Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Ah man thats class... scary that i acually know alot of people that can go into those photos... brillinat though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Klass:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Although a lot of people give "Skangers" a ribbing in my experience they're a decent bunch of people. I had my own business in the Jervis Centre for about 18 months up to February this year. A good number of my customers wouldn't have had great economic/social circumstances and would have worn some of the clothes shown in the photos in this post. But you know what, the overwhelming majority of them were absolutely sound and made more pleasant customers than the more "well to do" people who would generally look down their nose at you. That's my experience anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

i have a question...

do skangers know they are skangers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

no. they actually go around calling other normal people skangers!

it's crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

LMAO

only one of the guys was not wearing a cap!

brilliant:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by alleepally
    Although a lot of people give "Skangers" a ribbing in my experience they're a decent bunch of people. I had my own business in the Jervis Centre for about 18 months up to February this year. A good number of my customers wouldn't have had great economic/social circumstances and would have worn some of the clothes shown in the photos in this post.

Reason's for saying this:
    1. This person is a skanger!
    2. Their is a skanger standing baside them!
    3. Doesn't realise that why these would be nice people are talking to him/her kevo anto and micko are robbing him/ her blind!

Good pics :D

"Reason's for saying this:
    1. This person is a skanger!
    2. Their is a skanger standing baside them!
    3. Doesn't realise that why these would be nice people are talking to him/her kevo anto and micko are robbing him/ her blind!"

ho ho ho

Was actually trying to make a decent point. in answer to above

1. Wrong
    2. Wrong
    3. I had very little robbing.

Someone mentioned this is just funny from a humour perspective. Yeah, like lets pick another group of people and take the piss out of them too. How about Chinese then, gosh they are funny to look at aren't they.

Someone mentioned this is just funny from a humour perspective. Yeah, like lets pick another group of people and take the piss out of them too. How about Chinese then, gosh they are funny to look at aren't they.

mother of god...this thread is in the humour section, take it easy. next thing youll be wanting equal rights for skangers...the right to vote etc. whats the world coming to?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Came in her to be cheered up, crying out load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by catsup
    i have a question...

do skangers know they are skangers?

Do D4 ruby shirt wearing homosexuals know they're D4 ruby shirt wearing homosexuals ?

Originally posted by Emboss
    Do D4 ruby shirt wearing homosexuals know they're D4 ruby shirt wearing homosexuals ?

I don't get it.. but I find it offensive anyways ;)

Do D4 rugby shirt wearing homosexuals know they're D4 rugby shirt wearing homosexuals ?

that's more like it... :D

we could go on all day

do those disgusting teenage bixesual goths that hang around the bank know that they're disgusting teenage bixesual goths that hang around the bank

does WALTOR in his daddys car with 3 homosexuals in the back going "go on waltor DO 35 THIS IS A 30 MPH ZONE" "SHUT UP WILLIAM THIS IS DADS CAR"

does he know he's a blatenet homo ?

etc etc etc

Dear Muffen

I don't think laughing at economically less well off people is funny or humorous. Travellers are a "group" of people and not a "race" and we have discrimination laws against that so your argument doesn't hold water.

"the people in those pictures could choose to dress differently, and they would then no longer be made fun of."

And who are you to determine what someone should or should not wear?

There was an ad running on radio there recently for jobfinders.ie. Guy is talking to someone and describing how he feels his full potential is not being fulfilled in his current job. Guy has a D4 accent. At the end of his little speech about himself a female voice pipes up "Do ye want chips with that burger". Female voice has an inner city Dublin accent. Now I ask you, if that ad had a chinese voice responding I guarantee Joe Duffy would have been taking calls of complaint about it but because it's an inner city Dublin voice no one casts a thought about it.

I fully stand over my original point. People have selective racism when it suits.

economically less well off people

huh ?

I consider my job to be fairly well paid considering the climate we're in at the moment

and i couldn't afford any of the clothes these "skangers" wear

Air Max what now about 140 euron ?

nike tracksuit well over 100 euron

big gold rings?

(don't bother with BUT THEY STOLE THE MONEY HAHAHA I'M FUNNY")

you're not.....

Dear Muffen

I don't think laughing at economically less well off people is funny or humorous. Travellers are a "group" of people and not a "race" and we have discrimination laws against that so your argument doesn't hold water.

