Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

citroen multiplex wiring

Options
  • 15-03-2004 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here got any experience of installing after market cd receivers into newer citroens with multiplex wiring? I am having a lot of difficulty trying to get my kenwood unit to work properly in my Citroen and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

What kind of problem do you have with that unit?
    More details will get you a better answer.
    the wires at the back of the radio are not multiplex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

The radio I have is a kenwood Z727. I am using this ISO loom http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/iso_loom.asp to connect it to my car. I originally had this radio in my last car which was a 1997 Xsara and I took it with me when I traded in against a new citroen. However when I installed it, the remote central locking doesn't work, the radio loses it settings when the engine is switched off and the light dimmer function doesn't work with the lights on the car. These all worked perfectly when it was in my Xsara :(

Right.
    What happen if you disconect the radio?
    Do you get all this working again?
    Did you check the fuses in the car as well?

I have checked the fuses and they are all fine. I also reinstalled the original radio that came with the car and the remote central locking works perfectly now. Also the original radio has no problems like losing sound presets....

What hapens if you have the original radio disconected all togheter?
    Will everything works as normal?

• Advertisement

I will disconnect it this evening when I get home and see what happens. Thanks for your help Louie!

Advertisement