Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just bought star wars galaxies...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

It was GAME that i bought it in twice. Returned it twice.
    They have pulled their entire range of SWG.

PcWorld gave me a working copy.
    And a price-match.

monument what's your in-game tag? mines the same as boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Ive pretty much abandoned chimera aswell, the general population of it seems to be aged about 13...or at least thats the way most act on it...Farstar is by far a better Euro server, of course there are idiots there aswell, but nowhere near as many. Theres more enjoyment in the roleplay element of the game, than simply just leveling just to become a jedi...something I havent bothered doing as I'm quite happy with what Ive got(ch/commando), Im well enough armed to take on at-st's, managed to solo one with a heavy partical beam cannon...:)

And to be perfectly honest, the temple bar guild never had the same unity as the guild Im in on farstar.

clownboy to be honest, there have been feck all updates to FFXI in comparason to swg(nothing but the odd bug fix here and there in the last 3 months), there is no pvp at presant I play both of them regularly(linkshell on fairy is hyroglyphics)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm still on Chimaera and enjoying the game more than I did before. :) I'm in a large imperial RP PVP guilded called KDS, as Memnoch said.

It makes such a difference to be part of an organised guild, with a large city, defense forces, crafters, entertainers in the cantina, our own trade forums etc.

Teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I got bored having nothing to play so I figured I'd re-activate my account and see how the game was doing :)

Lot's of the stability fixes have made it much more fun to play and Im now 1k BH xp from MBH :D

Got a Jedi account + Master rifleman/Master Doctor off a friend so will be having some fun with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I'm two investigation slots away from MBH.. although I haven't done BH missions for some time now.. been busy collecting money by soloing vor hunters to get some better gear... and to get some pistol exp at the same time.. as I want to use my remaining points in the pistoleer tree.

I'm in a reb guild on Ahazi... not doing too bad.. got myself a big house, figured I'd go do some mission to get the krayt skull .. I think it will look nice in my house :)
    If nothing else, the house will look less empty that way ...

Well if anyone feels the need to help out a novice scout.....

Originally posted by fluffer
    Well if anyone feels the need to help out a novice scout.....

If you're on Ahazi I'd give you a hand...

Novice scout is now a master marksman.
    Also nearly Master Scout.

Which means almost novice bounty hunter. Hooah!

Im out of it till some time during the week, bloody credit card tax showed up the day my galaxies bill was due :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm now Master Pistoleer, Bounty Hunter 0020 and Squad Leader 0003. It's working quite well. Decent defences, capped speed, and I can do mind damage with a stun weapon which is what PvP is all about atm. The SL abilities are a bit poo, I'm just playing around with different ways of spending my left-over 18 points. :)

Teeth - 'Anavel' on Chimaera.

well, I'm BH 2/4/4/4 with pistoleer 4/0/4/1.
    I think my final setup will be MBH with pistoleer 4/0/4/0 (although I really like having pistol melee 1, knockdown is excellent against jantas and mokks, which is why I havent bothered grinding investigation). Guess that once I give up my pistol melee def 1 I'll just have to do quenkers for exp and geo caves for cash :/

I got myself a scatter that has 0.3 speed, 200 - 400 dmg (sliced with dmg powerup).
    I also have a bunch of Geo's... the one I use for PVP is 220 dmg with 2,6 speed, unsliced without powerup.

Runnig around in 80%kin res comp armour (like everyone else), and I just got myself an AV-21 and a large tatooine house.

I think I'm doing excellent ... got an auction running with the latest geo loot (7 Acklay bones, 120ish min/max dmg), currently standing at 5mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi all

I m living in cork city and can not get my hands on a copy off swg all the shops are out off stock or are not stocking it.Any idears as im very interested in starting this game.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

www.play.com

selling it for 17.99 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

thanks big chief, just order it.:)

hmm ok lets see

Monty - starsider
    brawler 3444, marksman 3044, scout 4030, Medic 4222(i think), Entertainer 0404( has enough xp to get 3 box's of musican) Rank -Lance Corpral
    Reven - farstar
    brawler 4000, Master Marksman, Scout 4040, Creature Handler 4324, Commando 4440. Rank - 2nd LT
    Ediomock - Chimera - private
    Scout 4040, Creature Handler 3222, Marksman 4144(i think), Rifleman 3200,Medic(unsure)
    New character on infinty cant think of its name
    brawler 0004, Novice Medic, Scout 2010,Medic 2000, Marksman 0010,
    Other new character on TC
    Novice Brawler -- maybe converted to padawan on friday

think that about wraps my characters up at the moment

I finally realized that BH is not very good, so I'm master swordsman, closing in to master rifleman (should be done in 3 days now I hope).

I ordered a second copy of SWG, because I wanna run a crafting character but I also want a combat character :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

C-hiefy :

only have my chacter on chiamera at the minute -

marksman 3 0 0 2

brawler 0 0 3 0

scout 1 0 2 1

medic - 0 0 0 0 , not had much time here apart from crafting stims and healing myself and other ppl

entertainer 0000, stats just dont seem to be going up there at all, how is it you get them up since the entertainer missions are screwed up and dont work? been playing my slithern horn from starport to shuttleports while waiting on the shuttles but dosent seem to be getting my stats up, same goes for dancing

my aim is still to get rifleman / swordsman at the minute with a view to creature handler and getting my med stats way up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Master BH + Pistoleer 0,0,3,0 + Novice Medic @ Imp Col

Master Rifleman + Master Doc + Novice Scout @ Imp Col

Jedi 4,3,3,4 @ Reb Scum

for entertainer you have to do flurishes(?) toget for either dancing or musican xp
    To get entertainer healing xp, people have to watch you with mindwounds and/or battle fatigue and it only works in cantinas...best bet is if you still on tat the 2 main cantinas would be bestine and Anchorhead..Also you earn alot more exp in groups so try to join one...another thing that makes it easier is a looping macro, Ill mail one when if Im on chimera tonight

• Advertisement

For the entertainer part, ask a friend for help... then ask a combat medic to mindpoison your friend... then go to the cantina and start getting that sweet sweet exp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

There's a sorta "free" 14 day trial of SWG here.

The only drawback is you have to be a file planet subscriber ($6.95 / month). Still not a bad deal if you want to try-before-you-buy.

Advertisement