"the people in those pictures could choose to dress differently, and they would then no longer be made fun of."

And who are you to determine what someone should or should not wear?

There was an ad running on radio there recently for jobfinders.ie. Guy is talking to someone and describing how he feels his full potential is not being fulfilled in his current job. Guy has a D4 accent. At the end of his little speech about himself a female voice pipes up "Do ye want chips with that burger". Female voice has an inner city Dublin accent. Now I ask you, if that ad had a chinese voice responding I guarantee Joe Duffy would have been taking calls of complaint about it but because it's an inner city Dublin voice no one casts a thought about it.

I fully stand over my original point. People have selective racism when it suits.

You're right...

BTW, removed my Michael Jackson joke when I was editing my posts.. so here it is again (kinda old, but still funny) :)

What the similarities between Michael Jackson and a bag?

Both are made of plastic and dangerous for children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

BioHazRd Remember that Pm converstation we had ages ago, well it looks like your wrong.

Originally posted by Skanger
    BioHazRd Remember that Pm converstation we had ages ago, well it looks like your wrong.

Are you going to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Although a lot of people give "Skangers" a ribbing in my experience they're a decent bunch of people.

Aaaa no, no there not

Like the majority of people I use the word skanger as an insult to describe someone I think is a little dirt bag. Skanger is not in the dictionary and dose not have a set definition as lower income inner city Dublin dweller. Would you call someone you liked a skanger? A lot the pictures used in this post come from websites originating outside Ireland so there not even from Dublin. Skanger = Scumbag

Are you going to elaborate?

I had a conversation with him about a simliar thread based on knackers, in which several member where banned, I pointed out that its not uncommom for thread like that to pop up, but when they are directed at skangers/teenages/whatever no action is taken.

Doc would you call someone you liked a knacker?

No

So how does that argument support your position?

Alleepally said

"Although a lot of people give "Skangers" a ribbing in my experience they're a decent bunch of people."

In my opinion the word Skanger = Scumbag so to me he is saying

"Although a lot of people give "Scumbags" a ribbing in my experience they're a decent bunch of people."

I would use the words knacker and skanger to mean scumbag and in my experience most people do too.

hope this clears things up for you as I’m not posting anymore about this crap the pictures were posted up before in various forms before so I no longer found them funny and this is getting a bit to debate like for the humor board don’t you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

wah? skangers are blaydin deadly.bate de head off ya. wah? jaysus im mad. wah. oid shag her oi would, cos oim mad. wah? oim blaydin deadly. wah? wah? oid loaf you! wah?

thats all that the average skanger can say or think. till ive met a skanger who can say something else i wont change my mind.

...thats all that the average skanger can say or think. till ive met a skanger who can say something else i wont change my mind.
    Originally posted by Skanger
    So how does that argument support your position?

There you go, time to change your mind :)

Originally posted by spooiirt!!
    wah? skangers are blaydin deadly.bate de head off ya. wah? jaysus im mad. wah. oid shag her oi would, cos oim mad. wah? oim blaydin deadly. wah? wah? oid loaf you! wah?

thats all that the average skanger can say or think. till ive met a skanger who can say something else i wont change my mind.

wtf?

you forgot muppet......

don't be so retarded.....

how will you ever meet a "skanger" who _can_ say something else, when you all ready judge people on what clothes they wear?

don't be so retarded

i wonder if they say don't be so retarded alot ?

Alright, before this gets completly out of hand... here's what you have to look forward to if you continue:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132650&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

.. for those of you who don't want to click the link, here's the results after a discussion very very very similar to this one:
    in light of this, please read below:

Tuts - the "no offence intended" can not be used as a get out of jail card - banned for a week

Slave1, KilOit, Skanger,G, Stormfox1020 and JabbaTheGut - banned for a week

Utility - any more remarks like that and you are banned for a month.

Kold, Ruaidhri and mukki - any more comments like that will earn you a week long ban

bazH - any more remarks like that and you are permanently banned - stop trolling - final warning

My suggestion, remove your posts and leave this discussion be.. it doesn't belong on the humor forum.. move it to humanities.. I'm sure you can have some interesting discussion there ...

.. or.. just keep going... atleast you know whats gonna happen now ....

• Advertisement

what the hell is a ruby shirt? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement