Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who will come 4th this year???

• 15-03-2004 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that Villa have got to within 3 points of a champions league place??

For a team with a tiny squad they are really doing well!!

table

All eyes are on liverpool and newcastle to take 4th but villa, birmingham and charlton will also want to sneak in there.

there are six teams within four points of 4th spot in the league. with liverpool and newcastle beating themselves at the minute it's a tough call

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Id love Liverpool to not get it, then rehaul the Staff/Players during the summer

Villa are on fire, anyone see Angels goals yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My heart says Villa but my head says Liverpool.

Although Charlton could hold on, very very hard to say.

But if Angel keeps banging them in then maybe for ONCE my heart will be right.

Go on the Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Liverpool haven't got a hope in hell of making the top 5 IMHO. Charlton and Villa won't get 4th either. It is between Newcastle and Birmingham. As I said in another thread, because of the fixtures I'd go with Birmingham and I put a bet on them a couple of weeks ago at 12/1.

odds

Originally posted by eirebhoy

odds

God think I'l have to put a few quid on Villa, never forgive myself if they got it 10-1 and I hadn't backed them.

I though Biringham too eirebhoy but with Dugarry gone I don't think they will do it, was surprised at their defeat to Leicester

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My head has to go with Newcastle... My arse has to go with Liverpool... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Aston Villa's run in:
    Blackburn (H), Charlton (A), Man City (H), Bolton (A), Chelsea (H), Newcastle (H), Middlesbrough (A), Tottenham (H), Southampton (A), Man Utd (H)..

All the below are hard fixtures.. but the have the big name clubs at home... plus with Man Utds league season not going that well there could be hope.

Charlton's run in:
    Newcastle (A), Aston Villa (H), Portsmouth (H), Liverpool (A), Birmingham (H), Fulham (A), Leicester City (H), Leeds Utd (A), Southampton (H)

Charltons run in is alot easier IMO..

I would like to see them get it <Charlton that is>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I hope to God that Liverpool don't get 4th. If they do, the board will keep on carrring on the way they have been the last few seasons. At least if Liverpool don't get 4th, there'll be a major overhaul of the club.

I'd like to see Charlton or Birmingham get it. Two small clubs with very little funding. It's full credit to them to be contending for Champions League while bigger clubs like Newcastle and Liverpool can barely keep in contention even with the amount of cash they have particularly Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 carl carlson

Newcastle baby! they're the only non-boring prospect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd vote for Newcastle (if we had a poll!) Liverpool to slump to 6th/7th place....

Mike.

Originally posted by carl carlson
    they're the only non-boring prospect

You calling Villa Borring??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

If i had to wager I wouild back Newcastle , I think it will be either them or Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I would have said newcastle, but after that dreadful performance yesterday I'm not so sure. Villa or Birmingham could sneak it, but I still think its between liverpool and Newcastle. I cant see any of the other "smaller" teams getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by mike65
    I'd vote for Newcastle (if we had a poll!) Liverpool to slump to 6th/7th place....

Maybe a mod would be kind enough to set a poll up. It'd be interesting to see the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

on current form I would say Villa, but with their run in, I can't see it. Charlton haven't got the squad to do it with their defence in tatters at the moment. B'ham neither. It's between Pool & Toon. I think it will be Newcastle. Being a Pool fan I think even if they got in, they're not good enough. Maybe UEFA will do the smart thing and take Englands 4th spot away from a CL qualifying place cos none of the teams add much to it. And hoping GH goes with them not getting in would be the icing on the cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

id love to see villa come 4th. but realistically newcastle i think newcastle will do it. Charlton are on a bad run and Liverpool are in tatters.

Advertisement