Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help on deflectors in Gweedore, Donegal

• 15-03-2004 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    Can Anyone give me any information on getting a proper UK terrestrial TV reception in Gweedore, Donegal, as our current Aerial setup (uhf agus Vhf) is gone pure sh*t, so where should I be pointing, poleristaion, type of Aerial, and should I be using any type of Amplification, think my current Aerial is vertical polerisation and seems to pointing out towards some of the Islands.

Your help would be much needed,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

You need a second UHF aerial (your existing one is presumably for TV3 and/or TG4

You almost certainly need a masthead amplifier ("booster") and power suply as well as somethg to combine the signals from the two aerials -(Usually you use device called a "group combiner" but exactly which type depends on which frequency channels the different services operate on

Deflectors are usually (but not always) vertically polorised wheras TV3/TG4 are usually (but not always) horizontal polorised so each aerial needs to be mounted appropriately

Not being familiar with the aera cant really advise you on direction to point aerials frequency channels required gain etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 NollaigDE

anyone??????????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Irish TV Frequencies

RTE frequencies In Donegal

TRUSKMORE(Sligo) North-West I G 60 63 H/H 280kW/500kW
    HOLYWELL HILL(Donegal) North Donegal 23 26 29 33 H 20kW
    Arainn Mhor Donegal 39 42 49 V 8kW
    Ballybofey/Stranorlar Donegal 54 58 64 V 200W
    Clonmany Donegal 39 42 49 V 20W
    Fanad Donegal 61 58 64 V 4.7kW
    Glencolumcille Donegal 39 42 49 H ?