged :( ). But I had forgotten to set my connection in BFV (using ASE the only thing I see in BFV are loading screens and gaming screens) Since I've set it to 1mb it seems better but still no where near as smooth as BF1942... I'm starting to miss DC...

Durrr... I didnt cop the fps thing, no problems here in that sence 2600 @ 2600 mhz 9800XT etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"war..what is good for...." ... not getting a second term for a start :)

One of my fav moments was that blasting on stereo as i launched over a hill in hindsight it was a cliff, the radio doesnt work well underwater :D

Kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

If it's any consilation BFV runs like a dog on my lappy, 3ghz, gig of ram, 9600 etc... Only comfy with 1024x768 with everything on medium... Which is pretty crap tbh... Someone call a doctor, this patient needs some serious patching.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BF42 used to work nice when I first got it. Now, tho, it lags. I know its the RAM, but when I complain of lag, I'm told "but you've only got a ping of 9". BFV is the same. I've turned off the music, and play @ a res of 640*480*16. It still "lags" a bit, but I'm left wondering how I was able to play BF42 @ 1024*768*32 with maximum bots, hardest diffuculty level, and had no lag, about 1 year back (when it first came out).

To get 1GB of RDRAM, it'll cost EUR570, so I'm going for the cheaper option of a new mobo + 1GB of DDR RAM, which will cost about EUR490'ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

The game is sweetness, we all know it but...
    Anyone else find the SA-7 a bit weak?

My day isn't complete without knocking Karma out of the sky it it's just rediculously inaccurate. And the range is crap. And the damage is pants.
    Yet the heatseekers for F4 or Cobra are much better.

I'm running a Dell Dimension 8100 P4 1.7GHz 768MB RAM and 9800XT.
    This proves processor ain't an issue at all but I'd imagine 512MB RAM is.
    I had 256MB PC800 RDRAM but bought 512MB extra on shop4memory.com by postal order and they use registered post. €223 it was. I don't see any lag spikes.

- Spef Kepsne.

Advertisement