Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDowell on Radio last Saturday

Options
  • 15-03-2004 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Michael McDowell said on Saturday that a victory for the Popular Party would be a victory for the terrorists and that because of that, the Spanish people should consider not voting for them. This is the kind of flawed logic that Bush used to justify the war on Iraq in the first place - "You are either with us, or you are against us". I beg to differ.

I think it is important to point out that many people from different political (an often conflicting) persuasions can share an intersection of goals. Al Qaeda may have wanted to oust the previous government in Spain, and as it turned out; the majority of the Spanish people did too. This does not in any way mean that the Spanish people were supporting the terrorist’s position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

My advice: Dont even listen to the man! Turn off the radio! He's just controversial for the sake of it. A man devoid of a intelligent or politically unique thoughts.

He's a speakerphone for nutters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,problem is ......he's minister for effin Justice!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement