Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software mixing program

• 15-03-2004 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i'm looking for a software mixing program that I can make mixes on. Not one of those crappy live mixing programs.

Looking for something to make my own mix cd's where I can line up the tunes. Maybe something that shows the bars of the tunes like acid so I can line up the beats and change the tempo.

Any ideas?

BloodBath

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If you just want to line the tunes up to make a cd try MixMeister. A friend of mine uses it quite successsfully, but I can't stand it. I use www.atomixmp3.com & www.virtualDJ.com - way better. Lets you properly mix mp3's and record the set. Not sure if you think this is a "Crappy Live Mixing Program" but I've used loads of them and this one is the best by far imho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

Originally posted by Zascar
    If you just want to line the tunes up to make a cd try MixMeister. A friend of mine uses it quite successsfully, but I can't stand it. I use www.atomixmp3.com & www.virtualDJ.com - way better. Lets you properly mix mp3's and record the set. Not sure if you think this is a "Crappy Live Mixing Program" but I've used loads of them and this one is the best by far imho...

I am exactly the same. They are all I use. Although VirtualDJ Keeps crashing on my system. Must be because I am using Windows Me. But eh, as soon as I get enough Ram, I am getting 2000 pro or 2003 Enterprise edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

as suggested by Ste in another thread, traktor dj studio rocks my socks.
    i found atomixmp3 to be far too simplified, little more than pitch control, a jog wheel & a fader...

alcatech bpm studio is also worth checking out, this is more suited to using as an extra device for playing tunes through your mixer, rather than a complete mixing package though. (its still great for mixing, just not as good as traktor)

erm, i've just read over the original post... ignore my suggestions & go for atomixmp3, should suit you down to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Maybe something that shows the bars of the tunes like acid

Erm, why not just use ACID??

Im guessing your not looking for a realtime prog and concentrating more on the CD's themselves rather than a reflection of a live set.

I have found it to be the best for creating mixes like this, the beatmapper tool works a treat for those "global underground" perfect sounding mixes :)

It doesnt even require a decent comp! (used to use it for mixes on my old 500mhz AMD K6 - although rendering took a while)

...and allows you to perfectly sync the tunes ... and master it ... and eq it ....and use crazy botched up soundforge plugs over it ... and fade in / out / in / cut / reverse / scratch / sample ....etc...etc.... you get the drift

Hope this helps

Steve C

P.S. -- BTW, once you get the hang of it a and have the trax stored already as MP3's you should be able to create a flawless mix cd in about 20 mins with nice 2 min long mixes between trax :D

aye, deevey is on to something there. acid is pretty sweet for non real time mixes.
    you'll occasionaly need to insert/remove a small bit of silence at the end of every second bar to make sure that the 2 tunes stay in sync (beatmapper isn't always spot on, especially for vinyl rips).
    i made a couple of 30 minute mixes on my p133 using this method:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

link for download anyone?

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step1.asp?catid=1

the free version of acid express might do the trick (i wouldn't know, i've only used acid pro 3...)

And acid pro 4 is sooooo much sweeter than 3, much more control on the trax and FX mixer.

Hullofalot faster come render time too.

:D

Should really get myself a PC again :P

Oh BTW, nother way of doing it is cool edit pro in the multitrack view, takes alot longer mind you and its harder to make really accurate as its a fairly "manual" beatmapper based on a set number of bars (4, 8, 16, 32 etc...) so much harder to get right. I think its the "get bpm" option in the edit menu.

Anyhow, just another option...

Laters

Steve

Oh BTW, beatmapper is Absolutley perfect, at least in Pro 4, you can adjust the Beatmapper and match the WHOLE track :O start to finish, regardless of slowdowns, speedups halfway though.

Steve

Advertisement