Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beneath a steel sky 2

Options
  • 15-03-2004 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Taken from www.computerandvideogames.com

17:59 Classic PC point 'n' click adventure Beneath a Steel Sky has been plucked from the archives for a brand new instalment from UK developer Revolution, we can exclusively reveal.
    Revolution, best known for its highly respected and successful Broken Sword series, registered the url www.steel-sky2.com on March 4, 2004 (see here for details) and Revolution MD Charles Cecil today confirmed with us that pre-production on the title had indeed begun.

"Beneath a Steel Sky is a game that is still widely respected and we are
    regularly asked when we will write the sequel," Cecil told us. "Beneath A Steel Sky 2 is a project Revolution has been considering for a while, and has stated to move forward on, but we are unable to comment beyond this."

The game is believed to be at a very early stage in development, and it's unclear as to when we'll see something more concrete, although it is expected to hit PC and next-gen consoles in line with the company's current platform stance.

However, with Revolution's most recent project, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, going down a storm with adventure junkies, the revelation of a brand new instalment of a classic name is just cause for celebration.

Only briefly played the first game..but hey any old games like this getting sequels has to be a good thing :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

SWEET!!!!

BASS is one of my favourite games - looks like Robert Foster will be returning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I just hope they restore Joey to his wise-cracking, sarcastic former self. Having Ken as a sidekick would be unbearable.

Be vigilant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Sweet. That was a great game. Looking forward to the sequel.

Originally posted by MrPinK
    I just hope they restore Joey to his wise-cracking, sarcastic former self. Having Ken as a sidekick would be unbearable.

Be vigilant!

I didn't like ken much - Joey was the mutts nuts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah BASS is a deadly game. I played it again only last year to refresh myself when i got into emulators. Anybody want to hazard a guess as to what they think it might be like?

• Advertisement

they'll probably use the Broken Sword 3 engine - so 3D.... hopefully there wont be any box puzzles like the ones in BS3...

Advertisement